Code of Conduct

Smile Good, fairly cheap cologne for a 19 year old college student?

Hi all, I'm really new to the fragrance world as I used to use the different body sprays of the world, the only cologne I have owned so far is the Usher for He cologne. That fragrance really disappointed me as the scent seemed to disappear rather quickly. I'm looking for a new scent and was hoping to get some help. A scent that I was thinking about trying was CK's Euphoria. But I've heard some mixed reviews on the stuff. As for lifestyle I'm pretty average, athletic but very modest. I'm not sure if this would help but I live and go to college in Las Vegas so it's pretty hot out most of the year. I'm willing to spend around $45 to $50. Looking forward to your answers!
    Last edited by JustinI22; 1st June 2010 at 08:52 AM.

Default Re: Good, fairly cheap cologne for a 19 year old college student?

Depends what you mean by fairly cheap? I'd say go to an online discounter or ebay and buy a 50ml bottle of Terre d'Hermes for no more than $40, including shipping. Either that or Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche (Edition Blanche is important).

Skip the Ed Hardy, Diesel, or Dirty English stuff that everybody else at UNLV is wearing.

You could also go to your local Sephora and just start sniffing around the men's scent side of things. Once you find something you like, wait and check online prices; you can usually get a better discount that way. Key is figuring out what you like, not what everyone else is wearing for the hell of it. Good luck.

Thanks. Did a bit more shopping today, and I think I've figured out what I like. Tried Terre d'Hermes but it seemed a bit too much for me. The two that definitely stood out to me were True Religion and D&G light blue. They smelled a bit similar to me, but those were the ones I liked. Any thoughts on these two?
    Last edited by JustinI22; 2nd June 2010 at 01:58 AM.

Thierry Mugler Cologne is very good for hot weather. Clean and fresh

http://us.boutique.thierrymugler.com...1_44533__1_1_1

Doublepost. Sawree!
    Last edited by adonis; 2nd June 2010 at 03:46 AM.

Blog Entries

I like D&G Light Blue also, though it doesn't get much love around here.

For frags in the same vein, check out: Versace Pour Homme, L'eau D'Issey, and Mugler Cologne (as Adonis recommended).

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by JustinI22 View Post
    Thanks. Did a bit more shopping today, and I think I've figured out what I like. Tried Terre d'Hermes but it seemed a bit too much for me. The two that definitely stood out to me were True Religion and D&G light blue. They smelled a bit similar to me, but those were the ones I liked. Any thoughts on these two?
    If that is what you like, then buy it. It is what you like that matters.

However, I would suggest you try some things that not everyone and their brother is wearing to set yourself apart from the crowd.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    If that is what you like, then buy it. It is what you like that matters.

However, I would suggest you try some things that not everyone and their brother is wearing to set yourself apart from the crowd.
    Yeah, that's why I'm going to do a little bit more shopping around. It would be nice to smell different from every 3rd person in a room.