Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 195
  1. #1

    Default Today I Bought ... June 2010

    I had to take advantage of that great holiday decant sale at The Perfumed Court again ( three decants for the price of one of the same amount direct from Caron - how can I say no? ), and so I bought large decants of Poivre, Farnesiana, and Or et Noir, the latter being new to me. Now I'm thinking I should have gotten some Tabac Blond and more Acaciosa, too, as I'm going through my supply of the latter surprisingly quickly!

    I also bought a sample of JAR's Jardenia. Because curiosity about JAR is killing me, and I must try everything gardenia in existence!

  2. #2
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Whooppee Suga ! I also took advantage of the code and got a 8 piece Chanel Les Exclusif sample pack .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 1st June 2010 at 10:40 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  3. #3
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    got Chanel Les Exclusif sample pack .
    Which you had promissed to send along to me, remember?! Ehm, maybe not?!

    I just bought 100ml Bal à Versailles!

  4. #4
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by le grand duc View Post
    which you had promissed to send along to me, remember?! Ehm, maybe not?!

    i just bought 100ml bal à versailles!
    *spank *
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Whooppee Suga ! I also took advantage of the code and got a 8 piece Chanel Les Exclusif sample pack .
    I'll be looking forward to reading your thoughts on Beige, Gardenia, and Coromandel.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I'll be looking forward to reading your thoughts on Beige, Gardenia, and Coromandel.
    And I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Jardenia Suga ! I really can't wait to hear what you think of that one.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I had to take advantage of that great holiday decant sale at The Perfumed Court again ( three decants for the price of one of the same amount direct from Caron - how can I say no? ), and so I bought large decants of Poivre, Farnesiana, and Or et Noir, the latter being new to me. Now I'm thinking I should have gotten some Tabac Blond and more Acaciosa, too, as I'm going through my supply of the latter surprisingly quickly!

    I also bought a sample of JAR's Jardenia. Because curiosity about JAR is killing me, and I must try everything gardenia in existence!
    Jardenia probably has the most animalic drydown I have EVER smelt! It starts out similarly to Velvet Gardenia with more lush and indolic, but loses its "cheesy" note somewhere during the middle notes. It becomes extremely animalic during the drydown, and once it reaches the drydown you're left with the smell of...how can I put this...male genitalia...sorry. Excuse me for being crude, but the drydown smells exactly like underwear after its been in use after a long day of walking out in the sun. Sweat, human, salty...you get the drift!

  8. #8
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Jardenia probably has the most animalic drydown I have EVER smelt! It starts out similarly to Velvet Gardenia with more lush and indolic, but loses its "cheesy" note somewhere during the middle notes. It becomes extremely animalic during the drydown, and once it reaches the drydown you're left with the smell of...how can I put this...male genitalia...sorry. Excuse me for being crude, but the drydown smells exactly like underwear after its been in use after a long day of walking out in the sun. Sweat, human, salty...you get the drift!
    Thanks for the notes on Jardenia ,Scent. Oh dear- sounds like a sweat fest Gardenia.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Recently completed a swap/purchased Bois 1920 Agrumi di Sicilia and decants of Ronaldo Esper Millesime, Creed SMW and MI and also Cereus no.14.

  10. #10
    N_Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Center of the Universe; California.
    Posts
    4,599
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Egoiste and Vent Vert (1990).

  11. #11
    Basenotes Plus
    Candy Perfume Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    I had a bit of an Avon splurge today. I bought a 50ml bottle of Fergie Outspoken (one of those naff but nice scents) and Far Away Dreams. Both of those plus the Outspoken body lotion and deo for £20, you can't complain!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

    Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

  12. #12
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    I bought Fresh Hesperides EDP which I love.That's THE END for spending on perfume for now .......
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 3rd June 2010 at 04:46 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    I had a bit of an Avon splurge today. I bought a 50ml bottle of Fergie Outspoken (one of those naff but nice scents) and Far Away Dreams. Both of those plus the Outspoken body lotion and deo for £20, you can't complain!
    What's your take on Outspoken?! I've read on TSS that it's a tuberose-leather (two of my fav notes), so I'm curious on what you think !

