Code of Conduct

Default Female usability of the male Balenciagas?

As a big fan of the house Balenciaga I was wondering in the female forum about the usability of the male Balenciagas by woman. I haven't got much response until now, maybe because I should ask you here in the male forum as the real experts of male fragrances.

Which ones of the male Balenciagas could be classified as unisex, which ones are absolutly male and macho? It would be great, if you could give reasons for your opinion.

Ho Hang (1971)
    Eau de Balenciaga (1973)
    Portos (1980)
    Ho Hang Club (1987)
    Balenciaga Pour Homme (1990)
    Cristobal Pour Homme (2000)
    Cristobal Pour Homme Eau de Cologne D'Orient (2004)

(Are they complete? Have I mist one?)

You would be of great help to me! Thank you in advance.

AromiErotici

Default Re: Female usability of the male Balenciagas?

Hi Bandit. Balenciaga Pour Homme is one of my Top 3 frags and its sillage / longevity is to be envied. I can't see it working too well on the female persuasion however. There's really nothing "shared" about its composition. It is very masculine in every way.

I cannot speak on the others listed as I do not wear them. 'Hope this eliminates one of them for you.

Yes, thank you, it does. And fortunatly a rare and expensive one.

Last edited by Bandit; 1st June 2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: double post, sorry.

I would say sample it for yourself and make your call. I do not go by gender label when it comes to scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I would say sample it for yourself and make your call. I do not go by gender label when it comes to scent.
    That's my thinking too.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

But than basenotes could shut down, I mean, we all the time talk about scents and our opinions. We surely only could sample everything and make up our minds on our own. What's the review section for?

I would imagine, that you have read at some point reviews about a perfume to find out, if it could be for you, don't you? Or do you sample everything? Without reading reviews, blogs and note lists before? I do read about perfumes before I sample and I have a specific question to the Balenciaga range, that isn't answered in the reviews. For me it is also a matter of money, as they are all discontinued and most of them have to be blind buys. I'm willing to take that risk, but only for unisex ones.

Can't see, why a lot of questions must be answered like you did. I know, that I can try perfumes, I know I can wear whatever I like. You really think you told me something new?

Well, anyway, it was worth a try, would have been nice to hear some opinions. I'm still glad, if somebody does, but please don't go on telling me, that I can sample. That's boring.