Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    M. Le Duc, You are one fine bargain shopper! 43 bucks and NO SHIPPING COSTS either. Many congratulations on your continuing good luck.
    I don't wanna jinx myself, by talking too much about my recent luck,
    so let me just say thanks!

I blind bought a bottle of Replique on Evil Bay today, the shipping is more than what I paid for the fume- see what I mean? Ah me, someone has to keep the Post Office in Business, it might as well be me
    If it isn't you it will likely be me. And I kind of work for the Post Office. Basenoters across the world are helping keep the USPS in business! (hmm.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

I'm definitely keeping USPS in business ( and fedex and UPS - UPS guy is my friend now ! ) - long live the Post Office !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I'm definitely keeping USPS in business ( and fedex and UPS - UPS guy is my friend now ! ) - long live the Post Office !
    That's hilarious cause when I was living in Hull, UK, the postman was always the same and I would always invite him for a cup of coffee Nice guy!

I swore when I began this fragrance fascination (addiction) that I would NEVER buy or need more than 30 bottles of fume, and that I would NEVER EVER obsess about needing backup bottles AND certainly NEVER EVER EVER make myself crazy searching for vintage juice...

Well, I've broken two promises now. I am completely panic-stricken and obsessively purchasing backups just in case, staying up waaay too late at night scouring the net for vintage bottles and very quickly approaching my 30 Full Bottle limit (back ups don't count toward full bottle total, thankfully). I'm sick I tell you!

Today I bought back ups for Vanilia, La Chasse Aux Papillons, and Miss Dior...

LOL Bloomy, you're in very good company here. (I am afraid my "resolve" didn't allow me to stop at 20, 30, or even (shudder) 60 FBs. (but I did sell a few "backups" I realized were very silly to have! Yeah! That Helps!) (Hey, I look at it this way: if I end up years from now, penniless, spending my last days on this planet eating cat food, I'll still smell nice doing it!)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

Oh Luna, you are a bad influence, I don't even like cat food. I do have a dog though...

I just found out that I won an auction for MORE Dzing! Which I already had a full bottle of, so that's four back up frags in one day! Three of them L'Artisans, man there is something seriously wrong with me...

I feel like I have barely scratched the proverbial fragrance surface as far as sampling and sniffing and learning so I need to put the brakes on back up purchases and focus on broadening my horizon. My concern is that if I do more sampling and sniffing I KNOW I will go over my 30 bottle limit. This is prolly the wrong thread for my whining.

I bought Dzing! on my Oslo trip *happydance*

Basenotes Institution

Ineespenes- I hope you had a lovely trip and congrats on Dzing !

Ok someone hit me- yeah OK, actiasluna- c'mon , spank me, girl ! ........ Cos I'm naughty - I got two samples- Cruel Gardenia ( I dreamt of it night before last ! ) and Vega ( to go with the Sous Le Vent )
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 8th June 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Hi !!Congratulations all for your new perfumes and samples !!!!
    Today, i wear Dune by Dior from a gifted mini !So this afternoon i took the chance and ordered a big bottle of it!Couldn't resist
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I bought Mimosa Pour Moi today.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurry View Post
    I bought Mimosa Pour Moi today.
    Oh Fleurry - what's it like ??

Ineespenes- I hope you had a lovely trip and congrats on Dzing !

Ok someone hit me- yeah OK, actiasluna- c'mon , spank me, girl ! ........ Cos I'm naughty - I got two samples- Cruel Gardenia ( I dreamt of it night before last ! ) and Vega ( to go with the Sous Le Vent )
    Here ya go MG... <SMACK> ... feel better now?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Here ya go MG... <SMACK> ... feel better now?
    Much darling ! *LOL* Congrats on 'you know what' ,by the way !

Oh Fleurry - what's it like ??

Oh, it's light and sweet, but not too sweet, not cloying, just soft and nice for summer. If it were a color it would be a soft pale yellow.
    Last edited by Caron33; 9th June 2010 at 12:32 AM.

Much darling ! *LOL* Congrats on 'you know what' ,by the way !
    Thankyou! Congrats to you, too! (sig time!)

I jyst ordered bottle of Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre (the iris one
    by Pierre Bourdon.)
    I am bidding on a bottle of Mauboussin on e-bay too.

I just received a huge (100 ml) bottle of Sequoia from my brother which he bought for me at Barney's when he was in NYC. Gotta love my brother :-)

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

I bought another bottle of Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier ( its soooo good ) and found yet another vintage
    Vent Vert. I am becoming very accomplished at hoarding.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 10th June 2010 at 02:04 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    I bought another bottle of Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier ( its soooo good ) and found yet another vintage
    *LOL* Me too !