  14. #14
    Basenotes Plus
    Candy Perfume Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    What's your take on Outspoken?! I've read on TSS that it's a tuberose-leather (two of my fav notes), so I'm curious on what you think !
    It starts out as nothing special, boring fruity top notes. But after a while it comes across as a sort of "Diet Poison". Not as loud and femme fatale as Poison but almost a cleaner version for the masses of today. It's very competently put together.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

    Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    It starts out as nothing special, boring fruity top notes. But after a while it comes across as a sort of "Diet Poison". Not as loud and femme fatale as Poison but almost a cleaner version for the masses of today. It's very competently put together.
    Thank you! It sounds like something I might like given I find Poison a bit too loud and cloying. PS: I heard that Kim Kardashian's fragrance veers into the Fracas territory!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    I bought samples of Caron Oud and Secret Oud and a bottle of Alma de Alma by Madini.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I bought Fresh Hesperides EDP which I love.That's THE END for spending on perfume for now .......
    Hmm... where have I heard THAT before? Hmm... (giggles)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

  18. #18
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Hmm... where have I heard THAT before? Hmm... (giggles)
    Oh be quiet, woman ..... ! ROTFL
    I know I know - I am trying to convince myself ....not convincing ,huh ?! *LOL* *LOL*
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 3rd June 2010 at 10:45 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  19. #19
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Went out to buy some clothes, and came home with

    100ml Miss Dior Chérie, EdP
    50ml Coco, EdP

    too ... I can't control myself! Oh, well!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    For some reason, I'm not sure why anymore, I just had to have a chypre called Sissi....thank heavens this is a cheap blind buy, but I do love mossies

  21. #21

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    I had a bit of an Avon splurge today. I bought a 50ml bottle of Fergie Outspoken (one of those naff but nice scents) and Far Away Dreams. Both of those plus the Outspoken body lotion and deo for £20, you can't complain!
    Hooray for Avon splurges! I bought a couple vintage Avons at the beginning of the year and I'm really enjoying them.

    Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    ....I heard that Kim Kardashian's fragrance veers into the Fracas territory!
    How intriguing! The notes as I read them on NST sounded nice, the bottle looks nice, and I couldn't begin to tell you why, but I don't mind Kim Kardashian too much.

    Anyway, I bought online and received Kelly Caleche edt! I just rescued it from the mailbox.

  22. #22
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Etat Libre d'Orange - Tom of Finland - in a trade with a fellow BNer

    Top notes: Aldehydes, Lemon
    Middle notes: Birch, Pine, Cypress, Pepper, Galbanum, Geranium, Safraleine
    Base notes: Suede, Styrax, Vetiver, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Iris, Ambergris, Musk

    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  23. #23

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    I bid low on a used bottle of Gucci Accenti last night as a lark -- and won it! For $13, I'll have about 1/3 ounce of my discontinued true love, and can stop hoarding my sample vials.

  24. #24
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    I bid low on a used bottle of Gucci Accenti last night as a lark -- and won it! For $13, I'll have about 1/3 ounce of my discontinued true love, and can stop hoarding my sample vials.
    Now there's an Ebay Success story I love !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Jardenia probably has the most animalic drydown I have EVER smelt! It starts out similarly to Velvet Gardenia with more lush and indolic, but loses its "cheesy" note somewhere during the middle notes. It becomes extremely animalic during the drydown, and once it reaches the drydown you're left with the smell of...how can I put this...male genitalia...sorry. Excuse me for being crude, but the drydown smells exactly like underwear after its been in use after a long day of walking out in the sun. Sweat, human, salty...you get the drift!
    I have to say... That sounds pretty awful on all levels.

    I'm going to be a little afraid of that vial when it arrives!
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 4th June 2010 at 04:21 PM.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    I may be sharing too much here, but that drydown doesn't sound awful to me at all -- although it also doesn't smell like something I want to wear on myself.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    I blind-bought a bottle of Boucheron Trouble from a discounter.

    Not as much sillage or longevity as Poison, as I had hoped--what with all the imagery of snakes and venom. This is a pleasant citrus with a vanilla/amber drydown. I would call this a "summer oriental." There appears to be two bottle caps on this design: one with a gold swirling ribbon embelished with a green rhinestone gem, the other with the snake head and body, echoing the jewellery design of the snake made by the House of Boucheron. Can someone add to this observation?

    The marketing of the scent confuses me. The word "trouble" in English does not seem to have the "sexy/forbidden" connotations as, say, the word "dangerous," as in "liaison dangereuse." When I think of "trouble," I think of a meddlesome child in the schoolyard, not a sexy seductress capricious enought to seduce another woman's husband.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  28. #28
    Basenotes Plus
    knit at nite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA, Central Coast
    Posts
    4,813

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Atta girl, Thalia! Nice score on the Accenti

    Blind- bought a 50 ml bottle of FERRE EDP from Ebay for the princely sum of 16.44 USD including shipping and it arrived yesterday. Based on comments about it here, though it would suit me & I'm not disappointed. Very wearable! Like it!
    This score slighty assuaged the sting of losing another auction lot which contained the legendary Sabi (which i have yet to sniff) by a measly buck. Whine, whine, whine
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

  29. #29
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Serge Lutens Fleurs de Citronnier - in a trade with a fellow BNer

    Notes include lemon blossom, neroli, tuberose and musk.

