Code of Conduct

Default Ok So What On Earth Has Happened To Knize 10? I can't find it ANYWHERE in stock?

Thoughts anyone?
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Default Re: Ok So What On Earth Has Happened To Knize 10? I can't find it ANYWHERE in stock?

I read a thread in the last year on a distributor for Knize, at least for the U.S. but that is the last I heard.

Anyone have news here?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Ok So What On Earth Has Happened To Knize 10? I can't find it ANYWHERE in stock?

Funny. In april I ordered a sample of Knize 10 from www.ausliebezumduft.de.
    A short time after that they removed it from the website.
    Now there's only an aftershave lotion and balm available.

Knize 10 is a fragrance I don't really understand. It doesn't come over as "strong" to me while it should be. I don't get the constant whafts like I'm getting from Tauers Desert Marocain or from the Montale Aouds.
    Maybe it's something with my nose I don't know. It reminds me of a fragrance that got a beating in a ghetto. It's not clear, sharp and vibrant to my nose. Death oils.
    But when I applied it I went shopping and some lady was coughing a lot when I walked by and she was looking at me not too pleased. Confusing.
    So please tell me why on earth you would want to buy this!

Basenotes Institution

Colonial Drug has it - but you cannot buy it online, only via the phone.

http://www.colonialdrug.com/

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I'm on the market for a bottle too,
    and I'm also having trouble locating
    one..!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 1st June 2010 at 12:45 AM.

It should be available here www.thedifferentscent.de
    At the Knize store in Vienna they told me (about a month ago) that it is not clear "WHEN" it will be produced again. They only had the 225 ml splash on stock.
    Last edited by Larimar; 1st June 2010 at 07:27 AM.

Suspicious as I am, I can't help but wonder if they're reformulating... Or maybe they simply run out every now and then due to erratic production/demand?

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Yes, I checked there, but they advertise it but don't actually have it in stock at the moment.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I've been wanting a bottle of 10 for years and last week I actually had the money to get one. After browsing various online sites, all of which said "on order" or "out of stock" I contacted a local posh department store (they've never had 10, but they do sell other Knizes) and, as far as they're concerned, UK stockists are just waiting for new stock.

Could be down to volcano ash problems halting delivery flights?

Knize ten had a reformulation a year or two ago. It was unavailable for some time and then re-emerged, *more or less* intact though a little weakened. The levels of IFRA restrictions which come into force this year are even more severe on birch tar, moss and other important ingredients thus it is likely that it has been withdrawn while they try to reformulate. I know of at least one leather which has been withdrawn and not (yet?) reintroduced after a long period as they have not been able to satisfactorily reformulate under new regulations.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 1st June 2010 at 08:12 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Colonial Drug has it - but you cannot buy it online, only via the phone.

http://www.colonialdrug.com/
    HDS, you're in UK, so there may be a better alternative. But last time I thoroughly looked, Colonial Drug was only place in US to buy it.
    It's an odd independent drugstore in Boston that specializes in hard to find, obscure scents, shave creams, etc.

The Knize 10 they stock is quite legit, but it is delivered unboxed with no cap. I don't think they can ship to Europe but not sure. Many, many people here and in another forum I belong to have bought from them and swear by them for Knize 10. It's a dreadful website. They're very pre-internet when it comes to their operation.

Sounds like I should pick up a couple of bottles tomorrow after work...

I hope that the reformulations reduce the very high percentage of isobutyl-quinoline in its formula. A reformulated Knize 10 sans the harsh leather synthetic would be more wearable and enjoyable.
    -