L'Eau de L'Artisan, 100 ml.... 75% off!
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Wow! Where was that sale?
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

C.O. Bigelow's was having their semiannual sale. Selected items were 75% off. I was at a different store earlier this week and they had different items on sale, and the most was 50% off. So I guess it depends on the store. So, check it out!
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I don't think we have C.O. Bigelow. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, though! 75% off is about right to get me to invest in L'Artisan ...

M. Le Duc, You are one fine bargain shopper! 43 bucks and NO SHIPPING COSTS either. Many congratulations on your continuing good luck.

I blind bought a bottle of Replique on Evil Bay today, the shipping is more than what I paid for the fume- see what I mean? Ah me, someone has to keep the Post Office in Business, it might as well be me
    We both keep the Post Office open for business !I paid $35 in shipping on 7 E-bay wins from 1 seller (in 1 box)cost of boxes contents? about $22.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Backstocking .It becomes hoarding only when your collection threatens your life!(not there yet are you?)

Blog Entries

Chocolovers by Aquolina

Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir by Bvlgari

Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au the Blanc by Bvlgari

Eternity by Calvin Klein

Arpege by Lanvin

Basenotes Institution

I bought samples of Krigler's Pleasure Gardenia 79 and Juicy Jasmine.

Sur la Plage

Nasomatto Black Afgano

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

We stopped in at Whole Foods in Milford (CT) today and I noticed they carried the Maroma perfume line, with testers. A boxed 10 ml. splash bottle is $13.99. These are oil-based, alcohol-free perfumes.

I bought Night Jasmine, which settles down to smelling quite a bit like Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia after the very sweet top notes depart. (It doesn't smell at all like night flowering jasmine-- just like ordinary jasmine!) I am going to experiment with layering it.

I did try their Rose Attar but found it smelled first like an artichoke, then like a cooked rose. Sweet Sandal didn't smell anything like sandalwood; Vetyver was shrill, but if you like vetiver don't take my word for it-- it may be just what you like. Vanilla was cloying (but I don't like vanilla perfumes). I may test Patchouli on skin next time-- I wasn't in the mood for it today.

That particular Whole Foods also carries Pacifica sprays and body creams (including French Lilac, which is harder to find locally than the other scents), with testers for all. While I don't care much for the French Lilac spray, the body cream is quite realistic and I may buy it next visit.

Or not-- I have soooo many body creams already!

Sur la Plage

Serge Lutens A La Nuit

Notes include Moroccan, Indian and Egyptian jasmine, green shoots, white honey, benzoin, musk and clove.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Warning: Long winded backstory:
    Friday I had an interesting experience at the South Coast Plaza's Nordstrom's Guerlain counter for a "fragrance consultation". I had made the appointment (back in April) when I just happened to stop in and was told an expert from the Paris flagship store was making her annual tour of the Guerlain counters in the US and would be at this store on June 11,12. How could I pass that up? So, I schlepped down there, which takes several hours, and met with this tres chic woman. After personal pleasantries & my declaration of love and loyalty to Maison G, she felt my bare arm, pronounced that I had "a lot of musk in my skin" and that she would choose the very best Guerlains for me. She sprayed me with: Philtre D'Amour, Cologne Du Parfumeur, Oriental Brulant, and Vetiver Pour Elle. I've never had the change to sniff Vetiver pour Elle before, but have had regular Vetiver since 1991. I have sampled all the others previously. (hmmn, the newest release in the line is perfect for me, eh?)

Of course, I opted out of the recession and purchased TWO bottles- the V pour elle, and Philtre D'Amour. All in all, an expensive but happy day for this Guerlainista. Truly, the Vetiver Elle is magnificent- It was of no tantamount importance to me whether there is any truth or science behind the actual "skin analysis" part of the consultation.

Almost forgot, the rep really surprised me by stating that she also recommends layering the scents I purchased. For myself, I'll have to warm up to the idea of treating a complex Guerlain like a Jo Malone type scent. Actiasluna is the adventurious layer-er around here. But what the heck, life is short.
    Last edited by knit at nite; 12th June 2010 at 09:33 AM.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Institution

Knit -at-nite- what a truly gorgeous scent day ! Well done and congrats on your new Guerlains !
    Now you got me wondering how much musk I have in my skin ! *LOL*

Blog Entries

Today at Goodwill I bought a boxed set from the 1960s of 3 Coty colognes-- full bottles, 1 oz each: Émeraude, L'Origan and L'Aimant. $4.99-- not bad!

