Code of Conduct

Default S o t D, Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Happy Summer

GooD MorninG!Have a Wonderful Month Of June!!!!
    Today it's Kenzo Parfum D'Ete for me
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: S o t D, Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Jeez, I can't believe it's June already! Where has this year gone?!

I'm wearing Estee Lauder Knowing today.

Have a good one!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Plus

Where has the year gone- June is coming in true to form, as it's foggy here. Whining alert....I've got a routine colonoscopy scheduled in 11 hours- and I'm already starving! end whining
    At least I smell good in Guerlain Cologne Du 68
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Wee, summertime is here!

For the second day in a row, I'm in my new favourite;

BAL À VERSAILLES

de Jean Desprez

Eau de Toilette

Thumbs up Re: S o t D, Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Pierre Bourdon's

FRENCH LOVER

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Bond No 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory.

Notes include incense, wood resin, amber, jasmine, iris, violet and cedarwood.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Fidji - Guy Laroche
    Wishlist is pointless.

I feel feeble today: overly-tired and full of toxins. And, strangely, I felt I needed a full-blown vintage monster, along the lines of Guerlain's Jicky. First time I've ever craved Jicky in my life.

Unfortunately, I do not possess a bottle, so having deduced that what I needed was a godalmighty blast of civet, I went for Bal a Versailles. It's working well, teamed with a floppy old t-shirt and a pair of yoga trousers.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Good morning everyone. It turned out that I couldn't fix the taxissue yesterday since they're on a strike Today is all about packing since I've agreed to be part of a psychology testing group in Oslo.My mom stays pretty close to Oslo,so I took the opportunity to stay over the weekend. Gotta love free travels Dunno how much freetime I'll get,but will try to drop by a rather new Niche boutique for perfume while I'm in Oslo Sotd is #19.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 1st June 2010 at 12:05 PM.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Fracas
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

I'm at home from work today since my daughter has a terrible cold teamed with a temperature, and I feel about the same too.

We both felt we needed a little something to pick us up. My daughter wanted to try J'Adore (she's only five, where will this end?), and I'm in the divine Kai Perfume oil. I think it did the trick.

Acca Kappa Calycanthus.
    Last edited by Twolf; 1st June 2010 at 12:09 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Histoires de Parfums 1826

top notes: bergamot, mandarin orange
    middle notes: white flowers, violet, ginger, cinnamon
    base notes: patchouli, incense, vanilla, amber

Best wishes to those feeling poorly and a good day to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Carlos Santana for Men today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

(Tee hee! LUVVIN' the idea of Dukie in Copenhagen and Kate in Kambridge in her yoga pants and tee ...you go girl!!....- both in Bal a Versailles!)

Still figgin' around this ayem - today a sample of Bulgari au The Rouge....tea extracts and notes of bergamot, orange, pink pepper, fig pulp, Roiboos red tea, Yunnan red tea, walnut, and musk (part of my B-day prezzint from Wolfie ).

On me a bit acrid so far - my bod's picking up orange peel oil and pepper with the fig bravely trying...we'll see.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Balmain de Balmain this morning, to start my two day work week. Although, then construction starts on my house, which will be no vacation.

I am enjoying my Le Parfum de Therese. I had been saving my last drops, but now that I have been gifted with a new bottle, I am again spraying with abandon.

Hello everyone!

I'm in Fragonard's sultry Belle de Soleil again - such a beautiful non-coconutty beachy/holiday scent, sunny and warm. I'm really loving this one.

Y'all have a fabulous day!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hope you feel fitter faster and free from feebles, soir.
    Triumphs over temperature troubles tele-vibed to trikki and tot.
    Cello, there is no detail about your new house I wouldn't enjoy reading about. So share if you care.

Smelling like a big ol' bitter rind in Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree. Not only did I accomplish lots in the veggie garden over the weekend, I actually have some leisure time this week. Wheeeeeeee! Can spend time thinking about smellies and Boston BN meet-up.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Feel better soon all those who are ailing or not well today ! *HUGS*
    This morning - a spray of Carnal Flower to wake me up .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hermes - Vanille Galante

Good morning to all this first day of June! I'm off to work in a splash of Santa Maria Novella Ginestra.