    Last edited by petruccijc; 4th June 2010 at 07:09 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  30. #30
    N_Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Center of the Universe; California.
    Posts
    4,599
    Blog Entries
    2

    Smile Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Donna Karan Gold EDP.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    How intriguing! The notes as I read them on NST sounded nice, the bottle looks nice, and I couldn't begin to tell you why, but I don't mind Kim Kardashian too much.

    Anyway, I bought online and received Kelly Caleche edt! I just rescued it from the mailbox.
    I don't mind me a little Kim Kardashian myself She seems like a nice person in real life and I do like that bottle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I have to say... That sounds pretty awful on all levels.

    I'm going to be a little afraid of that vial when it arrives!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    I may be sharing too much here, but that drydown doesn't sound awful to me at all -- although it also doesn't smell like something I want to wear on myself.
    Although the drydown smells exactly like that to me, I didn't find it offputting much. It's a very intimate smell though. Mind you, I'm talking about the extreme drydown, about six hours in, when all the florals have dissipated.

  32. #32
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Today I received a bottle of Yves Rocher Gardenia from Sophi who is the kindest and sweetest ever. Thank you very much ,Sophi.*HUGS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Went out to buy some clothes, and came home with

    100ml Miss Dior Chérie, EdP
    50ml Coco, EdP

    too ... I can't control myself! Oh, well!
    We seem to be sharing the same boat, Duckie, Miz Mimi, and Myself.

    (I think though it will be a self-limiting thing, if it comes down to the difference between paying the mortgage or having a new scent) ... thinks...

    ...

    ... hmm. I wonder if I can live in my car, and if a well-insulated cooler will keep my frags safe!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

  34. #34
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    We seem to be sharing the same boat, Duckie, Miz Mimi, and Myself.

    (I think though it will be a self-limiting thing, if it comes down to the difference between paying the mortgage or having a new scent) ... thinks...

    ...

    ... hmm. I wonder if I can live in my car, and if a well-insulated cooler will keep my frags safe!
    Actiasluna- yup - we are all in good company here. *LOL*

    Clothes buying has stopped - now do I really need skin cream and eye make up remover ??????
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Actiasluna- yup - we are all in good company here. *LOL*

    Clothes buying has stopped - now do I really need skin cream and eye make up remover ??????
    That you even have to ask is amazing. You're not quite THERE yet!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

  36. #36

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Today I received a bottle of Yves Rocher Gardenia from Sophi who is the kindest and sweetest ever. Thank you very much ,Sophi.*HUGS*
    Congratulations! And yes, that is very kind, especially given how hard it is to find.

  37. #37
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    that you even have to ask is amazing. You're not quite there yet!
    rofl *lol*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  38. #38

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    That you even have to ask is amazing. You're not quite THERE yet!
    I know this feeling... I'm a music addict, and I haven't bought a single CD this year. How DID that happen?

  39. #39
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I know this feeling... I'm a music addict, and I haven't bought a single CD this year. How DID that happen?
    I know , it seems perfume buying is my top priority . I couldn't care less about buying skin cream and lipsticks which used to fill me with pleasure previously.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  40. #40
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Serge Lutens Vetiver Oriental

    Notes include sap, iris pallida, undergrowth notes, vetiver, gaiac wood, chocolate, musk, amber, mosses, sandalwood and labdanum.

    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  41. #41

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    This is my first purchase for the month of June:

    [IMG][/IMG]

    I bought it unsniffed and actually, I'd never even heard of it until a couple of days ago on this board. I mentioned that I wish there was a fragrance with my name and someone told me that there already is. so.... I HAD to purchase .... TRACY

    I hope I like it, but if not, no worries 'cuz this is only about the name. LOL

    I spell my name as TRACEY, but I guess that's close enough.
    Last edited by oolala30; 5th June 2010 at 05:35 PM.

  42. #42
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default


    I Did It Again


    I hit a fleamarket today, and strock [cheap ass] gold;

    200ml (?) Madame Rochas, vintage EdC, approx 170ml left
    100ml Eau Sauvage de Dior, Lotion Aprés-Rasage, approx 25ml left
    100ml Magno del La Toja, vintage Eau de Toilette Splash, full (can anybody tell me about this one?)
    75ml Aqua Allegoria Gentiana de Guerlain, Eau de Toilette, approx 15ml left
    60ml Miss Dior, vintage Eau de Cologne Fraiche, approx 50ml left
    30ml Caléche de Hermès, pure vintage parfum, approx 25ml left., unfortunatly, this one is a tester
    30ml Cucumber from The Library of Fragrance, full
    30ml Eau du Soir de Sisley, Eau de Parfum, full ... WOW!!! (got it for $5)

    All this I got for 270 Danish kroner, or $43 ... HELL YEAH!