Sur la Plage

Bogner Deep Forest

Top Notes: Hesperides, Citrus, Neroli, Orange, Bergamot, Rosemary, Nutmeg
    Middle Notes: Cinnamon, Lavender, Patchouli, Vetiver
    Base Notes: Moss, Musk, Labdanum, Incense

Sur la Plage

Lacoste Land

Notes include Citrus, Woods, Spices, Musk and Amber.

My husband bought himself into my good books again with a 50 ml bottle of Guerlain's Idylle on Friday. He once again proved that perfume can buy you happiness and a really good weekend :-P.

I just received my bottles of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil and Dior Dune yesterday -- purchased from a Basenoter. Unfortunately, the spray mechanism on the Jardin Sur Le Nil had been knocked askew and quite a bit leaked. There's a decent amount left, though, and it does smell heavenly.

Warning: Long winded backstory:
    Friday I had an interesting experience at the South Coast Plaza's Nordstrom's Guerlain counter for a "fragrance consultation". I had made the appointment (back in April) when I just happened to stop in and was told an expert from the Paris flagship store was making her annual tour of the Guerlain counters in the US and would be at this store on June 11,12. How could I pass that up? So, I schlepped down there, which takes several hours, and met with this tres chic woman. After personal pleasantries & my declaration of love and loyalty to Maison G, she felt my bare arm, pronounced that I had "a lot of musk in my skin" and that she would choose the very best Guerlains for me. She sprayed me with: Philtre D'Amour, Cologne Du Parfumeur, Oriental Brulant, and Vetiver Pour Elle. I've never had the change to sniff Vetiver pour Elle before, but have had regular Vetiver since 1991. I have sampled all the others previously. (hmmn, the newest release in the line is perfect for me, eh?)

Of course, I opted out of the recession and purchased TWO bottles- the V pour elle, and Philtre D'Amour. All in all, an expensive but happy day for this Guerlainista. Truly, the Vetiver Elle is magnificent- It was of no tantamount importance to me whether there is any truth or science behind the actual "skin analysis" part of the consultation.

Almost forgot, the rep really surprised me by stating that she also recommends layering the scents I purchased. For myself, I'll have to warm up to the idea of treating a complex Guerlain like a Jo Malone type scent. Actiasluna is the adventurious layer-er around here. But what the heck, life is short.
    Congratulations!!!! What a treat. I really love the Guerlain counter at Nordstrom in South Coast Plaza. Do you know if they are still selling Sous le Vent?
    I have Philtre and it is very nice, especially now that we are having warmer weather.
    Enjoy!
    Evenstar

L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse. Yummmm!

I happened to be at a drugstore today (CVS) and noticed they were having a sale. I bought Alyssa Ashley Musk perfume oil. It was 50% off, so I only paid $7 . I've always wanted to try this musk.

Sur la Plage

Agatha Brown Conquest

Notes include bergamot, lemon, yuzu zest, Rio Red grapefruit, fig leaf, stephanotis, jasmine, iced lavender, white muguet, Braeburn apple, Atlas cedar, vetiver, tonka bean, Ceylonese sandalwood, patchouli, olibanum, benzoin and musk.

I just got home with;

100ml Diorissimo, Les Créations de Monsieur Dior
    100ml Allure Homme
    75ml Obsession for Men
    50ml Trésor, Elixir de Parfum
    30ml Hidden Fantasy
    30ml Versense
    30ml Vanille EdT, The Body Shop

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 14th June 2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Changed Midnight to Hidden

Basenotes Institution

Duckiw- lovely buys !How do you find the new Diorissimo ?

Duckiw- lovely buys !How do you find the new Diorissimo ?
    I was stunned and shocked myself.
    I went to the Guerlain section of the
    parfumerie of Magasin du Nord, the
    biggest fashion/fragrance 'mall' in
    Denmark, to ask about Mitsuko, I
    didn't like that at all.
    On the way out I went by the Dior
    section, and there it was, amoung
    the other testers. I almost fainted
    in surprice, and bought it without a
    second thought. She told me, that
    the rest of the Les Création de
    Monsiour Dior
    would hit Danish
    stores within this year ... look for it,
    if it's here, it must be in the States
    aswell ... I can't wait for Dioressence!

TF Tobacco Vanille and TF Noir de Noir. I'm a real sucker for a great promotion and amazing customer service on top of that. Along with my purchases, I received a 10ml TF Black Violet and 10 ml White Suede Musk along with a boat load of extra goodies. I LOVE Neimans!!!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

After personal pleasantries & my declaration of love and loyalty to Maison G, she felt my bare arm, pronounced that I had "a lot of musk in my skin" and that she would choose the very best Guerlains for me.
    Well, I'm going to have to feel that arm to learn what musky skin feels like.

