Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default The longevity god

which fragrance has a nearly-disgusting amount of longevity? everything ive own/tried lasts 12 hours tops (Givenchy's Pi stayed on over night, first one to do that for me). A*Men is bogus to me (all the youtube reviewers lied!), lasts 8 hours on a good day, Le Male is spotty at best for me (4-10 hours), JOOP! Homme made me nauseous instantly so i never got around to testing longevity (in fact im scared of trying it again!). SIDENOTE: EDCs last bizarrely long on me. Hollister SoCal and Chanel Allure Homme Sport both last atleast 10 hours on me.

Ive heard Bijan is a beast, Quorum...im not even looking for a good fragrance, im just wondering if there is a fragrance that can last EXTREMELY long

Default Re: The longevity god

A*men. I tried to wash it off two times and couldn't. It's like the ink packs they put in money bags--you can't was the stuff off. And I wanted to, believe me. Yuck!

bois du portugal and noir epices, they last about 24hs.
    Last edited by tuisquash; 2nd June 2010 at 02:04 AM.

I've had M7 last >24 hrs, albeit veeeery faintly by the next day, but definitely still there.

There are many.....I will say Polo.....Wow.....this stuff really lasts.....Gary

A*MEN sometimes lasts 8 hours, sometimes 20, depends mostly on the temperature of your body and the weather.

I got a 20 hours + from A Taste of Heaven by Kilian , 14+ Bleecker Street by Bond no.9 , 12+ Creed Royal Delight
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Looking for cheapies that have 16 - 24 hour longevity? Try these:

PS by Paul Sebastian
    Arpege Pour Homme (not a powerhouse, but lasts at least 18 hours on me)
    Giorgio For Men
    Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme

Looking for expensive niche? Mazzolari Lui is vicious patchouli and animal juice that lasts 24 hours on my skin.

Black Aoud is legendary and deserves to be.

There are a few. For me, and i have scent sucking skin, the most tenacious I've ever run into in my life is Malle's Noir Epices. Lasted till the morning after AND through the shower. It was feint, but still there.

I wish I liked it more. It's a nice scent, but on me it wears like a pungent, spicy soap.

NeuroticC: You post a fair amount about longevity. I share your pain, but some scents you really like you may just have to reapply. Looking at your wardrobe, you like a lot of the modern scents and my issue with many of those is they have no legs.

Some of the powerhouse frags like Shamu referenced above may suit you. Look into some of the power frags- most are very affordable and they're usually pretty potent. There is a reason they're called powerhouses.

Sample Noir Epices. See if it works for you. It's neither mature, nor youthful. Read the reviews. It's billed as unisex, but it leans way more masculine IMO. My gut tells me if this lasts this long on me, it may last for days on others. I also get a slight sense from your posts that you want something that projects pretty strong and loud long after applied. This does that too.

Maybe it just works perfectly with my skin chemistry or some such, but it's nuclear on me. Def the strongest shyt in my wardrobe and it's up against some potent juice.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 2nd June 2010 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    A*men. I tried to wash it off two times and couldn't. It's like the ink packs they put in money bags--you can't was the stuff off. And I wanted to, believe me. Yuck!
    same it lasts 24 hours on me and longer sometimes

Sur la Plage

Annick Goutal Sables
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Polo, green bottle. I have a "vintage" bottle that lasted me last weekend from a shower in the morning, through to the next day while camping. My tent smelled like it for the weekend because it stayed on me and my first shirt.

Vintage Dioressence lasts for days.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    There are a few. For me, and i have scent sucking skin, the most tenacious I've ever run into in my life is Malle's Noir Epices. Lasted till the morning after AND through the shower. It was feint, but still there.
    I have scent-sucking skin too, but even I don't get that kind of action from Noir Epices (which is a MAJOR LOVE of mine). But yeah, it lasts through the day. If something lasts 8 hours on me, I'm happy. I'm sick of 2-3 hour wimp-outs!

Polo, as suggested, is probably a good one. I'd also vote for Aramis Tuscany. I still have probably 50ml left of a 15-year-old bottle and it will last me the rest of my life considering I wear it once a year at most.

YSL Kouros? And I'd probably pick Red Aoud over Black Aoud, though both are strong -- Red knocks me the hell out, and if you get a little on clothing, it's all over. Again, my 20ml canister will last two lifetimes.

Annick Goutal Vétiver
    Encre Noire
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Dependent

+1 Black Aoud & Red Aoud. Definitely live up to all the longevity claims. In fact, a nice handful of Montales last a very good while on my skin.
    Last edited by MFJ; 2nd June 2010 at 05:29 AM.

