View Poll Results: Chanel Pour Monsieur vs Christian Dior Eau Sauvage

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pour Monsieur by Chanel

23 52.27%
  • Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

21 47.73%

Smile Chanel Pour Monsieur VS Eau Sauvage

Which one should I buy? Pour Monsieur or Eau Sauvage?

(with Chanel PM, it is NOT the EDT concentree, it's the Pour Monsieur version. I already have the concentree version, and I like it.)

Yes, yes. I shouldn't be blind buying and all that, but excuse me this time - It's blind buy time of the year and I have a few bucks that I'd want to spend on a "gentlemanly" fragrance. Unfortunately neither are available in India (I could not find those in the counters). A couple of guys are in the US now and they'll bring these back for me. Or I'll pick it up from them if I happen to go there before they come back.

I was able to narrow down the list to these two fragrances, so I politely request you that please pick one of these only!

As always, I take your opinions with high regards, and respect your noses for their excellence! So far, what you guys have suggested has been awesome!

Thank you! :-)
    Last edited by HammerFist; 31st May 2010 at 05:14 PM.

Default Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur VS Eau Sauvage

Both are fine, but I voted for PM. You didn't indicate whether you meant the original 1955 formulatoin or the Concentree. I prefer the original formulation, but your state-side friends will be hard pressed to find it here; it's only available via internet as far as I can tell. Concentree is easy to find here, though.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Sur la Plage

Chanel Pour Monsieur by far...................
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Eau Sauvage, if for no other reason longevity...
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Eau Sauvage most definitely. Chanel Pour Monsieur is seriously overrated. There are other better formal gentleman fragrances out there.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    Both are fine, but I voted for PM. You didn't indicate whether you meant the original 1955 formulatoin or the Concentree. I prefer the original formulation, but your state-side friends will be hard pressed to find it here; it's only available via internet as far as I can tell. Concentree is easy to find here, though.
    Snafoo, that's my mistake, sorry. I edited the post to indicate that it is not the concentree version. Thanks for sharing your opinions, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    Eau Sauvage, if for no other reason longevity...
    Thank you Ron. So, what I understand from your comment is that ES is far better, but the longevity of PM is better?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Eau Sauvage most definitely. Chanel Pour Monsieur is seriously overrated. There are other better formal gentleman fragrances out there.
    Yep!

PM is alright but ES is far superior IMO.
    Gentlemenly as it gets and overall very enjoyable.

OK, I give up on the "gentlemanliness" and even the price (i'm not bothered if one is much pricier than the other too).

I need your opinions on the comparison of these two. If one is more 'gentlemanly' than the other and if the other is much 'better' in many ways, then I'd go for the other.

With the comments so far, I think I'd have to pick Eau Sauvage. Also, if PM wins this poll, I'm sure I could either order it online or pick it up from one of the basenoters in the market place.

Thanks to all. Please keep the comments coming.
    Last edited by HammerFist; 31st May 2010 at 05:13 PM.

ES is my choice for overall projection/presence and longevity. It has amazing sensitivity to my skin temperature and actual development at all stages.
    PM is good too but I find it too subtle for my tastes. If you can afford both go for it, if not, IMHO ES is it.
    If you like the tranditional cologne style of PM, I recommend Armani Pour Homme and YSL Pour Homme (either concentration and especially the origianl). I have those as my citrus "colognes."

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    YSL Pour Homme (either concentration and especially the origianl). I have those as my citrus "colognes."
    I tried YSL Pour Homme (the original) and while I'd agree that it smells very natural and 'good', I wasn't quite impressed with its longevity and projection. It smells too simple, and as you said, it's just "citrusy". I'd rather put my money on something else.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Basenotes Plus

IMHO Eau Sauvage is the better of two worthy products. I say get both but if you are limited to one go with ES.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 31st May 2010 at 07:11 PM.

Shop a little online and buy both. You'll love having both in your wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Shop a little online and buy both. You'll love having both in your wardrobe.
    Now, you guys are tempting me. That said, what would be your pick, if it should be just one, Mr. Cologne guy?

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFist View Post
    Now, you guys are tempting me. That said, what would be your pick, if it should be just one, Mr. Cologne guy?
    I vote Pour Monsieur. But only by the thinnest of margins. They're both superb additions to any fragrance wardrobe. Can't go wrong with either.

Eau Sauvage.

ChpM

You can't go wrong with either, HammerFist, but I'd pick Eau Sauvage first.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I own both of these, but my favorite is Eau Sauvage.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    That's surprising since here in Canada I can get both versions at the mall. I wonder why the US is different.

I asked the same question on here last year, and went with Eau Sauvage in the end.

Don't regret it one bit!

Sorry, can`t help you - for me the choice between them sounds like "Wet or transparent?"
    Take both.
    Vetiver The Great!!!