Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

Wow, it took me awhile to read thru this thread. Y'all have been BUSY! I want to fly to Copenhagen and hit Duckie's flea market!

Mimi, I was so pleased to see that you bought Eau Sauvage after trying it. It's a favorite of mine too and not just because it came out the year I was born (though it gets bonus love for that).

I been buying again recently, though not much. Badgley Mischka Fleurs de Nuit has been on my wishlist for a long time. It's a pretty enough blended floral that I liked a lot after sampling it a few times, and the bottle is one of the prettiest I now own. I got a great deal on it on thebay, but it's so much like J'Adore that I'm not sure I need both (and I've decided I like J'Adore just a little bit better). Still, it fulfills the requirement of owning more spring/summer fragrances, which I felt were lacking in my wardrobe.

Today a preloved bottle of Guerlain Jardins de Bagatelle arrived in the mail. This is a nearly 2/3 full 100ml bottle that I scored for $19.07 shipped!!! I've mentioned now and then on other threads that JdB was the first perfume I ever bought for myself with money I earned working part time my senior year of high school. It was my signature scent for years (the bottle lasted ages; it's powerful juice), and I've been wanting another for quite a while. But I didn't want to buy a fb because I knew it would take me more than a lifetime to get thru it and I couldn't justify the expense. And minis didn't seem like a good value to me, in this case. So I put it off, and glanced at thebay once in a while, and finally saw this great deal! Patience pays off. I smell scentimental today!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Am trying to catch up on all my fave threads after moving into a new house and being without internet for a few weeks! Some great purchases in this thread - am very envious of the flea market purchases...I think I'm in the wrong country for that! I've never found much in the way of perfume at markets.

Despite realising just how many perfume bottles I actually have whilst attempting to move them (along with my too-big collection of shoes, makeup etc) from one house to a city apartment I managed to make a few purchases this month too.

Missoni Missoni - I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing over this one for a while; I really like the strange chocolate-y notes and jammy fruits. It really is an odd perfume but it works well on my skin.

I also picked up a set of two small Annick Goutal fragrances from Perfume Connection; which was very surprising as I've never seen them stock AG before. The set was only $40AUD and had two 15ml bottles of Gardenia Passion and Grand Amour. I'd been working my way through a decant of Gardenia Passion and I loved it, so I couldn't pass up the set for such a good price; seeing as an equivilent 30ml bottle is about $130-140AUD in David Jones.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bookwyrmsmith View Post
    On ebay a 6oz crystal bottle 3/4 full Guerlain Chant D'Aromes !!!!!
    For$24.99 plus shipping!!!! I like this one but Mom loved it at first sniff and her birthday is Aug28th so this PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats on your very nice score!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Congrats on your very nice score!
    Thanks!
    I've been at it Again!
    Vintage Eau d'Issey Miyake .50 oz half full $3.99 + shipping .I have a mini but this conical shaped bottle is very nifty looking & a good price!

Blog Entries

I got a whole bunch of Honey samples from TPC.
    Every time I spend on samples as much as I would spend on a bottle of perfume I cannot help but think that I am crazy!
    And every time I buy more samples when I know that I have more coming I also think I am crazy...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    I got a whole bunch of Honey samples from TPC.
    Every time I spend on samples as much as I would spend on a bottle of perfume I cannot help but think that I am crazy!
    And every time I buy more samples when I know that I have more coming I also think I am crazy...
    Exactly how I feel when I order from TPC !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Today I bought (on Ebay) Estee super cologne (partial about 1/3 bottle)Aliage 1/2 bottle,and Woodhue 90% of a bottle.

May I just post here that ---MY MOM TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Today She bought for a grand total of $10 at the local thrift store
    1.Joy de bain( bigbottle -for herself)2/3 full
    2.Poeme 1/2 of a large bottle(which I encouraged her to keep/try as I had 2 partials already)
    3.SJP Lovely roller 4/5 full (these tend to sell for $10-$20 at Ulta)
    4.Angel Innocent 1/2 a full size bottle
    5.Absolu by Rochas edp 1/2 bottle
    6.Cool Water Woman by Davidoff 1/3 of1oz bottle (she has some already .I had a sample and liked it .It was on my mental" get eventually list")
    7.Ile de Tahiti Tatau edt .25oz 2/3 full by B&BW

Is it obvious who I get my shopping gene from?

