Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Young man looking for new scents genres" Vetiver, Tea, Rose/Floral, Clean fresh, marshmallow

I'm looking for ideas in these categories "vetiver, tea, clean fresh, Leather , Rose ,marshmallow" to expand my wardrobe a bit. Any suggestions are appreciated. Keep in mind I'm in my early twenties and want to smell like that, not into smelling to mature. My current wardrobe is GIT MI SMW erolfa, Gendarme, Clean for men muglers cologne and Hermes le mousson

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Young man looking for new scents genres" Vetiver, Tea, Rose/Floral, Clean fresh, marshmallow

To let people know I'm not into powdery scents SMW is as powdery as I go. Thanks

Default Re: Young man looking for new scents genres" Vetiver, Tea, Rose/Floral, Clean fresh, marshmallow

Try some Byredo fragrances.

encre noire for vetiver
    gucci pour homme II for tea
    z zegna for clean and fresh
    trufitt and hill spanish leather
    acqua di parma colonia for rose
    i'll get back to you on the marshmallow

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to BN!!! As far as vetiver fragrances go (which is my favorite note, by the way) my favorites are Frederic Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire, The Different Company's Sel de Vetiver, EldO's Fat Electrician (you REALLY should give this one a try), Armani Prive's Vetiver Babylone, and good ol' Guerlain Vetiver. I'm not too knowledgable regarding "tea" frags, but I can personally attest to the brilliance of l'Artisan's Tea for Two. It's GORGEOUS. My favorite "clean" fragrance you already have (Gendarme - I prefer the edp if you haven't tried it). "Leather" - I'd recommend Creed's Royal English Leather (though it's really not very "leathery"). Another FANTASTIC leather is MPG's Parfum d'Habit. For "rose" scents, The Differnet Company's Rose Poivree is brilliant. Montale's Black Aoud is also WONDERFUL if you're into aouds. Czech & Speake's No. 88 is probably my favorite rose-centric frag (although the reformulated version is quite a departure from the original. Still good, though). Another good rose is from the Hermessence line (Jean-Claude Ellena). It's called Rose Ikebanna or something (I've only sampled it). Can't help you with the "Marshmallow" request. Never even heard of a frag like that. Anyway, good luck in your quest. Happy hunting!!!

Retroverso Man - Green Tea by Ulrich De Varens

try the first vetiver by creed made in 1948, royal english leather by creed is also a nice frag one of my favs

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Bvlgari Black

+1 on Guerlain Vetiver...The current formulation of Guerlain Vetiver is more citrusy and "sharp" than the vintage, but either one of those has a timelessness/agelessness. I think the new formulation smells quite a bit of nutmeg as well as vetiver... it's a quite clean fresh scent.

Also +1 on Bvlgari Black for the clean, fresh... bergamot, tea and leather (and a novel "new tire store" smell on some people.)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here to help with the marshmallow Guerlain Boise Torride . It is very unisex....very sweet...Lots of marshmallow.
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Gucci ph II (tea) and Eau Savage (citrus fresh).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Givenchy's Pi has an incredibly marshmallow drydown. it literally makes me hungry, thats how close it is to actually smelling like marshmallows. i HIGHLY recommend it, its in my "top 3"

Love By Kilian is a marshmallow scent

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

vetiver - For a fresher, "younger", take on Guerlain's Vetiver, maybe try Givenchy's.

tea - Heeley's Verveine is awsome.

clean fresh - A Scent by Issey Miyake

Leather - the most literal is probably Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather

Rose - I haven't found one that's perfect for me yet. For modern and arsty, many here love Le Labo's Rose 31. For more literal, Jo Malone's Red Roses is cool, as is Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose.

marshmallow - a note I dislike personally, but many women's fruity florals end up pretty mashmallowy on me. The most recent one I tested was Hanae Mori No. 2, which is exclusive to Nordstroms. It's officially for women, but has a peppery berry top that isn't too girly. Also, if you do a search for "vanilla bourbon" as a note, that's usually what gives that marshmallow smell...

Good Luck!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the suggestions! You can continue to voice your input if you'd like

Give Bulgari pour Homme a try. There is no vetiver listed in the notes that I know of, but gives off a sensation of light vetiver in water. A very mellow and quiet fragrance which doesn't make a whole lot of fuzz – well constructed and easy to wear.
    Last edited by shifts; 3rd June 2010 at 04:15 AM.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Based on what I imagine you might like:

Vetiver:
    Encre Noire, Bois d'Orage, Sel de Vetiver, Vetiver Tonka.

Tea :
    +1 Bvlgari Pour Homme, Tea For Two, Gucci PH II

Leather:
    Elsha Russian Leather 1776, Minotaure, Cuir Ottoman (if you'd like something a little more intense) +1 Tuscan Leather.

Rose:
    Paestum Rose
    Last edited by MFJ; 3rd June 2010 at 05:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheredjaredgo View Post
    I'm looking for ideas in these categories "vetiver, tea, clean fresh, Leather , Rose ,marshmallow" to expand my wardrobe a bit. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    A "first stop" for vetiver: the Vetiver Redux Update thread.

If you want a very fresh vetiver there also is : Vetyverio by Diptyque

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    If you want a very fresh vetiver there also is : Vetyverio by Diptyque
    One more vote for Diptyque Vetyverio, fresh and young, that would fit you well. I can smell some rose as well...

For a young guy, I would recommend:

vetiver - Lanvin Vetyver
    tea - Gucci PH II
    clean/fresh - Gendarme, Eau de Cartier
    leather - John Varvatos
    rose - Montale Black Aoud
    marshmallow - Armani Diamonds