Blog Entries

Indigo Bunting
    Frederic Malle-L'eau d'Hiver
    Sheer and cool; this fragrance brings to mind shades of blue tempered with pink.
    The crisp clean air of winter segues into spring showers and a bevy of brilliant color.
    The flowers sing out to their glorious feathered friends.

Created by Jean Claude Ellena.
    The notes are bergamot, angelica, iris, hawthorn, jasmine,
    honey, carnation, heliotrope, caramel and musk.
    Last edited by kumquat; 1st June 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Uomo by Carthusia (from a sample)

Crisp, floral, very British - reminds me of Windsor and Richard James. A bright contrast to today's gloomy, rainy, cloudy weather.

Smile Re: S o t D, Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Today I'm wearing Montale Vanille Absolu. For some reason it reminds me of a 'hippie' vanilla. That's a good thing! Maybe I smell a little patchouli? I don't know, but I like it.

Caron Farnesiana <3

Commes Des Garçons x Stephen Jones, which is back to being flinty and aloof on a cool, rainy day. Which is exactly how I like it!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Good Morning All. Ahhhhh, the first day of June. Its going to be a HOT one today!! My SOTD is from a sample a friend turned me on to. A perfect summer fragrance, Fresh ' Fig Apricot ' the name says it all, soooo delicious !

Easing back into work after three glorious days of freedom in a new outfit (thanks, Memorial Weekend sales!) and Le Temps d'Une Fete. A splash of thick golden hazy sunlight on the skin.

A Picnic Party by William Kay Blacklock
    Last edited by Thalia; 1st June 2010 at 05:27 PM.

Starting the month of June with Caron Parfum Sacre. I love it!!

In Paco Rabanne'stoday.

Hope everyone is well on this first day of June!
    Last edited by Lyndy Hop; 1st June 2010 at 05:44 PM.

For today (I'm off work today and tomorrow sez the doc, the weekend back injury's a lumbar strain, for which he prescribed ice, rest, and meds... and scent! <--well, okay he just prescribed the ice rest and meds... but SHOULD have prescribed the scent!) I am working on samples provided by generous Basenoters... SoTA is Eau d'Amouage, fruity flowery woody earthy lush warm headiness, a little Spring fever-dream of a scent. Too flowery for me, normally, but nice for lazing about under the influence of narcotic pain meds.

Hugs to Trikkirikki and shadesofbleu...Hope you feel better soon!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Blog Entries

Feel better soon, trikkirikki! Shades, are you sick too? If so take care and get better fast!

This morning I sprayed on a sample of Clean Lather which smells just like pink Dove soap. It was nice, but 6 hours later, it's still going on in its linear fashion and I'm getting tired of it.

Today I found a new/sealed bottle of CPC (Avon) Lily of the Valley in the stopper bottle from 1999. I dabbed it on, and have been driving myself crazy ever since, trying to think what other scent it so reminds me of. So far all I've come up with is Jessica McClintock, but I once had a bottle of Un Amour de Patou which I threw away (sad, yes) and I'm thinking it's a bit like that one as well. I'm not entirely sure I will wear this one. Unless I layer it somehow.

Oh, actiasluna, you, too? Lumbar pain is no fun at all.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 1st June 2010 at 06:32 PM.

Rose de Feu - Les Parfums de Rosine

Some wonderful images today. Kumquat, your indigo bunting is stunning. Thalia, the Blacklock is perfect. Your rainbow image is glorious, Petra Ichor.

Wearing AG's Heure Exquise and getting dangerously close to the end of my decant.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!
    Last edited by VintageVogue; 1st June 2010 at 07:08 PM.

Get well soon all those who are ailing!
    I am starting off the month of June with an
    old favourite - IVOIRE.

Today it's International Children's Day. At least, in the ex-Communist countries, that is.
    Wherever you are and no matter of what age have a great day, filled with wonders!

I am wearing Ava Luxe Vamp.
    Last edited by darkdreams; 1st June 2010 at 07:31 PM.

