Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: The longevity god

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    +1 Amoauge Jubilation XXV - and it is delicious
    Out of curiosity, what type of length did you actually get out of this one, and how much did you apply?

Sound Scents

Bogart pour Homme for me for sure. I get 15+ hours with that one.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

I've discovered many longevity kings:
    YSL - Kouros for me is the longest lasting from this house (for men)
    - Opium FOR WOMEN EdP (EDT is good too) has shocking longevity, the EdP may even last longer then Kouros
    - M7 has excellent longevity, I don't think you'll have problems with this one
    - Even Rive Gauche has respectable longevity for me
    In conclusion... YSL doesn't make faint scents, all that I've tried from this house had great longevity.

Cristian Dior - Poison (Vintage Poison is a longevity bomb), The poison elixirs, Pure perfums for all their fragrances, Fahrenheit & Fahrenheit Absolute, Dior Homme Intense... these are the ones that last very long on me

Chanel - Anteus is the most persistent, but Egoiste, No. 5 and No. 19 also have fantastic longevity

Givenchy - Gentleman is really strong and tenacious, and so are Pi and Amarige

Cartier - I've only tried Santos but it blew me away. One of my faves definitely.

Less refined fragrances that have incredible longevity: Le Male, Angel and A* Men, JOOP! Homme, The Dreamer etc.
    Most of the fragrances that I've tried have good and excellent longevity, even if I didn't like all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    SIDENOTE: EDCs last bizarrely long on me. Hollister SoCal and Chanel Allure Homme Sport both last atleast 10 hours on me.
    I get this also...it seems to defy conventional logic.

I get far greater longevity with Chanel Allure Homme Sport EDC than I do with its EDT counterpart.

Coromandel is my longevity god. A godly fragrance which stays on 24hr+ even after a shower.
    Cannot get enough of it.

"+1 Amoauge Jubilation XXV - and it is delicious"

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Out of curiosity, what type of length did you actually get out of this one, and how much did you apply?
    I used to spray about five sprays and this would last 12-15hrs, until I let a friend try some and experienced the massive vapour trail I had been subjecting others to. I now use 3 sprays and that lasts all day (10-12hrs). People will comment on it (nice comments) easily 6-8hrs after application.

I could list a few, but the absolute monster for longevity would have to be Black Afgano. One spray will go on for days if you let it.

I got 13 hours of projection and 24 of lasting with Tobacco Vanille. THe most strong of my collection

Quote Originally Posted by tuisquash View Post
    bois du portugal
    Funny on me BDP by Creed lasts only four hours, and I have bought my bottle on a Creed authorized retailer.

le male for me
    then DHI

I've had luck with these surviving showers-

-Amouage Epic Man. It smells soooo good the whole way through, too
    -Amouage Tribute. Same with the smelling good the whole way.
    -Clive Christian X for Men. Lasts for days on clothing and lasts a very decent time on skin. Yep, I know it's pretty much hated around here, but it does last a looong time, and if you like X, chances are you'll enjoy the whole process.
    -Amber Absolute and Bois Marocain by Tom Ford are both great for longevity for me.
    -A*Men. By god, I think I like it and then I try to wash it off and no. It WON'T GO. I can't vouch for how it smells after a while, because by the time I'm trying to wash it off, I've already gotten sick of it so any remaining scent will pretty much smell awful.

Le Male, Amen, Tobacco Vanille, L'IDGE, DHI and alot of those heavy winter scents usually last 12+ on me. Half of the time they last around 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    "+1 Amoauge Jubilation XXV - and it is delicious"

I used to spray about five sprays and this would last 12-15hrs, until I let a friend try some and experienced the massive vapour trail I had been subjecting others to. I now use 3 sprays and that lasts all day (10-12hrs). People will comment on it (nice comments) easily 6-8hrs after application.
    Oh my! That really makes me hella envious. I get absolutely NO longevity nor sillage AT ALL out of my Jube sample after 2 hours!
    Other longevity monsters, apart from the aforementioned Black/Lime/Red Aouds would be Arabie, Habanita, l'Eau du Navigateur and many Arabian mukhallats. I LOVE long-lasting perfumes. Once I'm out of the house, it just has to last for the rest of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Oh my! That really makes me hella envious. I get absolutely NO longevity nor sillage AT ALL out of my Jube sample after 2 hours!
    Other longevity monsters, apart from the aforementioned Black/Lime/Red Aouds would be Arabie, Habanita, l'Eau du Navigateur and many Arabian mukhallats. I LOVE long-lasting perfumes. Once I'm out of the house, it just has to last for the rest of the day...
    Hmmmm...I'd like to suggest trying a good spray from a bottle, but it would be a costly mistake if it didn't work out
    I'm waiting for my Tribute sample to arrive - i haven't heard of anyone not getting huge longevity out of that one!

PdN Patchouli Homme might deserve a place on this list too --

L'Instant EdP
    Paul Smith London
    Black Aoud
    Chergui

Kouros, Epic Man

These frags, and a few others I've tried don't come off with regular soap and water... is there a good way to get them off short of a chemical paint stripper?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Kouros, Epic Man

These frags, and a few others I've tried don't come off with regular soap and water... is there a good way to get them off short of a chemical paint stripper?
    Yep! Douse 'em with some Creed Vintage Tabarome! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Kouros, Epic Man

Japanese Wash Cloth - google it. One of the greatest inventions of modern times.

A men, unfortunately. Tobacco Vanille, thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay View Post
    I could list a few, but the absolute monster for longevity would have to be Black Afgano. One spray will go on for days if you let it.
    Oh man, i was going to say Black Afgano as well but i was too afraid to mention it: i have a shirt that still reeks of it after many months. I have no clue why i haven't washed it off yet, maybe subliminaly i want to see how long it is going to last (probably to eternity).

Kouros
    VCA
    Lapidus PH

Encre Noire
    Bvlgari pH
    I can detect both on my skin even after 24 hrs....simply great!!

+1 to the guys saying LeMale, Joop, PS, Polo, Kouros, and TF Tabacco Vanille. I wish Grey Vetiver had the strength, and longevity of TV, but it's still decent. I got 24 hours out of Vermiel one time. Suprisingly I got 24 hours out of Dior Homme even though it is a weak scent IMO. I was suprised when I walked outside when I woke up and caught a wiff of Dior Homme.

The scent of a skunk's anal scent glands and/or clothes stained with the smoke after an Armenian BBQ.