Code of Conduct

Default Similar EDT's for Gillette Series

Hi everyone,

In my constant endeavor to find that next scent, I keep getting stuck on Gillette's Arctic Ice. Its a fairly simple (linear?) fragrance, with a fresh opening and a warm spicy dry down. I found that the fragrance drew a surprising amount of compliments, considering I was simply using it to sooth the razor burn after a good shave .

What I would like help with, is finding an EDT with similar notes to this aftershave (or the other aftershaves in the Gillette Series for that matter). It would be great to find an EDT that gives this fragrance a little more depth and refinement.

Top Notes
    Apple, Bergamot, Basil.

Middle Notes
    Geranium, Cinnamon, Sage.

Base Notes
    Honeyed Mahogany.

Thanks

Default Re: Similar EDT's for Gillette Series

Hi there! I see I'm about two years too late but I have to say I agree with you that Gillette aftershaves are very good. Love the scent of my one! It's not arctic Ice or Cool Wave, it's just a Gillette splash aftershave from my local supermarket here in new Zealand and, like you, I've gotten some compliments on it. Its this one here: http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Pro...ash-aftershave

Quote Originally Posted by classicrock View Post
    Hi there! I see I'm about two years too late but I have to say I agree with you that Gillette aftershaves are very good. Love the scent of my one! It's not arctic Ice or Cool Wave, it's just a Gillette splash aftershave from my local supermarket here in new Zealand and, like you, I've gotten some compliments on it. Its this one here: http://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Pro...ash-aftershave
    Glad to see someone else enjoying the underrated Gillette series! Ill keep an eye out for the one you mentioned at my local and give it a go if i can find it. May take a while, but that seems to be the pace of this thread atm .

Maybe not too many people over here use Gillette after shave. Never used Arctic Ice, but I do remember using and liking Storm Force. From the description of the notes, maybe you could look for something that is aquatic with a lightly spiced woody base. You could also probably try out some of the sports fragrances out there. Hopefully others would chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Maybe not too many people over here use Gillette after shave. Never used Arctic Ice, but I do remember using and liking Storm Force. From the description of the notes, maybe you could look for something that is aquatic with a lightly spiced woody base. You could also probably try out some of the sports fragrances out there. Hopefully others would chip in.
    Thanks freewheel, ill give that a shot. Always difficult to find a spicy Woody smell that doesn't smell too synthetic or cloying. Im using Santal by Creed atm, and that seems to give a nice rounded smell. Gucci by Gucci seems to give the closest smell that I'm after, unfortunately the longevity and projection on me are terrible, so still looking .