Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What are people really looking for when they buy a new fragrance?

Before I developed the concept of a "wardrobe" (pre-Basenotes as it were), I used to only have one or two frags at time. When I would go out to purchase a new frag it was with the idea of updating my scent.

My routine at the time was to tell the SA that i was looking for something new and to ask for suggestions. I would then try 3 - 5 new scents and pick one based purely on the top notes (which I didn't know I was doing at the time). After that I would walk away blissfully ignorant and spray away until I thought I was getting out-of-date.

Banned
    Blog Entries

People in America are just looking to smell "clean". Anything with a blue or green or clear bottle, anything with "fresh" or "sport" or "blue" in the name, is good enough.

That's why I want to visit France for at least a month. I have a feeling I wouldn't want to leave. Between the french perfumes and the sexy French accent, I doubt I'd want to leave. They don't want to smell clean over there. Clean is waaaaay beneath the French.

^^^^ I loved that line about "it smells like a woman who neglects herself"
    Tom Ford Splits: ORIGINAL AMBER ABSOLUTE AVAILABLE (PreReformulation)!!!
    ONE LEFT:
    Italian Cypress, Azure Lime, Costa Azzura, Patchouli Absolu, Mandarino Di Amalfi

Also: Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Neroli Portofino, Lavender Palm, Plum Japonais, Champacca Absolute
    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads