Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default A*Men VS. B*Men!

title says it all, what makes them different? is B*Men still gourmand or is it way different? im wondering because i love the TM house and i can get B*Men cheap...the only thing is i have no way of trying it out so itd be a blind buy. ive heard its discontinued so if its a great fragrance i wanna snatch it up before its gone

Default Re: A*Men VS. B*Men!

There isn't much of a similarity, other than being "gourmands" with a strong lavender note. There is an anise/licorice type note in B*Men which is not present in A*Men, but it lacks the tar/coffee/chocolate type. I'd say B*Men is somewhat "edgy," whereas A*Men is way out there. Also, it's not as strong as A*Men so you may consider it a "weakling."

I've only smelled A*Men. I love the way it smells, but it will be a cold day when I actually want to smell like that. I like the smell of fresh bread too, but not as a cologne.

A*Men is just way waaaaay too strong for me, even just one spray is overpowering. B*Men is just not versatile at all, and I have so many other fragrances I'd wear in place of B*Men.

Not a fan of either!

I have been very unimpressed by Mugler frags in general. Their Mugler Cologne smells amazing to me...until the sickly softness overwhelms me and I need a bath. A*Men smells great, but not as a cologne.

Not a fan

I like A*men. B*men is nasty to me. Bought it blind...regret from day one. My 1.7oz has been sprayed 3 times.

I bought B*Men blind and don't regret it. It has this great rhubarb note that I really enjoy. I agree with Bigsly that they're totally different fragrances and like you said, it's available cheap. Worth a shot in my opinion.

A*MEN is one of my favorite fragrances of all time, B*MEN is nothing but a mediocre spice bomb that is very harsh at first. I don't recommend it, but I don't regret buying it.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    title says it all, what makes them different? is B*Men still gourmand or is it way different? im wondering because i love the TM house and i can get B*Men cheap...the only thing is i have no way of trying it out so itd be a blind buy. ive heard its discontinued so if its a great fragrance i wanna snatch it up before its gone
    B*Man is (arguably) less gourmand than A*Man, and slightly more fruity-spicy. Where A*Man opens with lavender and the (in)famous gourmand note comes quite quickly, B*Man is a bit more dryer, and although there is supposed to be rhubard as top note, you detect some sort of berry note, which blends quickly into spicy musk. I find it far less sweet than A*Man, probably easy to wear, since the sillage is not as loud as the more famous brother.
    All in all, B*Man is more wearable, less bold but equally interesting. I love them both, but A*Man would be my first choice.

A men YAY - B men NAY

Thumbs down to both!

Sorry folks...

Have both. Love both.

I find A*Men to be way too sweet. On the other hand, I love B*Men, mainly because it reminds me of the dear departed original Avon Musk.

I have and wear both, and I think they are very similar, but they also have differences. They both have that unmistakable original Angel accord (i.e., sweet patchouli), first of all. Where A*Men is very heavy and ultra-sweet, with a ton of chocolate, B*Men is much drier, less sweet, with no chocolate that I can tell. B*Men is also more masculine smelling, and in fact smells almost like a sweet fougere to me. Both frags are strong, sillage and longevity-wise.

Though I wear both, I think B*Men is the better scent, and is terribly underrated. It is superb. GET IT.

B*Men has a very stark and remarkable woody musk basenote that neutralizes the sweetness in A*Men: as an overall effect, this basenotes make of B*Men a more masculine, less metrosexual scent than A*Men. As a matter of fact, I can trace similarities between B*Men and Avon's Musk from the 1970's. Thus, B*men is bolder.

B*Men is one of the few fragrances that was so gross I had to scrub off of my hands. It was disgusting.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I have never liked A*Men, at all. To me, A*Men is totally unwearable. B*Men, on the other hand, I can wear, but I won't be buying another bottle after I finish the one I currently have. B*Men is OK, and in my opinion far better than A*Men.

As you can see from the reviews, they're both an acquired taste. Essentially, A*men is a sweet but tar-infused, chocolate gourmand while B*Men is slightly gourmand, but with fruity, spicy, and woody notes added. Where A*Men is potent and heavy, B*Men is less heavy though lasting approximately the same amount of time (think less intense). On average, they're both much stronger than most fragrances so neither one would ever be described as light, but B*Men is the lighter of the two. Since you're going in blind, here are some words that will help you decide which you'd prefer:

A*Men - burnt caramel followed by tar & chocolate
    B*Men - rhubarb (like the pie) & licorice followed by dry spices and wood

PawelL

They're very different, structure-wise. And they are both interesting.
    I prefer B*Men as more harmonious to the sugary melodrama of A*Men. In other words, B*Men develops like a most pleasant string quartet whereas A*Men is blasting synthesisers of all shapes and colours.
    I appreciate both. I wear B*Men.
    Last edited by PawelL; 29th June 2010 at 10:43 AM.

Pure Malt and that's all XD