Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The longevity god

Magie Noire; lasts overnight on me, got some on a silk robe about 2 weeks ago & it's still there.. *sniff*.. mmmmm

Fracas, Carnal Flower & Beyond Love are also hot contenders. l too wish all of my frags could do this!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by xdsjx View Post
    Apparently I'm one of the skin types that kill fragrance fast, so it's always a huge suprise to me when I find I can detect a scent on myself the next day let alone having to jam my nose into my skin to smell anything after 5 or 6 hours.

That being said, not so shocking is Le Male. If I spray this on my chest today and go for a walk tomorrow morning it fires back up.

The suprising one for me is Gucci PH II. The day after applying I can get out of bed and move my arm past my face, not even close, just the act of putting on a shirt, and I catch it still. At that point it's old and faded but I dont have to look for it, it's still there.

Wish I had that problem with all my scents.
    Gucci Pour Homme II? Wow, just wow...the shortest lasting fragrance of all time? That's a 10 minutes fragrance for me. I just can't believe it, where did you get your bottle from?

For me it has to be Tauer's L'air du desert Maroccain, L' Artisan's Patchouli Patch and Armani Code.

I agree with many of the ones mentioned in the thread, but MPG - Magnolia Pourpre is tenacious beyond reason.
    Many of the mentioned stubborn frags above undergo diminishing of the projection power, but This monster retains its prowess to an alarming degree. You might wanna scrub it with a knife. I love it, nonetheless.

Le Male
    Polo
    Terre d Hermes
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather goes on for days and days even after my annual bath it lasts on the skin

Quote Originally Posted by pour_monsieur View Post
    ... Even after my annual bath it lasts on the skin
    roflmao... :d

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Gucci Pour Homme II? Wow, just wow...the shortest lasting fragrance of all time? That's a 10 minutes fragrance for me. I just can't believe it, where did you get your bottle from?

I bought it through fragrencenet.com
    Yeah it blows me away. Especially since I usually need to have my nose against my skin to smell 90% of my fragrances after 2 hours. I hate that I dont get this with all my fragrances.
    .Dave J

kouros too

Someone has mentioned this already, a lot of times the whole blended basenotes do not last, just one note. Everything else has burnt off, one has the tenacity of a Bull Terrier. So what you can smell the next day is probably not as pleasant and enjoyable!

Gucci PH - the cedar from this is still going the following morning.

Antaeus - that Leather note is easily 20 hours +

Tiffany for Men & Boucheron pour Homme - the Oakmoss in the base of these 2 must be irradiated, it has a half-life approaching 30 hours.

The only fragrance I have tried where the drydown smell is still unaltered next morning is Pi.

Dior Intense 12-15 hrs
    Original Santal 12+ hrs
    Amen 24 hours
    Bvlgari Soir 12 hours

If you mean total longevity, time when you can smell atleast base notes close to skin then all my fragrances are doing well. I get 6+ hours out of everything I have. Usually much more. On average it would be:

Tier A)
    16+ hours
    A*Men
    Dior Homme Intense

Tier B)
    12+ hours
    Encre Noire
    Le Male
    Body Kouros
    Pi
    Opium

Tier C)
    8+ hours
    Pure Malt
    ADG
    Gucci II
    Dior Homme
    Black Code
    CK One
    Rochas
    Aqva

Tier D)
    5+ hours
    Nightflight
    Black Suede Touch
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Hermes Bel Ami and Terre d'Hermes pure parfum. Also YSL Pour Homme concentree.

Hi, Neurosis!
    If you investigate for some relatively unknown longevity god just try this one-Guerlain Homme Intense Eau de Parfum.
    Moreover,the projection is outstanding.

While I have the likes of Opium pour homme, Perry Ellis White, Pi, M7 and Lagerfeld Classic to name a few, it's Egoiste that tops them all. I wear it for Friday night out, still there the next morning I wake up, survives the shower, and wifey smells it on me till late pm. Talk about longevity! (That's Egoiste, on me.)

Joop! Homme lasts a couple of weeks on me, even when I shower and apply other fragrances. It is impossible to get rid of.

P.S. It's pretty nasty.
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Off top:

Christian Dior Fahrenheit 32
    Prada Infusion D'Homme
    Ermenegildo Zegna Zegna Forte

I can smell them on me the next day.

Bond no. 9 - Broadway Nite. It was a nightmare. I did not care about it much to begin with and then it resisted all attempts for washing it off. I was still getting whiffs of it from my wrist after two weeks - no kidding!!! (And I do shower and change my clothes every day - just to eliminate a hypothesis ).

I don't dare to test any more Bond no. 9 scents.

