Code of Conduct

Default Creed Virgin Island Water

Hey Folks,

I picked up Virgin Island Water last week and find it an extremely unique scent. In your opinion, do you think this one is more masculine or feminine? And how has it done in the compliment department for people that use it?

Nick

Default Re: Creed Virgin Island Water

I have it and it's an ok scent that's more feminine than masculine. It's a fun scent and I'm actually wearing it today.

i consider it to be true unisex, i just love the smell

As far as compliments go, I get everything from " You smell great " to " You smell like a coconut " :>)

The fragrance is marketed as unisex. I find it feminine without any doubt, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't wear it just because I love the smell.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Basenotes Institution

Unisex. I received a handful of compliments wearing it, from men and women. I miss my bottle.

Unisex, but if forced to decide, I would say more feminine; the deciding thought being a weak man wearing it may seem weaker, whereas a MAN (i.e. Schwarzenegger on Venice Beach) wearing it will come off as a "righteous dude" or cool.

Compliments: Positive only from a significant other. No negatives from anyone, possibly due to lack of staying power or because it is a fairly unintriguing fragrance; that is, it isn't mysterious enough to draw anyone in. It makes no attempt to hide what it is: lime, coconut, sweetness

It's really a fun, carefree fragrance. Too bad the price doesn't translate to staying power.

It works well on either sex.

I think it is not a sillage bomb so compliments can only come from close quarters.
    I find it to be quite a unique fragrance. I just love the coconut note however for some reason I don't wear this often...can't figure out why.

VIW definitely unisex, possibly leaning more to the femiinine side. I used this for quite a few years until recently discovering Hesperides by Essenze di Mezzanotte. There are very similar notes to VIW but this cuts out the lime and adds other citrus notes in and for me this is more masculine than VIW, still classed as unisex and costs a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grifter View Post
    As far as compliments go, I get everything from " You smell great " to " You smell like a coconut " :>)
    I always think I smell like a great coconut.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    VIW definitely unisex, possibly leaning more to the femiinine side. I used this for quite a few years until recently discovering Hesperides by Essenze di Mezzanotte. There are very similar notes to VIW but this cuts out the lime and adds other citrus notes in and for me this is more masculine than VIW, still classed as unisex and costs a lot less.
    Can you tell us more about Hesperides, Craig? It's not in the Basenotes directory...
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Unisex

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    Can you tell us more about Hesperides, Craig? It's not in the Basenotes directory...
    PM sent. Essenze di Mezzanotte is a small Italian perfumerie (no web site yet). Antimateria (no web site yet) and Marco da Venezia http://www.marcodavenezia.com/index.htm should be in the directory, as all their fragrances are excellent. MioProfumo in Italy stock and sell them all as well as i Profumi di Firenze and a few others.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

VIW is definitely Unisex in my opinion. Great warm/hot weather frag that I will be pulling out of storage and decanting enough to last through the long, hot South Florida summer very soon!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Yep, another vote for unisex. Right square down the middle for me.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Having never worn it, I am mystified at how a sugary-sweet coconut and booze accord would be enjoyable in the heat. I guess the connotations that come with the idea of coconuts and tropical drinks are responsible.

Also, whenever VIW is discussed, I think of the song related to this picture:

Last edited by LiveJazz; 1st June 2010 at 06:33 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Having never worn it, I am mystified at how a sugary-sweet coconut and booze accord would be enjoyable in the heat. I guess the connotations that come with the idea of coconuts and tropical drinks are responsible.
    Although sugar cane is listed as one of the notes I dont find VIW too sweet. And although it might read close to a Pina Colada it doesn't wear that way. It is an excellent long lasting hot (and humid) weather fragrance.