Code of Conduct

Default Jil Sander SCENT 79 Man

How Jil Sander decides which fragrance to discontinue is a mystery to me. Scent 79 Man is one of the best mainstream fragrances (and I use mainstream here very loosely) I have smelled in a long while. I wish I bought a bottle of this when it first came out. I keep going back to Neiman but never decided to buy a full bottle. Sigh....

Default Re: Jil Sander SCENT 79 Man

Try Jil Sander boutiques in NYC or Chicago

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    Try Jil Sander boutiques in NYC or Chicago
    But expect to pay a lot more for it compared to the price at Neiman Marcus.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

lsp I really like this fragrance too. I have the same story as you I kept seeing this at Neiman Marcus and trying it out and I loved it every time. I finally decided to buy a bottle and when I ordered it online from Neiman Marcus they told me it was temporarily out of stock. After weeks of waiting they finally told me that it wasn't coming back. I went back to the store and they didn't have it anymore. After months of looking I finally found it from that same ebay seller that gupts posted for $89.99. It seems like she raised the price now but it still isn't a bad price. I'm surprised at all the negative and neutral reviews of it in the Basenotes directory. Supposedly this is a reformulation of the original as seen here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jil-Sander-Men-4...item1e5a977b40

I plan on buying this one soon too which seems to be similar and has some good reviews here on BN.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    lsp I really like this fragrance too. I have the same story as you I kept seeing this at Neiman Marcus and trying it out and I loved it every time. I finally decided to buy a bottle and when I ordered it online from Neiman Marcus they told me it was temporarily out of stock. After weeks of waiting they finally told me that it wasn't coming back. I went back to the store and they didn't have it anymore. After months of looking I finally found it from that same ebay seller that gupts posted for $89.99. It seems like she raised the price now but it still isn't a bad price. I'm surprised at all the negative and neutral reviews of it in the Basenotes directory. Supposedly this is a reformulation of the original as seen here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jil-Sander-Men-4...item1e5a977b40

I plan on buying this one soon too which seems to be similar and has some good reviews here on BN.
    Yes, they are very similar. I had the "original" one you referred to in your post but ended up selling it. I think Scent 79 is a lot more comforting and I enjoy wearing it more. I think the situation here is similar to Polo Modern Reserve which a lot of people here hate over the original Polo. I, for one, prefers PMR over the original.

I don't understand all of this either.....I'm glad I have a bottle.....Gary