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    Bond no. 9 - Broadway Nite. It was a nightmare. I did not care about it much to begin with and then it resisted all attempts for washing it off. I was still getting whiffs of it from my wrist after two weeks - no kidding!!! (And I do shower and change my clothes every day - just to eliminate a hypothesis ).

I don't dare to test any more Bond no. 9 scents.
    Two weeks? I'm pretty sure you were getting paranoid. And don't worry about Bond no. 9s, they don't last that long. But I'm sure it's a brand you can live without

Le Male and One Million for me. I sprayed a little bit on my hand before I went to sleep to test out the longevity. I woke up about 8 hours later. Yup...still there, even though I only used a little bit!

TOBACCO VANILLE the reason why i capslocked it's because its a very loud and long lasting fragrance, im talkin about shower and still smells, and breaks past 15hours on my skin

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumEgotistical View Post
    TOBACCO VANILLE the reason why i capslocked it's because its a very loud and long lasting fragrance, im talkin about shower and still smells, and breaks past 15hours on my skin
    Same here. I got whiffs of this 48 hours later (no joke).

Also pluses to Paul Smith London (got a bit of that under my fingernails while decanting and could catch it 3 days later) though on skin probably over the 16-20 hour mark or more.

Tauer's stuff, especially LDDM has gone well over 24 hours on my skin.

In addition I've caught whiffs of Aventus probably close to 20 or so hours after applying (though that one's a bit of a dark horse in this category).

And last but not least I'll include a heartfelt nod to Black Aoud. High projection, sillage and longevity on all accounts.

M7
    A*Men
    Kouros
    Furyo

AromiErotici

Vintage Rochas Macassar. I know of no masculine that lasts longer.

Eternity for Men - aptly named 24hrs+
    Acqua di Giò pour Homme - believe it or not
    Giorgio for Men and Polo - who's your daddy? 24hrs+
    Krizia Uomo - an Italian Stallion
    Rochas Lui - fabulous drydown

Will last throughout an apocalyptic nuclear war and still smell ! Use with caution, you have been warned!

If youre looking for longevity, stay away from Bvlgari Aqva. I've heard its longevity and sillage is good, but at 2 sprays to the neck, it barely lasted an hour, and even right when sprayed my girlfriend couldn't smell it unless her nose was within 3 inches of my neck. I liked the scent, but I was very dissapointed. The scent lasted a long time on my shirt however...

+1 Amoauge Jubilation XXV - and it is delicious
    +1 Real Oud oil - as stated, sometimes you have to wait some hours for the drydown to progress enough to leave the house - now this can be for the horrible ones as much as for the awesome ones.

Banned

Surprisingly, the one with the most longevity on me is a designer: Prada Ambre pour Homme.
    Amber Absolute is also excellent. Shame I don't really like the fragrance!

Black Aoud is a beast indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    +1 Amoauge Jubilation XXV - and it is delicious
    Out of curiosity, what type of length did you actually get out of this one, and how much did you apply?

Sound Scents

Bogart pour Homme for me for sure. I get 15+ hours with that one.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I've discovered many longevity kings:
    YSL - Kouros for me is the longest lasting from this house (for men)
    - Opium FOR WOMEN EdP (EDT is good too) has shocking longevity, the EdP may even last longer then Kouros
    - M7 has excellent longevity, I don't think you'll have problems with this one
    - Even Rive Gauche has respectable longevity for me
    In conclusion... YSL doesn't make faint scents, all that I've tried from this house had great longevity.

Cristian Dior - Poison (Vintage Poison is a longevity bomb), The poison elixirs, Pure perfums for all their fragrances, Fahrenheit & Fahrenheit Absolute, Dior Homme Intense... these are the ones that last very long on me

Chanel - Anteus is the most persistent, but Egoiste, No. 5 and No. 19 also have fantastic longevity

Givenchy - Gentleman is really strong and tenacious, and so are Pi and Amarige

Cartier - I've only tried Santos but it blew me away. One of my faves definitely.

Less refined fragrances that have incredible longevity: Le Male, Angel and A* Men, JOOP! Homme, The Dreamer etc.
    Most of the fragrances that I've tried have good and excellent longevity, even if I didn't like all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    SIDENOTE: EDCs last bizarrely long on me. Hollister SoCal and Chanel Allure Homme Sport both last atleast 10 hours on me.
    I get this also...it seems to defy conventional logic.

I get far greater longevity with Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDC than I do with its EDT counterpart.

Coromandel is my longevity god. A godly fragrance which stays on 24hr+ even after a shower.
    Cannot get enough of it.