Scent of the Evening

CHANEL N°19

Eau de Parfum

Blog Entries

Thanks so much everyone for the supportive words yesterday. I should have come here as soon as I received the GD diagnosis. It was given to me on a Friday afternoon and I basically spent that weekend an emotional wreck because I had all these questions and terrible thoughts in my head, and I didn't want to bother my doctor or the on-call physician over the weekend. I'm trying to learn to "take it easy," but it's not so easy, you know? It's funny because I'm a fairly easy going person in general, but I've never done anything so important before (is there anything more important than making a healthy baby?), so I feel like I have to do everything Just Right.

I'm also glad you all like the new name! I often felt bad when I'd see someone naming me in a post, because it's kind of a pain to type out "an_oud_girl" with all those space marks. And it's not really a name, rather a descriptive (I liked it when people called me Oudy), but I wasn't thinking in terms of choosing a moniker that people would call me by back when I joined BN because it never occurred to me that I'd be posting to the boards. I just wanted to search and learn all those years ago. It's fun seeing all the new names! I adore Mimi Gardenia, and I quickly took to thinking of GB as Suga (pronounced with a sh- sound and a deep southern accent, the way my Aunt Helen would say it). So thanks for that too!

I'm in Sel de Vetiver, testing it side-by-side against L'Occitane Vetyver. Not the wisest choice since I find vetivers to be stimulating and energizing, and I'm supposed to be on bed rest. I like doing these side-by-side comparisons because, in this case, I'm more clearly able to notice the saltiness and sweet citrus in SdV, and appreciate more the woods and spices in LOV. They're very different takes on vetiver, and I can definitely see having room for both in one's wardrobe.

Healing vibes for everyone who needs them!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

L'Artisan L'Eau de Jatamansi.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Hello Dear BNers! Seems like I missed an awful lot these last few days...belated birthday hugs to some of you and healing hugs to those who are on-the-mend. I hope you all have a good month...

SOTD: Bandit EDP

Something off today...smells very much like the fragrance my office neighbor wears (pretty sure she's a devotee of NR for her). Hm. I should've gone with a floral (sans leather) today....oh well. *shrugs*

Basenotes Plus

Boy...I've had a wild day! I had a swarm of honeybees land this morning on a tree in my front yard. I ultimately contacted a bee keeper who came over and vacuumed them up. He was on a 8' ladder on the top of his truck in order to reach them. He estimates the swarm contains over 8,000 feral honeybees.

They are going to a "top bar" hive, a more natural style of bee keeping. And their progress will be reported to the University of Delaware, which maintains a database to study honeybees. http://ag.udel.edu/ENWC/

I also spoke to the guy rolling a giant earth ball down my street. He's the man seen on this website: www.worldguy.org It was quite a day.

The local news filmed the bee keeper removing the swarm, then he interviewed us both. It will be on the 5 pm news wmbc tomorrow night. The reporter is Matt Fitzpatrick. He was very nice.

My sotd has been a layering of Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien edp and Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe.

I posted pictures on my facebook page.
    Last edited by RHM; 1st June 2010 at 11:11 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Evening, all! Just waiting around the house and watching the dark skies to see if we're going to have a tornado or not.

Perfect scent for the occasion: Chanel No. 5. Very calming.

Grey Flannel

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    (Tee hee! LUVVIN' the idea of Dukie in Copenhagen and Kate in Kambridge in her yoga pants and tee ...you go girl!!....- both in Bal a Versailles!
    It is a gorgeous juice. I've justr used up the rest of my decant,
    so now I eagerly await the full 100ml bottle I've bought off the Bay!

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Boy...I've had a wild day! I had a swarm of honeybees land this morning on a tree in my front yard. I ultimately contacted a bee keeper who came over and vacuumed them up. He was on a 8' ladder on the top of his truck in order to reach them. He estimates the swarm contains over 8,000 feral honeybees.

They are going to a "top bar" hive, a more natural style of bee keeping. And their progress will be reported to the University of Delaware, which maintains a database to study honeybees. http://ag.udel.edu/ENWC/

I also spoke to the guy rolling a giant earth ball down my street. He's the man seen on this website: www.worldguy.org It was quite a day.

