Code of Conduct

Default Will Soccer Fans Want To Smell Like A Stadium?

Will Soccer Fans Want To Smell Like A Stadium?

by Deidre Woollard (RSS feed) Jun 2nd 2010 at 12:01AM
    You wouldn't think that the scent of a stadium would be a hot seller but never underestimate the fervor of World Cup fans. Rachel Stevens is the face of Eau De Stade a new scent created by Sky+HD to evoke the smells of the soccer field and the host country South Africa. It's a bit unusual for a television broadcaster to develop a scent but the fragrance is meant to be worn while watching Sky's high definition television coverage of the games.

The scent was developed by John Bailey of The Perfumers Guild Limited and uses essential oils sourced from South Africa, hints of sea breezes, the smell of fresh grass and yes, a little hint of sweat. The unisex perfume will be on sale for a limited time.The perfume is on sale from at Soccer Scene's World Cup pop-up store in central London. The scent sells for 19.99 and will only be available for a limited time.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: Will Soccer Fans Want To Smell Like A Stadium?

I haven't been to a football (soccer) game for 35 years. It's undoubtedly different now, but believe me, you wouldn't want to smell like the terraces used to smell back then.

A mix of sweat, beer and hot dogs topped off with a hint of piss. Mmmm, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jcrich View Post
    A mix of sweat, beer and hot dogs topped off with a hint of piss. Mmmm, nice!
    Don't forget the deep heat emanating from the changing rooms...

Oh dear God no.

I'm football mad but the smell is definitely not one of the things that attracts me.

Find me some sweaty sportsmen to sniff and I will let you know how it pans out from there ....

Well since the stadium of the footballclub that I support smells like unwashed people, cannabis, beer and fried food, I would say no.
    When I used to play soccer I always enjoyed the smell of the grass. I didn't enjoy smelling others people sweat all that much but that is just all in the game.
    They could also have added a leather note to the fragrance even though I think that the WC ball is made of synthetic materials.

Don't know about football, but Virgin Island Water reminds me of womens' beach volleyball.

Or perhaps it's those beautiful amazons that play it.......
    Last edited by jcrich; 2nd June 2010 at 06:43 PM.

I've no idea what this smells like, but the perfumer behind this certainly know what he is doing and already has an excellent range of fragrances at very reasonable prices available.