Code of Conduct

Default Proper Places of Application

Hello,

Where is the proper place for men to apply cologne to their body? Neck? Chest? Do you spray it onto bare skin or onto your clothing?

Thanks,

King
    Last edited by Island King; 3rd June 2010 at 02:03 AM.

Default Re: Proper Places of Application

My husband sprays it onto his neck/throat and a little of his chest. Bare skin is probably better than on clothing--it will blend with your own scent. Some people do spray it on clothing, especially if their skin does not hold scent well (you will find this out be experience), but test the fragrance first in an inconspicuous place to make sure it won't stain.

Depends on my mood, the weather, and the fragrance, but in general I do 2-3 to the chest, 1 to the wrists+rub, maybe 1 to the inside elbow, and 1 to the back of the neck.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Proper Places of Application

I tend to apply my fragerances to the upper chest / neck area. With typically one spray, two sprays is my max.

Blog Entries

chest (over the heart, its warm) 1-2 to the neck, 1 to the wrists...mix and match based on the strength and thats how i do it.

weaker stuff ill go 5 sprays max, stronger stuff 3 max

EX: Le Male/A*Men - one to each side of the chest, 1 to the wrists/1 to the heart, 1 to the middle of the neck, 1 to the wrists.

American Eagle True, Hollister Jake...weak stuff over all - 2 to the chest, 2 to the neck, 1 to the wrist

then theres the unique Varvatos classic... - two or three to the chest, two to the neck, 1 to the wrists, 2 to the back of the neck.

"No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.