    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 5th June 2010 at 12:08 PM.

  43. #43
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    This month I picked up a few bottles of Balenciaga Pour Homme and Giorgio V.I.P.

    I'm currently working a deal for Aigner Free Life and Davidoff Classic

  44. #44

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Wow Duckie, what a haul! I'm THIS COLOR with envy (and tomato leaf sap)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

  45. #45

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post

    I Did It Again


    I hit a fleamarket today, and strock [cheap ass] gold;

    200ml (?) Madame Rochas, vintage EdC, approx 170ml left
    100ml Eau Sauvage de Dior, Lotion Aprés-Rasage, approx 25ml left
    100ml Magno del La Toja, vintage Eau de Toilette Splash, full (can anybody tell me about this one?)
    75ml Aqua Allegoria Gentiana de Guerlain, Eau de Toilette, approx 15ml left
    60ml Miss Dior, vintage Eau de Cologne Fraiche, approx 50ml left
    30ml Caléche de Hermès, pure vintage parfum, approx 25ml left., unfortunatly, this one is a tester
    30ml Cucumber from The Library of Fragrance, full
    30ml Eau du Soir de Sisley, Eau de Parfum, full ... WOW!!! (got it for $5)

    All this I got for 270 Danish kroner, or $43 ... HELL YEAH!

    WOW!!! You did well. I've never found any goodies at a flea market. Good for you!!!

  46. #46
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    I'm THIS COLOR with envy
    You truely are a Green Garden Goddess!

    Quote Originally Posted by oolala30 View Post
    WOW!!! You did well. I've never found any goodies at a flea market. Good for you!!!
    Never?! I seem to find vintage goodies where ever I go this summer!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 5th June 2010 at 07:16 PM.

  47. #47

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    You truely are a Green Garden Goddess!



    Never?! I seem to find vintage goodies where ever I go this summer!
    Do NOT be surprised if you are accosted by several folks that smell strangely attractive during one of your future forays! It will be those who have followed you on your treasure hunts.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

  48. #48
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post

    I Did It Again


    I hit a fleamarket today, and strock [cheap ass] gold;

    200ml (?) Madame Rochas, vintage EdC, approx 170ml left
    100ml Eau Sauvage de Dior, Lotion Aprés-Rasage, approx 25ml left
    100ml Magno del La Toja, vintage Eau de Toilette Splash, full (can anybody tell me about this one?)
    75ml Aqua Allegoria Gentiana de Guerlain, Eau de Toilette, approx 15ml left
    60ml Miss Dior, vintage Eau de Cologne Fraiche, approx 50ml left
    30ml Caléche de Hermès, pure vintage parfum, approx 25ml left., unfortunatly, this one is a tester
    30ml Cucumber from The Library of Fragrance, full
    30ml Eau du Soir de Sisley, Eau de Parfum, full ... WOW!!! (got it for $5)

    All this I got for 270 Danish kroner, or $43 ... HELL YEAH!

    Your 'Hag' wants to go shopping with you Duckie !!! Congrats on great deals !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  49. #49
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    You are most welcome, madame Mimi, always!
    But, I get first choise when we find anything,
    my country, my rules ...

  50. #50
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    You are most welcome, madame Mimi, always!
    But, I get first choise when we find anything,
    my country, my rules ...
    Well, I can foresee 'Duckie and Mimi Hag Wars' occurring in public places ! *LOL* *LOL*
    " It's mine!"
    NOOOOO, it's mine, take your hands offa it ! "
    "I'll never speak to you again unless you hand over the Miss Dior ! "


    Yesterday I ordered a large sample of Sous Le Vent.
    Now I am greatly interested in Sous Le Vent and Vega by Guerlain. Time will tell just how this path will turn out........

    I also ordered a new Tempur- pedic Rhapsody bed ( really really need it unfortunately ) - it's very telling about my fragrance addiction that I measure the cost of a new bed by the number of wonderful Guerlain perfumes I can buy instead.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  51. #51

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Oh, Mimi, do review the bed, as I am looking into something similar OK, now back to the regularly scheduled programming.

