Code of Conduct

Default Blind buys for June

Well, today I pulled the trigger on Black Orchid - Tom Ford. I have no idea what this smells like but I have a good feeling about this one :>)

Anyone else doing any blind buying ?

Default Re: Blind buys for June

When I'm a millionaire, I'll do blind buying!
    (hmmm, a lot of rich people on Basenotes? )

well i'm note a millionare (considering dollar or euro currency) but i do blind buy.
    by the way some times i am disappointed but i don't know the problem of loving fragrances. i think i am addicted to fragrances

50ml was only $20. How can I go wrong?

Was going to blind buy Nicolai pour Homme because I thought it was going to get discontinued. But now that it's not, I'm thinking of putting my blind buy towards Delicious Closet Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by kärleksparfym View Post

50ml was only $20. How can I go wrong?
    50ml for $20?! Where? I'll do it too.

I'm not sure if it counts, but I paid about what some of the more inexpensive designer bottles cost for a decant of Caron's Or Et Noir parfum. I love some of descriptions in the reviews I've read, so I'm hoping for the best!

Thanx to marketplace I blind-bought a 100 ml bottle of Miller et Berteaux #2 Spiritus / Land...I have high hopes for it!!!

Also, a friend of mine went to Madrid and is coming back in two days, and he is bringing with him (for me)
    100 ml L´eau d´Itlaie Baume du Doge
    50 ml ELDO Rien

mmmmm, I can´t wait.....

Pablo
    Last edited by Halo; 3rd June 2010 at 02:08 PM.

Montale Aoud Musk

Montale Oud Cuir D'Arabie (love it)
    Surge Lutens Ambre Sultan (not liking so far, off to fs forum)
    Surge Lutens Gris Clair (sent to fs forum)
    Tom Ford Gray Vetiver (love it)
    Tauer L'Air du desert marocain (not yet received)
    Last edited by rioni; 4th June 2010 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supperman View Post
    I'm thinking of putting my blind buy towards Delicious Closet Queen.
    I wouldn't do it with that one. I've sampled and I don't think it's great. I've bought many an ELdO decant blind, and I'm expecting my blind-buy delivery today of Tilda Swinton Like This -- I'd say there are better ELdO's to buy blind, including:
    - Charogne
    - Vierges et Toreros
    - Rossy de Palma

To me, Closet Queen was just sort of an indistinct, synthetic-sweetish mess, but it's been awhile since I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by kärleksparfym View Post
    To me, Closet Queen was just sort of an indistinct, synthetic-sweetish mess, but it's been awhile since I tried it.
    Thanks! I was thinking of getting it because the notes seem great, but yeah I guess I'll try it first.

But anyway, I actually got my blind buy of the month: Vintage Diorella. Whao... it's a little feminine to start with, but the drydown is to die for.

Laboratorio Olfattivo - Alambar
    Quite a different take on amber compared to my others... love it! I think of it as the Mediterranean, summery take. Should we ever come to enjoy summer this year (what a crappy weather in the past two months!), this will join me on quite some days.

Blog Entries

So far for June I have blind bought L'Egoiste and Eau de Lalique.

So far, so bad - I promised myself I'd stop blind-buying. June is proving to be a month of impulsive gambles. I just blind bought Ted by Ted Lapidus (2000) and Roccobarocco Silver Jeans (1995). I've got my fingers crossed for hitting the jackpot on at least 1/2. Hopefully the bottle of Versace's The Dreamer, which is also on the way, will ease the pain of money spent poorly ...

Armani Prive - Cuir Amethyste - 50ml New in Box
    Im the be$t @ thi$

I just blind bought Live Jazz, i was gonna do a thread asking what to expect from it, but I figured I would just wait, and hope for the best. I'm looking for a less common refreshing scent, and Live Jazz's description and reviews looked like it was up my alley. It should be coming tomorrow, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I just blind bought Live Jazz
    That and Jazz are on my blind buy hit list. They both sound exciting.

This month it is either Ocean Rain or Nemo. With any luck, both. Nemo has been pushed off for a few months now and Ocean Rain is a new lust.

Regardless, if all works out, the first for me this month will be Oscar de la Renta pour Lui (Vintage).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I just blind bought Live Jazz, i was gonna do a thread asking what to expect from it, but I figured I would just wait, and hope for the best. I'm looking for a less common refreshing scent, and Live Jazz's description and reviews looked like it was up my alley. It should be coming tomorrow, so we'll see.
    I bought this one blind recently, too. I'm not caring much for it so far. I'm going to try it a couple more times to see if I develop a taste for it, but it's one of the few blind buys I regret. I hope you enjoy yours when you get it. I know it has lots of fans on here.

I did a blind buy of live jazz and didn't like it and did a blind buy of Nemo and loved it

I thought that I am done with fragrance purchasing atleast for few months but after so many positive comments on Nightflight here on basenotes I have 30ml on its way to me. It should better be good!