PS by Paul Sebastian keeps on giving until you physically remove it (i.e., shower or bathe it off). Salvador Dali pour Homme is also an 18 hour-plus monster.

Joop! Homme, Bogart pour homme and PS London all last forever
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Why do people care so much about longevity. It's the least important aspect of a cologne for me.

The longevity god? Well then, consider me atheist.

If you want something that really lasts FOREVER, try Les Nez's L'Antimatiere. Other heavy hitters are Fleur Du Male, Jubilation XXV, and M7.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 2nd June 2010 at 06:29 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Opium PH EDP
    Dior Homme Intense
    Last edited by easyfish; 2nd June 2010 at 08:29 AM.

On me, Drakkar Noir and Knize Ten last well even during a part of the second day after the application

+1Bogart Pour Homme

Only from Ultraviolet I get 16+. I can smell it the second day. And from the rest Angel for Men 6 hours and a moderate sillage.
    Therefore the ones that have longevity on my skin are Ultraviolet 16+ and A*Men with a maximum of 6 hrs.

I guess it depends on the type of skin, of course, and yet I think the monster longevity awards to me go to:
    - APOM Pour Homme Francis Kurkdjian: 24 hours plus, and if you drop a little on your jacket, you will find it there after two days. Not a negative comment at all: I think its neroli note is pure beauty;
    - Obsession for Men Calvin Klein: neverending amber
    - Tom Ford for Men (the first one): neverending patchuli

Le Mâle / A*men...

Aou Lime with extra juice by Montale. Radio active stuff.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I'll also agree with the others that Polo is incredibly long lasting. I've gotten easily 24 hours out of one application of Polo.

Offrez-Lui by Galimard - exceptional longevity.

I also immediately thought of Black Aoud.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

As far as ones not mentioned; every time I wear Blue Sugar, I get about 10 hours. It's one of the sweetest gourmand openings I've ever experienced. I also get 8-12 hours with Zirh Ikon, but it is temperamental, some days I only get 4-6.

Also (though I have trouble wearing this) Giorgio Beverly Hills. Longevity can be up to 12 hours easily, not to mention it's one of the biggest projection/sillage monsters ever made,
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 2nd June 2010 at 12:39 PM.

Byredo Pulp - Not only does this last, it's a contaminant. It literally infects EVERYTHING. If I bring out the sample and merely place it on my table without opening it, my whole room is filled.. incredible!!

Black Orchid Tom Ford - Sprayed my neck and it lasted over 24 hours there.. but more impressively was my seatbelt, on which it lasted over a month.

Annick Goutal's Sables - Lasts too long, washing machine struggles to get this stuff off

Opium EDP - Thick, in your face, strong, sweet, just damn persistent. Won't go away.

M7 - Clings on and on. So while it gets very faint, it will just stay. Stubborn.

Fleur Du Male - Formula must contain claws. Really hangs on!

Gaultier 2 - Thick, sweet but most of all STICKY. Stays stays stays.

Antaeus - Nauseatingly persistent. I wash it off at times. That strong thick slightly sweet leather can get too much.

Paul Smith London - Strange hazy smoky effect in its sillage so it appears weak/moderate but it's actually VERY POTENT. I mean POTENT. This stuff is so concentrated. It outlasts a lot of EDP's. It pushes 24 hours on my skin without breaking a sweat and stays on clothes for weeks on end. One of the only scents I got tired of and made me feel slightly nauseated.

Vetiver Guerlain - Lasts very long on me. On a good day I can gett 18-24 hours.. on a regular day.. 10-12 will do just fine.

There's a lot more, but I'll stop here.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Harley Davidson - Harley Davidson

DeepSilence

I know none of you didn't try this: Alixan By Sharmel 30-36 hours on my hand. on box writen "Made in France". I doubt. I searched very much, but i didn't find any house with Sharmel name.
    Serge Lutens Sultan (Fragrance oil): About 30 hours
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 2nd June 2010 at 03:08 PM.

I had been to an Essenza di wills outlet recently and I tried a new cologne they had for display. It was known as "Mikkel".

The stuff hung around FOREVER. Was 24+ hours on my skin, and I may actually buy it, but other things on the "to buy" list keep bumping up.

PawelL

Bijan Men
    Last edited by PawelL; 2nd June 2010 at 03:31 PM.