Basenotes Plus

I'm in Paris on holiday and today was perfume shopping day. I must have been to every boutique in Paris and my feet ache. Today I bought:

Black Aoud 100ml + White Aoud 20ml
    Geranium Pour Monsieur 50ml
    Antiheros 50ml

I've also been given a mass of samples to try. La Maison Guerlain was beautiful but I was a bit dissapointed with the exclusives, my favourite stop of the day was Etat Libre d'Orange and I reccomend anyonecwho goes to Paris pays it a visit!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I love ordering samples! There's something so fun about holding 10 different perfumes in your hands at once. Not to mention, the stores around here don't have very many interesting offerings, so most of what I want to try isn't available. In order to celebrate a new job I made a huge order at The Perfumed Court. I got:

- Coco EDP
    - Ange ou Demon
    - Casmir
    - Obsession
    - Fidji
    - Asja
    - Le Dix
    - Kelly Caleche
    - Muschio Bello
    - Dans tes Bras
    - NR For Her
    - Yvresse
    - Quartz
    - Coromandel
    - Belle en Rykiel
    - Lou Lou
    - Trish McEvoy Sexy #9
    - J'Adore, Diorissimo, Diorella, Dune, Poison
    - Ebba Miss Marissa Tropical
    - TF Champaca Absolute
    - JM Nectarine Blossom and Honey
    - PD Debut
    - Bois D'Iris
    - Coeur en Mai
    - Mauboussin

I also ordered a sample pack from Michael Storer earlier this week.
    Last edited by Linds; 30th June 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Linds- welcome- a true sample lover ! Congrats and enjoy !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

At a thrift store: vintage Jolie Madame $2.50, Eau de Joy (5 ml left) $1. At a perfume store: Fendi EDP: $40

Blog Entries

Welcome, Linds! And thank you, and thanks Mimi for making me feel better about my huge order

Welcome Linds!
    Rednails great buys! If you like Fendi have you tried Cabotine by Gres ? To me it seems very similar to Fendi but without any spices.(comparing Fendi edt /Cabotine edt)

On Ebay vintage Evyan White Shoulders $8.65 counting shipping . $2.25 for the fragrance.
    At a followup thriftstore run (to Mom's $10 haul yesterday)I came home with:
    1.a pair of coldwater creek pants new with tags $1 tag said $64.50(I know it isn't fragrance but I had to gloat a bit :-) )
    2.faux freshwater pearl necklace$2?
    3. A somewhat cute denim purse$1 -I had to get SOMETHING to hold them all! (Shopping note on Thriftshops/yardsale/Bootsale/etc. NEVER put ANYTHING down if you are interested in it -otherwise someone else is VERY likely to nab it!)
    4.1.7 oz bottle of Lucky#6 near full
    5.small gold atomizer 2/3 full lipstick size which I think is Clarins something there was a travel powder brush and a compact that were clarins in the same goldtone as the atomizer
    6.Lady Stetson 1.7 oz cologne spray 85% full -well reviewed in Luca's book
    7.Ka'aty by Amazongreen -bottle is decoupaged in dry leaves feels pretty full
    8.Trish McEvoy's #9 Blackberry&Vanilla Musk edp 15ml bottle 6-7ml remain retails$50
    9.1.33 oz Bulgari Blu edp 1/2 full
    paid about$12 for everything
    Wow my 100th post!
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 1st July 2010 at 04:30 AM.

Thank you for your salutations, bookwyrmsmith, Warum, and Mimi Gardenia!

My family returned home from Canada tonight and Mom brought me back a bottle of Flowerbomb from the duty free shop, so while I didn't technically buy it, I acquired a new perfume today. Yay!