Code of Conduct

Default Carnal Flower (or other Malle's) Beurre Exquise (aka body butter)?

Lately I've been loving Body Shop's Cocoa Body Butter. It is extremely moisturizing, smells fantastic and best of all, absorbs reasonably quick for a body butter. I've been really interested in the Malle's Beurre Exquise (specifically Carnal Flower). Has anyone tried it or have it? I have dry-ish skin and I feel like a Carnal Flower body butter would be amazing in the summer. Or is it too moisturizing? If you have any other tuberose-scented body butters, let me know!

Default Re: Carnal Flower (or other Malle's) Beurre Exquise (aka body butter)?

I once tried "Une Fleur de Cassie" in the shop, since I love this perfume. Not much of a perfume left on my skin (dry too), too faint for my taste.

I have Iris Poudre in this. It's wonderful.

Thanks guys. Do you think it's too moisturizing for summer though?

I've got samples in Carnal and Iris. I would like to order some, one of these days -- it's very expensive, but is heavily fragranced. As for too heavy for summer? -- I think it depends on how dry your skin is and the climate you live in. I think the beurre might be too heavy for our very humid weather here. My samples are slightly oily.

The Beurre Exquis is so strongly scented that I use it as a solid perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    I've got samples in Carnal and Iris. I would like to order some, one of these days -- it's very expensive, but is heavily fragranced. As for too heavy for summer? -- I think it depends on how dry your skin is and the climate you live in. I think the beurre might be too heavy for our very humid weather here. My samples are slightly oily.
    Well it's been getting pretty dang humid over here in Qatar, but if I purchase it, I'll be wearing it in London and New York (yaaay!) over the summer, which might be cooler. I just wish it wasn't so dang expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymph View Post
    The Beurre Exquis is so strongly scented that I use it as a solid perfume.
    Wow! Good to know. I guess that's why it's so expensive; a little goes a long way. But I get that with L'occitane's 100% Shea Butter. A little stretches for miles and miles!
    Last edited by scent; 3rd June 2010 at 09:13 PM.

Be careful in the heat, though: it's pretty heavy in texture.

Blog Entries

I've only tried Iris Poudre, which is beautiful. I actually prefer it to the perfume. And it's strong enough that you don't really need the perfume, but the layering of the two is amazing.

I can't speak for oiliness or suitability for heat (I'm no lotion expert), only that the scent is great and you should definitely give it a try if you have a chance!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Basenotes Institution

Never tried the Malle Beurre Exquise's - they sound fantastic.

Have you smelled/tried the discontinued Shedonism body lotion by Origins? I think it might fit the bill, if you can still find some.

Thank you folks! I have a feeling that Iris Poudre would be fantastic in the winter! Dry, fruity, cold...just like the weather!

I'll check out the Origins cream Mike! Why is everything that's so good on earth, discontinued?!