The local news filmed the bee keeper removing the swarm, then he interviewed us both. It will be on the 5 pm news wmbc tomorrow night. The reporter is Matt Fitzpatrick. He was very nice.

My sotd has been a layering of Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien edp and Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe.

WOW! Wild things are happening on your street!

My best wishes goes to the sick BNers!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Glad you trickled back in, raindropsparkle!

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post

It sounds like you’re relating a weird dream. Of course, I think this is all absolutely fascinating. Would love to snag the news coverage for da blog.

Sniffing Barynia (Musse, where are you?) on paper. Mmmmm. Too hot to wear, but smells nice on paper.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Good evening all.

Hugs to those feeling poorly, heal up quickly.

RHM-What an adventure chez-toi,; bees, beekeeper, man rolling giant balls (that is just too much fun to say aloud) and a news interview. Now let's have a cocktail and relax.

Today I wore Ile d'Amour by Fragonard, which is very Issey M like, not one of my favorites.

Tonight will be Émilie by Fragonard which is much nicer

Group Hug!!! Be well all!
    Last edited by Brielle87; 2nd June 2010 at 12:43 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Basenotes Institution

Hello Brielle !

Black Gardenia by Michele Bergman, this afternoon !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d'Homme tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    Easing back into work after three glorious days of freedom in a new outfit (thanks, Memorial Weekend sales!) and Le Temps d'Une Fete. A splash of thick golden hazy sunlight on the skin...
    "A splash of thick golden hazy sunlight on the skin." I love this description, Thalia!

Heartwood, it's good to have you back, and I like your new name.

I'm splashing on some more Ginestra for the evening...

(((Hugs))) all around, but especially to those in need. RHM, your tale was most interesting!

I'm in AL Nude Musk today/tonight. Take care, all.

Oh, RHM, what a day for you!

Going to sleep in older Schiaparelli Zut.

I wanted something fresh today as I expected to break down around 75 boxes for my store's freight shippment (it never came so I had 17) so today was Tommy Girl .Hope you all feel better soon back injuries and sicknesses are not much fun(I ALWAYS seem to think of about 5 dozen things I want to do whenever I'm laid up and supposed to REST!!!:-)

Hello BNers, big hug for the sicky ones.
    RHM, I liked your day, except for the bees

Today I wore Allure Sensuelle, with a very light application, it is oh so very potent
    Evenstar

Colonia by Acqua di Parma
    Gary

I noticed something today, that I feel all this pressure to choose my first sotd and therefore first sotm. Nothing felt right today, I thought about Pure Poison, Theorema, finishing my Kelly Caleche samp, breaking out my delish Molinard de Molinard a little early.... I ended up in

Ysatis

So you know when something is tasty, but just sort of left of the middle? Like, I heart big sillage and I heart orientals, and this one is gorgeously borderline aggressive, but since last summer I've been like, "Hmmm... do I really need another Big Oriental? Especially one that has similarities to Hypnotic Poison?" And today the answer became clear, and that answer is NO. Because, for whatever reason, Ysatis does not feel quite right. So why do some and why don't others? I don't know. But I think I may leave these last couple mls in the capable hands of my six-year-old niece.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 2nd June 2010 at 04:49 AM. Reason: typos!!!

Sunnyfunny, my equally gorgeous friend, are you comparing Ysatis to H.Poison?!
    I don't get it ... they are nothing alike!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    But I think I may leave these last couple mls in the capable hands of my six-year-old niece.
    Ysatis on a 6 year old?! She won't like it. Ysatis is a womans fragrance!
    I love to know, what niecie says to it ...

Blog Entries

Mitsouko........after five.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Glad you trickled back in, raindropsparkle!
    Thank you Quarry!

RHM - that's one crazy day.

I am sampling SOIVOHLE Vanillaville tonight. I am starting to get a headache, so I think I have to go wash it off. It's a lot of vanilla with strong smoky notes, tobacco, and maybe a spicy note, too. I am also getting a weird "oily" note, which I realize doesn't make sense. Hm.

Maybe I just need to get some rest.

Good night all!
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 2nd June 2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: need to go to sleep