Just jumped on a buy-it-now bottle of Guerlain With Love. This will be bottle number 4!
    Last edited by Quarry; 14th June 2010 at 07:40 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Guys, I have got vintage Narcisse Noir EdT - smooth creamy, even civet is very pleasant, not sharp and urinal cakey like in the reformt'd version. Ohh, I am happy!!

Sur la Plage

Nina Ricci Phileas

Top notes are aldehydes, juniper berries, green notes, bergamot and lemon.
    Middle notes are carnation, patchouli, cinnamon, jasmine, caraway, vetiver, cedar and pine tree needles.
    Base notes are labdanum, leather, amber, musk, oakmoss and tobacco.

Confession is good for the soul.Well it's confession time .....I've been on Ebay.....and winning .(Apologies in advance if I was bidding against you )My fragrances arrived today(and unfortunately sat on a hot porch for an hour and a half)and are as follows:
    1.Arpege edp two partial bottles,and a 2/3 full mini of what I think is the Extrait $5 +$7 shipping
    2.LOT of ten a.Azuree cologne spray concentrate2/3 of.95oz
    b.Amarige parfum mini@.25oz(whew is that one STRONG!!! You can smell it Before you remove the tape bubblewrap and sealed ziplock baggie)
    c.Channel #5 purse perfume .25 oz most there
    d.L'air du temps edp .5oz slightly under half gone gold purse atomizer
    e.&f. Eternity minis.25 oz parfum both nearly full one more amber than the other though
    g.Nokomis .25 oz perfume spray 85%full
    h.Oscar de la Renta edt 1oz 85% full
    i.Privilege parfum.10oz most there
    j.Tresor edp mini.16oz mostly full lot cost$30.50 shipping incuded
    Package #3
    Avon Pearl and lace cologne .5 oz(been hunting some of this)
    Avon Vivage cologne.5 oz(it was listed with the next 2 ,wanted to try the third)
    Sharina by Shaklee 1/8oz half full(came with Fracas)
    fracas de Robert Piguet parfum.068 oz itty bitty adorable mini bottle(this I wanted to try)
    1/3 of a .25 oz Caron Infini parfum and about .33 oz of the cologne?(could be a different concentration-no info)
    Last the stuff that came to $22-23 and the shipping was $35 (when seller had offered to combine shipping for buyers benefit:
    Nearly full Cabochard edt 1.7oz(listed as new),about1/2 a bottle ofCabochard edt (estimating 1oz size bottle )supposedly new Cabochard 1.69oz lotion half gone,Poeme 2partials 1 full mini parfume,1mini each of Georgio,Noa,Perry Ellis 360 degrees,1/2 a mini of Fendi, 2 partial minis Opium edt1/2 &85%full.
    Took 1 hour to write this as I am a slow typist-now to go log them into my wardrobe.
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 15th June 2010 at 05:35 AM.

I just used my last giftcertificate to buy

ESCALE AUX MARQUISES

75ml/2,5 fl.oz Eau de Toilette

It only arrived at the boutique yesterday - brand new!

Sur la Plage

Jil Sander Man Absolute

Top notes: Grapefruit, Green Notes, Bergamot
    Middle notes: Artemisia, Lavender, Violet, Abstract Blue Accord
    Base notes: Amber, Blue Cedar, Woods, Russian Leather

Wow! Some of you are quite prolific purchasers! Congratulations, especially Le Grand Duc, petruccijc and bookwyrmsmith. What fun!!!

I just bought Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere (the 2.5-ouncer/75mls). Yippeee!

Congratulations on your restraint! Or at least your planned restraint :-) Those are words it would be useless for me to utter.

YSL Opium and Paris EDT

Basenotes Institution

More samples for moi ................

Tracy by Ellen Tracy

They had got down to one bottle left at Ross -I had to get ---------------
    ---------------------Oro by Paulina Rubio
    this is sort of like a cross between Bulgari Omnia (2/3)and Pleasures by Estee Lauder .Supposedly this has a coffee note more testing may be required for that.

Basenotes Plus

Mr Postman delivered two E-bay purchases this week, so here's my impressions after testing:
    Replique by Raphael- EDT splash in a red box. This is mossy, light chypre with a slight note of flowers and spice. Blended well and has a sophisticated, refined sense about it. Seems unisex to my nose. Not the most exciting fragrance for me but has a certain elegant chic that will work in the office and lasts long for an EDT.
    Dioressence- Vintage EDT. Never liked the name but, Dang, this juice is FINE. A chypre, but it didn't bite my head off as some can, and developed into more of an smooth oriental. Very feminine, I thought in the opening, but after about 40 minutes, could be very unisex.
    Now want to try all its variations
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    I just bought Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere (the 2.5-ouncer/75mls). Yippeee!
    An excellent choice! I love that one.