Last Saturday I sampled Knize 10 and saw a fairly large stock of it at a Perfume store in Frankfurt, Germany. It was at a DOUGLAS Perfume store in Frankfurt, between Hauptwache and Konstablerwache (a pedestrian shopping area). "DOUGLAS" is a perfume store chain in Germany. I couldn't find it on their website, but they do indeed have it in stock at the aforementioned store.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I hope that the reformulations reduce the very high percentage of isobutyl-quinoline in its formula. A reformulated Knize 10 sans the harsh leather synthetic would be more wearable and enjoyable.
    I, too, would be happy for them to reformulate it, but in the opposite direction - cut out at least three quarters of that balsamic, powdery sweetness so the leather than stand a little leaner on its own, and I might consider wearing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I, too, would be happy for them to reformulate it, but in the opposite direction - cut out at least three quarters of that balsamic, powdery sweetness so the leather than stand a little leaner on its own, and I might consider wearing it again.
    Waitaminute....I thought you were into all things oriental/balsamic/powdery ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Waitaminute....I thought you were into all things oriental/balsamic/powdery ?
    Powder and me are old enemies from a ways back. There are a lot of fragrances that I would probably wear but for the fact that they have a powder overdose ( I like Daphne's florals, for example, but find it too powdery to wear often ). The only exceptions are where there's something strong enough the counteract it, e.g. animalic notes in Shalimar parfum ( can't wear the EdT - at all ). Something like L'Air du Temps makes me keep my distance from any woman wearing it.

There's something I really like about the leathery top notes in Knize Ten that made me buy a bottle years ago, but the sweet, powdery drydown just put off it terribly, so I traded it away. The good news is that I found a fragrance with the same leathery top note in Knize Ten without the powdery drydown. The bad news is that it's Tauer's Orris...

Balsamic notes I'm kind of on the fence about. They can be nice but they need something else or they get boring ( in my opinion, as always... )

Hiya, they don't ship to the UK, but I would be happy to forward you the money if you could buy it and ship it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Hiya, they don't ship to the UK, but I would be happy to forward you the money if you could buy it and ship it to me?
    If I understand Dutch correctly they routinely ship to the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and will ship to other places as well. You e-mail them at info@skins.nl and ask for a shipping quote. Would you please try this first and let us know?

And I mean "us" as in "all of us" and not the royal "we"...
    Last edited by tott; 2nd June 2010 at 05:48 AM.

Thanks, I've just emailed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Have you tried Knize Ten Golden Edition? It's more leather and less powder...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Knize ten had a reformulation a year or two ago. It was unavailable for some time and then re-emerged, *more or less* intact though a little weakened. The levels of IFRA restrictions which come into force this year are even more severe on birch tar, moss and other important ingredients thus it is likely that it has been withdrawn while they try to reformulate. I know of at least one leather which has been withdrawn and not (yet?) reintroduced after a long period as they have not been able to satisfactorily reformulate under new regulations.
    That is completely and utterly FALSE. Knize Ten has never been reformulated....that is merely speculative thinking and online gossip.....this has been clarified to me directly by Knize in my past contact with them.

And the reason for the 'pause' in production has nothing to do with restrictions or reformulation. The stock on certain ingredients were in short supply, hence the backup in time between producing batches. This is the explanation I have been provided by Knize themselves. I've been told the bottle and/or packaging will be redone and Knize will return with better distribution in the very near future...the formula will remain the same.
    Last edited by iedei; 4th June 2010 at 03:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    that is true, it has less powder....and is a more 'direct' fragrance. My bottle is under strict hiding and limited use, due to the fact that it's so difficult to locate.

When I was in Berlin, I saw the complete Knize line at KDW for reasonable prices. Further, I smelled it on a few guys on the U-bahn.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

If I understand Dutch correctly they routinely ship to the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and will ship to other places as well. You e-mail them at info@skins.nl and ask for a shipping quote. Would you please try this first and let us know?

And I mean "us" as in "all of us" and not the royal "we"...

Hmm, they have emailed back saying they won't ship to the UK - that's odd we're only across the English Channel!

No, I haven't run across that one yet; sounds interesting.

You could try here also http://www.parfumerie.nl/zoek-op-pro.../voor-hem.html plenty available as far as I can see, even a huge 1000ml bottle - with a free 100ml 'refill' as an extra bonus!

That one might be nice for a split...
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

it looks like it is in stock here, both the regular and the golden edition (which I believe is more leather.
    http://www.jebe.de/e-vendo.php

Does anyone know if there is a US Distributor for Knize Ten yet or if there is US source that has it in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a US Distributor for Knize Ten yet or if there is US source that has it in stock?
    Not being able to secure a bottle stateside I just received mine from www.jebe.de

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
    Try Colonial Drug at (617) 864-2222.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good news guys.

It's available again at ausliebezumduft:

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/kosmet...roducts_id=690

39 euro for 50 ml