Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default If your name is Eva, Rita, Carmella, Lee, Sofia or Gina …

Maybe you want to try one of the new fragrances with your name on the label. (Don't get your hopes too high says this girl named Joy. What do you think, Eva?)

Now Smell This has the full info. These were headlined today:

Garden of Good & Eva ~ a crisp citrus floral with notes of pear, watermelon, ozone accord, muguet, rose, jasmine, violet leaves, freesia, sandalwood, musk and cedar.

Lookin’ to Rock Rita ~ a fruity green fragrance with lemon, coconut, freesia, fig, hyacinth, violet, sandalwood, rosewood and vanilla.

So Hooked on Carmella ~ A floral vanilla featuring lemon, grapefruit, rhubarb, cyclamen, peony, tiare, vanilla, sandalwood and amber.
    Last edited by Quarry; 2nd June 2010 at 03:33 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: If your name is Eva, Rita, Carmella, Lee, Sofia or Gina …

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Maybe you want to try one of the new fragrances with your name on the label. (Don't get your hopes too high says this girl named Joy. What do you think, Eva?)

Now Smell This has the full info. These were headlined today:

Garden of Good & Eva ~ a crisp citrus floral with notes of pear, watermelon, ozone accord, muguet, rose, jasmine, violet leaves, freesia, sandalwood, musk and cedar.

Lookin’ to Rock Rita ~ a fruity green fragrance with lemon, coconut, freesia, fig, hyacinth, violet, sandalwood, rosewood and vanilla.

So Hooked on Carmella ~ A floral vanilla featuring lemon, grapefruit, rhubarb, cyclamen, peony, tiare, vanilla, sandalwood and amber.
    Quarry- thanks for the info- nothin' called Mimi ! *LOL*
    ( The link is wrong,I think, Quarry ,love. )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

The link is...interesting...

Name scents? Hmmmm....

I know that Ineke plans to go all the way through the alphabet for her inspirations. My worry is the "out of fashion" names like Mabel, Mildred, Agnes, Gertrude or Ida. Will the names be more youthful to appeal to the young? Tiffany, Jessica, Madison (yes, started after the movie "Splash"), Emma, etc.

EDIT: Yes, I know "Tiffany" is a scent from the jeweller...
    Last edited by Primrose; 2nd June 2010 at 03:35 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Quarry- thanks for the info- nothin' called Mimi ! *LOL*
    ( The link is wrong,I think, Quarry ,love. )
    Whoa-hoo. That's a good one. Multi-tasking. Bamboo = good scent, naughty plant. Thanks for saving me from myself, M!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Whoa-hoo. That's a good one. Multi-tasking. Bamboo = good scent, naughty plant. Thanks for saving me from myself, M!
    *HUG*

I always feel weird when I wear a scent with another girl's name on it...." Hi I'm Mimi and today I'm wearing 'Stephanie" ...

There should be a Mimi perfume! It could be La Boheme-inspired. (Of course, then it would smell like poverty, tuberculosis, turpentine, and despair).

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    There should be a Mimi perfume! It could be La Boheme-inspired. (Of course, then it would smell like poverty, tuberculosis, turpentine, and despair).
    True -there should be ! *LOL* But then again, yes, it would a questionable scent......

When will a perfumer finally name a fragrance 'Tracey'? I think that would be awesome!! I'd buy it!! :-)

Doesn't Ellen Tracey have a Tracey? Your wish might have already come true!

Yes, and Mimi's end was tragic. Poor, sick and dying in a garret...with cold hands...

Ditto for Violetta in "La Traviata." Tuberculosis is not elegant...even in the midst of true love.
    Last edited by Primrose; 2nd June 2010 at 05:32 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Thanks for posting Q!

I dunno, not too thrilled about "my" Garden of God & Eva, when it comes to the notes, at least, sounds like the most "meh" out of the three scents. The other two sounds a tad more thrilling, but just a tad...

Maybe it΄s a good idea to give perfumes common names like this. (Carmella can΄t possibly be that common, though?)

Estιe Lauder could for instance make a twist on their "Beautiful" and redesign the bottle, so that any name could be added in a simple way in the store, for the purchasing costumer (not sure how that would be done, though....lol!).
    The juice should be the same, of course, but now you would have the option of buying "Beautiful Eva", "Beautiful Mandy", "Beautiful Nancy" etc, etc.
    Last edited by musse; 2nd June 2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: can΄t spell
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Doesn't Ellen Tracey have a Tracey? Your wish might have already come true!
    [IMG][/IMG]

You're right!! I found it! Funny, I've never heard of this fragrance (or this perfumer) until now.

Oh...well...there is a perfume for my name ...something about Sofia
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    Estιe Lauder could for instance make a twist on their "Beautiful" and redesign the bottle, so that any name could be added in a simple way in the store, for the purchasing costumer (not sure how that would be done, though....lol!).
    The juice should be the same, of course, but now you would have the option of buying "Beautiful Eva", "Beautiful Mandy", "Beautiful Nancy" etc, etc.
    I smell a money-making idea! It'd be a popular gift gimmick for sure.

there is a nail polish brand called Zoya that names all their colors after girl's names
    they have hundreds although they didn't have Courtney
    but Sinful Color had a nail polish called Courtney Orange so I'm still pretty
    happy
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Mambo No. 5!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 3rd June 2010 at 12:39 AM.