Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default The little trouble maker in your collection?

I was looking to trade couple fragrances with a buddy so i went over my collection to see which ones i could let go of. I realized i have few trouble makers in my collection that i actually like, but i cant ever wear it, or find a right way to wear it.

The biggest trouble maker i have is Gucci PH2, which i bought again recently after my little sister broke the bottle i had by mistake.

So i went and bought a 3.4oz bottle and when i got home i put it on as i was getting ready to go out.

While it smells nice and i do like the way it smells, there is something dull and and loud in the way it smells on me, which i dont find it to bring the best attributes of this fragrance.

It smells very overpowering on me even when i am light with the sprays.

So gucci ph2 is my trouble maker as i do like the smell, but i just cant seem to wear it.

whats your trouble makers? (not scents which you dislike)

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The little trouble maker in your collection?

Le Māle is the biggest. I kinda like it, but
    refuses to wear it, as it is so recognizable.

Fleur du Male too. I so wanna love
    this frag, but it comes off very LM'ish,
    and it smells like pee on me! Hmm!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 31st May 2010 at 10:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, at least right now out of my collection it's Realities. I personally really like this fragrance, although it may smell synthetic and very cloying to many, it has a much different smell than the majority of fragrances today. It's clean and powdery, but woodsy and aquatic as well.. is that coconut I smell too? Anyways.. all reviews aside.. it seems to make people sneeze a lot and ask "what are you wearing" but in a negative way.

Mine is Musc Kublai Khan. I think most people who tried this fragrance will know why. Personally, it was love at first whiff for me, but I'm nervous about whether people find it offensive. I generally just squirt it on myself at home :P

Coriolan, as I love it, I can wear it, but nobody around me can stand it. (I can't figure out why...even with just 1 spray it projects something folks don't like.) Thus letting go of 2 backup bottles of it wasn't terribly heart-rending.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second the Muscs Koublai Khan mention. It is, indeed, a very intriguing fragrance, but I've never been able (comfortable) to wear it outside of the house. I've always been afraid I'd smell too "post-coital" and, therefore, too offensive. I do, though, hang-on to a decant of it for self-pleasure. hehe.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

lol @ "post-coital" ^ ^

For me:

Guerlain Samsara
    - smells like I'd spent the night with a lady and forgot to shower in the morning. It's probably just me being 'self conscious'.

D&G La Roue de la Fortune
    - pineapple tops aside, the syrupy floral/benzoin combo gets cloying in the tropical heat.

My trouble maker is ELdO's Vierges & Toreros. It seems that every time I wear it my testosterone level overcomes any sense of my reality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    I'll second the Muscs Koublai Khan mention. It is, indeed, a very intriguing fragrance, but I've never been able (comfortable) to wear it outside of the house. I've always been afraid I'd smell too "post-coital" and, therefore, too offensive. I do, though, hang-on to a decant of it for self-pleasure. hehe.
    im with you :/
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    My trouble maker is ELdO's Vierges & Toreros. It seems that every time I wear it my testosterone level overcomes any sense of my reality.

is it really masculine?

I was told not to wear Arpege Pour Homme around my DH as he said he could hardly breathe. (I sprayed and did not wait for the drydown...my fault.)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    is it really masculine?
    Actually, it's not very masculine at all, it just smells like dirty bodies. But this gets me thinking about sex and then my testosterone kicks in.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just mentioning it on another thread, but as much as I'd never part with my bottle of CdG EdP, it's so easy to overdo I rarely feel like wearing it. It's just so intense.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 1st June 2010 at 03:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My two trouble makers are Joop and Fleur de Male. I like them both but, they are so strong and heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I was told not to wear Arpege Pour Homme around my DH as he said he could hardly breathe. (I sprayed and did not wait for the drydown...my fault.)
    Yes, Arpege Pour Homme, talk about a trouble maker... my God.
    I have 2 big samples of this and every month or so I retest it. I'm kind of obsessed with some fragrances and this is one of them.
    Every time I am stunned because of the head notes. But it's at the drydown that I decide not to buy this.
    It lacks something that would make it truly delicious. It's incomplete for me.
    I have the exact same problem with Burberry Brit.

Post Thanks / Like

One of mine is Joop What About Adam?. I like how it starts with fuzzy tomato stems and leaves, but after an hour that's gone and the left over is some kind of dreadful overcooked vanilla flavored greens or something. Can't figure it out. It's so dreadful I think sometime in the long off future I'll come around to liking it. Also, it's so unavailable I don't want to lose it.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Actually, it's not very masculine at all, it just smells like dirty bodies. But this gets me thinking about sex and then my testosterone kicks in.
    dirty bodies in a way that a girl (18-25) will find attractive, or in a way where my roommates will tell me to take a shower?
    theres something sexy in the scent of my body mixed with my girls body after an "intense activity"

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    D&G La Roue de la Fortune
    - pineapple tops aside, the syrupy floral/benzoin combo gets cloying in the tropical heat.
    Wow, that's one of my newest obsessions ... I looove it!

Amouage Reflection Man is both one of my favorites, and one of my biggest troublemakers. It seems to behave differently (or at least, I perceive it differently) with nearly every application. Some days I love the top notes. Other days I am put off by them. Some days I get a good dose of neroli. Other days, seemingly none. It's very bizarre.

One reason I think I wear it so much is that when I *first* smelled this from a sample vial, it was a very surreal experience. It was as if I had found my fragrance nirvana. Later I went through a period of chemical sensitivity where I couldn't deal with the scent at all (it gave me a horrible headache, watery eyes, and just smelled very very weird). And now, well, now it seems I still can't fully process the scent. I keep wearing it in hopes that I'll start to consistently smell the same scent that took my breath away upon first sampling it, because I knew almost immediately that I had found my holy grail. Now.. now the grail is so close and yet so far away.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more