Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Best Etsy Perfumers

I have run across many inexpensive Etsy perfumers which look interesting. For any of you who have tried Etsy perfumers I was wondering what your experience has been and which shops offerings you enjoyed and what fragrances you found enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best Etsy Perfumers

I found one post on Ava Luxe...I think I may try there.. I have also tried 13 Gypsies (I like them) has anyone tried Solstice Scents or For Strange Women?

Ava Luxe has some fantastic fragrances, but I haven't tried the others you mentioned. Which ones from 13 Gypsies did you like? I like oils, and have a soft spot for Etsy, so I'd be very interested to hear!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

There's Roxana Illuminated fragrances http://www.illuminatedperfume.com/ They were also on on Etsy and are certainly worth looking at and sampling.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked Blood Red and Beware alot, Blood Red is very different from anything I would normally wear...its very earthy to say the least. Diabolique was also very good and I may order a larger one of that. I am currently waiting on a large vial of Blood Red and another one I wanted to try called Web of Night

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Avaperfumes ( Ava Luxe )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 Ava Luxe.

It's a shame her line is smaller now, and only in oils and extrait concentration; I like Kretek, Mousse de Chine, and many others.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/savor

This seller has great products, not so many fragrance mists right now (although I have many from her) but you can get them custom made if you don't want them in soap or lotion. I think it might be more gourmand/fruity than some people here prefer but if you do like that, you can't do better than Savor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post
    Ava Luxe has some fantastic fragrances, but I haven't tried the others you mentioned. Which ones from 13 Gypsies did you like? I like oils, and have a soft spot for Etsy, so I'd be very interested to hear!
    I liked Blood Red its a combo of roses and fresh turned soil, Blood Red is very different from anything I would normally wear...its very earthy to say the least. Diabolique was also very good and I may order a larger one of that. I am currently waiting on a large vial of Blood Red and another one I wanted to try called Web of Night

Blood Red sounds good - I do like dark rose scents. If you like incense and smoke, Ava Luxe's Incense Noir is dark dark dark. Like throwing handfuls of church incense onto the flickering flames of a nightime bonfire.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post
    Blood Red sounds good - I do like dark rose scents. If you like incense and smoke, Ava Luxe's Incense Noir is dark dark dark. Like throwing handfuls of church incense onto the flickering flames of a nightime bonfire.
    Sounds WONDERFUL

ToadStool Soaps makes things to order, at very reasonable prices. Her sandalwood stuff is especially nice.

The only thing is, because she uses no preservatives, you must resist your urge to take advantage of her prices and "stock up," unless you are getting only things like sandalwood, because things like her gardenia and coconut, though fabulous, will only last a couple of weeks, after which they will smell just awful!
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

Angry Re: Best Etsy Perfumers

Quote Originally Posted by Wyllowdaemon View Post
    I found one post on Ava Luxe...I think I may try there.. I have also tried 13 Gypsies (I like them) has anyone tried Solstice Scents or For Strange Women?

Hello, I just wanted to warn you that 13 Gypsies Perfumery is NOT a legitimate perfume oil company. She sells stock fragrance oils, and I have proof to back this all up. She has been lying about this since 2006 when she used to sell her oils as "Macabre Undertakings" and when she had her "comparable to BPAL" eBay shop. There's a forum called bpal.org where other women pointed this out back in 2007. Although she discontinued some of the oils that were discovered to be fake, she still carries a lot of them, and has changed their descriptions.

I have links to both Etsy transactions from 2009 and 2008 listed in the blog. It's long, but you'll want to read it before buying her ridiculously over-priced oils again.

http://13gypsiesexposed.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Best Etsy Perfumers

EDIT AND WARNING!!! I have been reading the BPAL forum since placing an order and I stumbled on the links this poster provided...I turns out I owe her an apology she is right... Although the website she points to above has "dead links" I can personally validate this Etailer is not being 100 percent forthright.
    Last edited by Wyllowdaemon; 20th March 2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: New information.

Solstice Scents is quite a good shoppe, IMHO. Cafe Mallowmel and Cocoa Mallow are especially nummy to help satisfy the foody side! The Roasted Chestnuts and Marshmallows is quite good too. I'm going to spend some time reading about 13 Gypsies...I'm a HUGE BPAL fan, and this is the first I have heard of the craziness...so...off to read.

For Strange Women: I love it. Moss & Ivy is pure genius to me. It's a comforting, lush, earth-wet green, like young ferns popping out of mossy forest patches; it is not dry or crispy like a fougere. Basil rounds out this addictive, peculiar, jojoba and coconut-based oil.

Have yet to smell oakmoss alone, but it's in this blend, as well as her poison ivy lip mixture, and they're both charming, and unlike anything else I've tried.