  52. #52
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    7,146

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Well, I can foresee 'Duckie and Mimi Hag Wars' occurring in public places ! *LOL* *LOL*
    " It's mine!"
    NOOOOO, it's mine, take your hands offa it ! "
    "I'll never speak to you again unless you hand over the Miss Dior ! "
    To re-post the picture of my scent of the evening ... Back off, b***h!


  53. #53
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    To re-post the picture of my scent of the evening ... Back off, b***h!

    Naughty Duckie ! Yeah ,it would be a public display and both of us would be hauled to jail !

    Cello- will do. I wait with trepidation- I would have much preferred 30 bottles of exclusive Guerlain perfume instead of a boring bed but my husband is not happy about sleeping on the floor ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  54. #54

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    A few days ago I went to Saks for the Bond No. 9 promotion and bought:
    High Line 50ml
    Chelsea Flowers 50ml
    And received a free 100ml Eau de New York tester and a load of samples!

    So happy with this purchase! Absolutely love High Line and Eau de NY. I have a strong like for Chelsea Flowers - was going back and forth between this, Union Square, Astor Place, Brooklyn and Park Ave, but I feel I made the right choice. CF was the best on my skin, and I can see myself wearing this often. From trying out the samples, I think a possible future purchase may be New York Fling.

  55. #55

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Today's been busy for me. Decants of Creed Windsor, Creed Orange Spice, Creed Acier Alluminium, Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo, Lorenzo Villoresi Acqua Colonia and a 100ml EDP Miller Harris Tangerine Vert, that I will have to hide from my other half, before she gets her hands on it.

  56. #56

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe 100 ml.

    Also got a backup bottle of Dzongkha 50 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

  57. #57

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Yesterday, i went to Neimans because I wanted to exchnge my Tom Ford Azure Lime for another TF. I ended up keeping Azure Lime and purchased a FB of Bois Rouge. I also got a decant of Champaca Absolute because they were running a promotion whereby a decant is given with every FB purchase. SA said the decant was 3ml, but there is no way it is that small. Its got to be at least 6ml....the bottle is a very decent size. Anyway, the TF rep was so sweet and helpful. I ended up sniffing the entire TF line and she made generous samples for me of all the ones that I fell in love with. She also told me that two of the ones I really liked are discontinued. Once the stock is depleted, there will be no more. So because of that, she is holding bottles of Purple Patch and Moss Breches for me that I will go back for next week. After I left the TF counter, I stopped by Jo Malone and picked up White Tie and Tiaras.

    After I left NM, I went to Barneys. Why did I do that? There were so many to die for fragrances at Barneys but I was stronger there than I was at NM's and I only picked up Yosh Omniscent. But the SA gave me all the samples I wanted and I left with samples of Frederic Malle Noir Epices and Bois d'Orage; Yosh Ginger Ciao Parfum Delrae Bois De paradis; L'Artisan Nuit de Tubereuse; Intelligent Nutrients Jasmine; SL L'eau and a few others.

    all in all it was an expensive day, but it was a good day. I'm quite pleased!!!

  58. #58
    Basenotes Plus
    knit at nite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA, Central Coast
    Posts
    4,813

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    M. Le Duc, You are one fine bargain shopper! 43 bucks and NO SHIPPING COSTS either. Many congratulations on your continuing good luck.

    I blind bought a bottle of Replique on Evil Bay today, the shipping is more than what I paid for the fume- see what I mean? Ah me, someone has to keep the Post Office in Business, it might as well be me
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

  59. #59
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    M. Le Duc, You are one fine bargain shopper! 43 bucks and NO SHIPPING COSTS either. Many congratulations on your continuing good luck.

    I blind bought a bottle of Replique on Evil Bay today, the shipping is more than what I paid for the fume- see what I mean? Ah me, someone has to keep the Post Office in Business, it might as well be me
    Please do review Replique ,knit-at_nite !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  60. #60
    Basenotes Plus
    knit at nite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA, Central Coast
    Posts
    4,813

    Default Re: Today I Bought ... June 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Please do review Replique ,knit-at_nite !
    as soon as it is in my eagerly awaiting hands, you got it!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Similar Threads

  1. Today I bought.........May 2010
    By petruccijc in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 4th June 2010, 05:50 AM
  2. TODAY I BOUGHT: May 2010
    By chocolateguy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 1st June 2010, 02:42 AM
  3. TODAY I BOUGHT>>>June 2009
    By Scentologist in forum Home Fragrance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th July 2009, 07:12 PM
  4. TODAY I BOUGHT >>> June 2009
    By Futami in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 29th June 2009, 03:46 AM
  5. Today I bought ... (for June 2007)
    By Quarry in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 20th June 2007, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000