Code of Conduct

Default Help for a complete 23 year old newbie in the UK

Hi all!

I am completely new to this and stumbled across this forum on my quest to find a new perfume.

Currently, I am wearing CK in2u and I love it, however it has no longevity at all. I also love Stella original. I like D&G Light Blue but I hate how the drydown smells on me after a few hours.

I seem to gravitate towards more citrus scents with a warm sweet dry down, I'm assuming this is amber after doing a bit of research? I am a complete ignoramous when it comes to scent so I really would love to expand "my nose". Does anyone have any suggestions which are reasonably priced?

Default Re: Help for a complete 23 year old newbie in the UK

Oh also, I like Paul Smith - Floral, HATE CK One Summer and Alien (smells like someone ran headfirst into a perfume display). I don't tend to like very sweet perfumes but I've just pinpointed why I like In2u so much, I think it's the vanilla.

I am extremely inexperienced so I do need help.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I wonder if you would like Shalimar Light (or maybe it's Eau de Shalimar now)? Citrus opening, vanilla in the drydown, very warm?
    Last edited by Thalia; 2nd June 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Un profumo affettuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    Hi! I wonder if you would like Shalimar Light (or maybe it's Eau de Shalimar now)? Citrus opening, vanilla in the drydown, very warm?
    There's difference between Shalimar Light and Eau de Shalimar... - the most recent one being rather unpleasant in comparison to the first "light" version of Shalimar. Shaal Nur by Etro springs to my mind... - but - that's rather expensive...
    I found Warm Sand by Matthew Williamson at TKMAxx last winter for 7 Pounds only... - warm dry-down, fresh start... - very tenacious.

I'm not on that much of a budget, haha. I just meant I can't afford hundreds, like Creed for example. But I'll have a look into those, thanks for the suggestions.

Hi there, I think you would probably enjoy Chanel Cristalle Eau Vert from what you have said. Its a lovely fresh fragrance with a clean and yet warm smell, perfect for this time of year. It is quite different to the original Cristalle so if you've already tried that and decided you don't like it (which, personally, I don't), then don't automatically dismiss the Cristalle Eau Vert, its very different indeed!