Code of Conduct

Thread: Mazzolari Lui

Default Mazzolari Lui

Is it just me but is this stuff one hell of a multi faceted powerhouse of a fragrance my sample from first in fragrance on first application came across as a combination of musc ravageur and mkk with a bit of leather in the mix and on returning to the sample this week i'm getting a load of birch tar and rubber with just a hint of musk and patchouli anybody else who has tried this care to comment?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Default Re: Mazzolari Lui

What I wrote in that other thread still applies. And I agree that the sexy musk in Lui is similar to Musc Ravageur. Only that there's so much more going on. That it ends up as a powerful but well-structured masterpiece rather than a complete anarchy of competing power notes is quite an achievement.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

BUMP

This is my SotD and I couldn't help but notice that this scent reminds me of Musc Koublai Khan. There is definitely heaps of dirty musk in Mazzolari Lui however it's not even a listed note.

From Luckyscent:

Lui Notes
    Sandalwood, cedar, patchouli, ambergris, vetiver, spices

I beg to disagree with people who claim that this scent is a powerhouse. On my skin it is tamed, dirty, leathery, musky scent. Almost like a skin scent. It also is quite powdery in the dry down. I am usually not a fan of powdery scents but I like this one.
    I need to train my nose to identify the smell of patchouli as I can't seem to pin it down.

I'd go as far as saying that this & MKK would be redundant in the same wardrobe.
    I'd definitely do a side by side soon and see which one would topple the other.

Overall a very masculine, fantastic scent.

i never noticed the similarity between MKK and Lui...Lui has this dusty book vibe to it... MKK on the other hand is almost an sweet, spicy, almost gourmand like oriental which projects very differently than Lui. i recently sold my bottle of Lui...although i admired it as a scent and rate it much higher than most in my wardrobe; i never really used to wear it. it could also be the fact that i (subconciously) considered it too precious...save the best for the last, right?

However, i agree that it shares the same tones as Musc Ravegeur and MKK combined yet, so different that they all can co-exist in the same wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    i recently sold my bottle of Lui...although i admired it as a scent and rate it much higher than most in my wardrobe; i never really used to wear it.
    Same thing happened to me. I loved it but it was often too difficult to pull off wearing. It's almost too butch. I also got a lot of negative comments while wearing it. It's funny because I tend to easily pull off wearing Fumidus and even that still had it's slight positive qualities, the earthy vetiver balanced the birch tar. Though, Lui was just straight up nasty in a bad way. An overload of heavy raw patchouli. I admire it and think it's brilliant but I find its mega bomb sillage/longevity to ruin it. If it was a little softer, it would be an amazing scent.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 8th June 2010 at 08:58 AM.

One of my favorite frags. I own a lot of powerhouse scents, and Mazzolari Lui is one of the most powerful scents I own. You'd better really like patchouli and animalic notes if you expect to like this. I find it to have room-clearing sillage and round-the-clock longevity.

What surprised me about Lui after wearing it was to find out it is an EDT. I asked myself, "what if the opening was EDP strength?" Probably unwearable.

I really like it, but haven't come to buy a bottle yet.

Even I like the final notes very much ,the top notes are too raw,strong..... for me.

AromiErotici

Yea.....Lui is pretty good....but not everyone's skin type ( or tastes for that matter) can pull it off. Strong creation that works well on me, but their patchouli offering is even a better fit for me.

I really wanted to like Lui but find it just too harsh and burnt smelling. It is about as masculine as a fragrance can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    I really wanted to like Lui but find it just too harsh and burnt smelling. It is about as masculine as a fragrance can be.
    HA! My mom LOVES it

Lui has a big and dirty opening, but after that it's mostly pleasant powder if I recall correctly. Kind of like old Lagerfelt Classic. Not so hyper masculine if you ask me...