"+1 Amoauge Jubilation XXV - and it is delicious"

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Out of curiosity, what type of length did you actually get out of this one, and how much did you apply?
    I used to spray about five sprays and this would last 12-15hrs, until I let a friend try some and experienced the massive vapour trail I had been subjecting others to. I now use 3 sprays and that lasts all day (10-12hrs). People will comment on it (nice comments) easily 6-8hrs after application.

I could list a few, but the absolute monster for longevity would have to be Black Afgano. One spray will go on for days if you let it.

I got 13 hours of projection and 24 of lasting with Tobacco Vanille. THe most strong of my collection

Quote Originally Posted by tuisquash View Post
    bois du portugal
    Funny on me BDP by Creed lasts only four hours, and I have bought my bottle on a Creed authorized retailer.

le male for me
    then DHI

I've had luck with these surviving showers-

-Amouage Epic Man. It smells soooo good the whole way through, too
    -Amouage Tribute. Same with the smelling good the whole way.
    -Clive Christian X for Men. Lasts for days on clothing and lasts a very decent time on skin. Yep, I know it's pretty much hated around here, but it does last a looong time, and if you like X, chances are you'll enjoy the whole process.
    -Amber Absolute and Bois Marocain by Tom Ford are both great for longevity for me.
    -A*Men. By god, I think I like it and then I try to wash it off and no. It WON'T GO. I can't vouch for how it smells after a while, because by the time I'm trying to wash it off, I've already gotten sick of it so any remaining scent will pretty much smell awful.

Le Male, Amen, Tobacco Vanille, L'IDGE, DHI and alot of those heavy winter scents usually last 12+ on me. Half of the time they last around 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    "+1 Amoauge Jubilation XXV - and it is delicious"

I used to spray about five sprays and this would last 12-15hrs, until I let a friend try some and experienced the massive vapour trail I had been subjecting others to. I now use 3 sprays and that lasts all day (10-12hrs). People will comment on it (nice comments) easily 6-8hrs after application.
    Oh my! That really makes me hella envious. I get absolutely NO longevity nor sillage AT ALL out of my Jube sample after 2 hours!
    Other longevity monsters, apart from the aforementioned Black/Lime/Red Aouds would be Arabie, Habanita, l'Eau du Navigateur and many Arabian mukhallats. I LOVE long-lasting perfumes. Once I'm out of the house, it just has to last for the rest of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Oh my! That really makes me hella envious. I get absolutely NO longevity nor sillage AT ALL out of my Jube sample after 2 hours!
    Other longevity monsters, apart from the aforementioned Black/Lime/Red Aouds would be Arabie, Habanita, l'Eau du Navigateur and many Arabian mukhallats. I LOVE long-lasting perfumes. Once I'm out of the house, it just has to last for the rest of the day...
    Hmmmm...I'd like to suggest trying a good spray from a bottle, but it would be a costly mistake if it didn't work out
    I'm waiting for my Tribute sample to arrive - i haven't heard of anyone not getting huge longevity out of that one!

PdN Patchouli Homme might deserve a place on this list too --

L'Instant EdP
    Paul Smith London
    Black Aoud
    Chergui

Kouros, Epic Man

These frags, and a few others I've tried don't come off with regular soap and water... is there a good way to get them off short of a chemical paint stripper?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Kouros, Epic Man

These frags, and a few others I've tried don't come off with regular soap and water... is there a good way to get them off short of a chemical paint stripper?
    Yep! Douse 'em with some Creed Vintage Tabarome! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Kouros, Epic Man

Japanese Wash Cloth - google it. One of the greatest inventions of modern times.

A men, unfortunately. Tobacco Vanille, thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay View Post
    I could list a few, but the absolute monster for longevity would have to be Black Afgano. One spray will go on for days if you let it.
    Oh man, i was going to say Black Afgano as well but i was too afraid to mention it: i have a shirt that still reeks of it after many months. I have no clue why i haven't washed it off yet, maybe subliminaly i want to see how long it is going to last (probably to eternity).

Kouros
    VCA
    Lapidus PH

Encre Noire
    Bvlgari pH
    I can detect both on my skin even after 24 hrs....simply great!!

+1 to the guys saying LeMale, Joop, PS, Polo, Kouros, and TF Tabacco Vanille. I wish Grey Vetiver had the strength, and longevity of TV, but it's still decent. I got 24 hours out of Vermiel one time. Suprisingly I got 24 hours out of Dior Homme even though it is a weak scent IMO. I was suprised when I walked outside when I woke up and caught a wiff of Dior Homme.

The scent of a skunk's anal scent glands and/or clothes stained with the smoke after an Armenian BBQ.