Its so strange to me when I read that people find Paul Smith London long lasting and, of all things, potent. I had a totally different experience and many of the reviews I've read on this website and others declare it a subtle scent. I guess it just goes to show that different fragrances react differently on different people...oh well.

Longevity God Contenders:

Burberry Touch
    Opium PH
    Animale Animale
    Nightflight
    F by Ferragamo
    Kouros

Onda -- about three days and four showers later...then, it's gone

Amouage Epic. Could smell it easily on my hand 24 hours after trying to scrub it off!

I know none of you didn't try this: Alixan By Sharmel 30-36 hours on my hand. on box writen "Made in France". I doubt. I searched very much, but i didn't find any house with Sharmel name.
    Maybe they wanted say Chanel ?

The Lutens have specific longevity, depending the skin. But some of them (on me) disappear the night and the morning i can sniff them again ! Like if my skin absorbing the fragrance re-release it after.
    Last edited by Mon-Petit; 2nd June 2010 at 09:37 PM.

Genuine oud. Maybe that doesn't count.

I nearly vomited the first time I smelled it. The dry down took 2 or 4 hours before it became awesome. It lasted forever.

Knize Ten Gold Edition

Arabian Oud's Prince Diamini - it will stay on your clothes for weeks. After a wash. But it smells awesome so I ain't complaining

Thierry Mugler A*men and YSL M7

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    Why do people care so much about longevity. It's the least important aspect of a cologne for me.
    Really? I don't see myself applying and reapplying a cologne once every 2 hours. Longevity is important if it's under 5 hours.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Xeryus Rouge and L'Occitane -Eau de Baux, both last over 16 hours on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Xeryus Rouge and L'Occitane -Eau de Baux, both last over 16 hours on me.
    +1 on xeryus rouge - it lasts heavily on my skin for 24 hours without problem.

I have to add Azzaro PH, Azzaro Chrome, Azzaro Onyx/Silver Black, Hugo Boss Dark Blue, YSL M7, YSL La nuit del homme, Givenchy Pi, Cerruti PH, Cerruti 1881 Black, CK Obsession for men, Moschino Uomo.
    Last edited by Zgb; 5th June 2010 at 04:48 PM.

Yatagan lasts 25+ on me and when I shower the next day it fills the bathroom with a steamy Yatagan cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    Really? I don't see myself applying and reapplying a cologne once every 2 hours. Longevity is important if it's under 5 hours.
    you're right!

On me:
    La Myrrhe (easily the champ; 24 hrs)
    Sables (12+ hours)
    Opium ph edp (12+ hours)
    A-men pure malt (12+ hours)
    CdG Sequoia (12+ hours)

Kouros lasts to the next day ( I had a shirt go through the wash and then the drier and still smell of it). B*Men lasts all day. Quorum also lasts 12 or more hours (my skin is really tough on fragrances).

Joint by Roccobarocco,
    Missoni Uomo,
    Relax by Davidoff,
    Land Lacoste,
    Jazz Prestige,
    Cristobal Pour Homme,
    Bogart Pour Homme.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Bogart Pour Homme
    Grey Flannel
    Giorgio For Men
    Arpege Pour Homme
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail St.Barts for Men
    Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme

All the following perfumes are longevity champions.

Nassomatto DURO
    Tom Ford TUSCAN LEATHER
    Tom Ford TOBACCO VANILLE
    Tom Ford BLACK ORCHID EDP
    Montale BLACK AOUD
    Montale AOUD LIME
    Jacques Bogart FURYO
    Trumper SANDALWOOD COLOGNE
    Lancetti VIA CONDOTTI POUR HOMME
    Chanel EGOISTE COLOGNE CONCENTREE

fountain

polo, vc&a, kouros: 18 hours +

le male is the longevity god for me. put it on in the morning, lasts the whole day and night, wake up the next morning, i can still smell it for a good part of the next day

Terre De Hermes Pure Perfume

Probably not the longest lasting, but the longest lasting one I own is Tobacco Vanille

Apparently I'm one of the skin types that kill fragrance fast, so it's always a huge suprise to me when I find I can detect a scent on myself the next day let alone having to jam my nose into my skin to smell anything after 5 or 6 hours.

That being said, not so shocking is Le Male. If I spray this on my chest today and go for a walk tomorrow morning it fires back up.

The suprising one for me is Gucci PH II. The day after applying I can get out of bed and move my arm past my face, not even close, just the act of putting on a shirt, and I catch it still. At that point it's old and faded but I dont have to look for it, it's still there.

Wish I had that problem with all my scents.
    .Dave J