Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default S o t D, Thursday, 3 June 2010

GooD MorninG Have a Wonderful Thursday Everyone

Today i am in C H A N E L Allure ED Toilette
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Default Re: S o t D, Thursday, 3 June 2010

Good morning everyone. Sunny day here for a change!
    I have chosen Prada Infusion d'Iris for a journey to East Anglia
    (or East Angular, as the late-departed Jade Goody would say.)

Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford

DeepSilence

good Morning
    Today i don't like to wear anything. maybe Bvlgari Black at evening.

Armand Basi In Red today, seems like I wear it very often this season -- citrus, jasmine, cardamom.

Welcome to East Anglia today, Kewart!

I am insanely busy at work today in Jolie Madame. So should that be Jolie Madwoman???!!!

This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Morning all!

I'm in Muguet des Bois and off to my daughter's Student of the Month breakfast.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Live Jazz this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Sur la Plage

My Scent of the day is Etat Libre d'Orage - Jasmin et Cigarettes.

Notes include jasmine absolute, tobacco, hay, apricot, tonka bean, turmeric, cedar, amber and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

The local news aired my segment on the rescue of the honeybee swarm yesterday. It was really cool. I sent the photos to my daughter's science teacher....she might want to have the bee keeper come in to speak to the kids.

I'm wearing Rosine's LE Une Rose au Bord de la Mer, a rose ambrette fragrance for summer.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Thumbs up Re: S o t D, Thursday, 3 June 2010

CARON
    PARIS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hi, everyone!

Sorry to have disappeared lately... I *am* still alive!

Anyhow, today I'm in Diptyque L'eau de Tarocco, from my brand new FB that I purchased a month ago, but which didn't arrive until yesterday!

Just as well, I guess, as I think it really does best in hot and humid weather, which we've certainly got in Boston right now! I've heard comments that the musk notes in LdT smell synthetic - I actually think that it might be the saffron, which gives me a similar vibe in Miller et Bertaux's "A Quiet Morning."

Hugs to all... even if you don't think you need 'em.

L’eau de Tarocco Notes: Orange, grapefruit, saffron, cinnamon, rose, ginger, cedar, incense, musk.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 3rd June 2010 at 12:41 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Hermes Vetiver Tonka this morning. Have a great day everyone.

Miller Harris L'air de Rien

Vanille Peach for this cool and damp morning.

Basenotes Plus

Hi, ComDiva, good to see you! I'm taking all the hugs you want to give. xoxo

Helmut Lang eau de parfum. It's so soothing, fresh yet with a soft, smooth warmth to it, too.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Smile Re: S o t D, Thursday, 3 June 2010

I'm enjoying Origins Ginger Essence. I don't know why this one seems to garner many compliments...probably because it smells good!

Afternoon all,

I'm in Blush by Marc Jacobs, an indolic jasmine which more or less smells like green jasmine tea.
    Jasmine deserves better than this, but it's nice enough for a hot summer day.
    The lasting power is crap though, after about four hours I feel the need to spritz again.

I'm trying Elixir des Merveilles for the first time. It's luscious and gorgeous, but not for me for some reason. Perhaps it's a touch too masculine for me. Or perhaps it's just too classy for me!

I haven't been around as often as I used to. I've been busy with various things. I hope everybody is well. I think of you all the time. ♥

Blog Entries

Good morning/afternoon ladies.

Today for me (again)

CREED EROLFA

Like an addict, I keep coming back to this one.

Madini Alma de Alma

Have a great Thursday!

Hello everyone!

I'm in Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre today - a beautiful, luminous iris. This has been discussed recently as a less-expensive alternative to Iris Poudre and I can definitely smell a resemblance, but I think they're different enough to warrant owning both...and if you lke Iris Poudre for the sparkling aldehydes and powder, then Ferre might not be very satisfying. But the extra florals and succulent fruit of Ferre supporting all the iris is gorgeous, and the addition of creamy magnolia just makes me swoony. They were both created by Pierre Bourdon and they're both iris-centric so certain similarities are inevitable, but I own and love Ferre and still covet a FB of Iris Poudre.

Top Notes: bergamot, melon, pineapple, iris leaves
    Middle Notes: ylang-ylang, magnolia, freesia, lily-of-the-valley, rose, jasmine, iris
    Base Notes: iris root, sandalwood, basmati rice, vanilla, amber, musk

Y'all have a great day!

Basenotes Institution

ComDiva- welcome back and hugs to you too !
    This morning I am in CdG Champaca.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hello, my busy beauties. So good to see you, ComDiva. The top/wet notes of L’eau de Tarocco are some of my very favoritest of all time! We ♥ you, too, lilybelle!

Am wearing Helena Rubenstein Barynia from Musse. There’s perfumey good and there’s perfumey bad. This is perfumey good. Barynia (which means lady of the manor or mistress of the estate in Russian) is a rich floral with a bit of natural sweetness and that appeals to me very much. I'm reminded of two favorites (Dunay Sabi and Guerlain With Love) which, if I didn't have them, I'd be turning to Barynia often.

Now to follow up on RHM's bee news …
    Last edited by Quarry; 3rd June 2010 at 02:33 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Wow! It's fragrant in here! RHM, I'm interested in your story. ComDiva, hello! I'm off to work in a tasteful cloud of Vanille Galante.

P.S. to Tarheel and Roberto: I'm drooling over your choices today. Both are must-try for me!

DeepSilence

2 weeks ago i added about 15 drops Jil Sander in 5 ml Rochas Man. several minutes ago i tried it. Jil Sander has Lavander and Violet in combination. and it's floral IMO. Mixture smells Rochas yet, but more feminine. you try it with 25 drop Jil Sander. I think i made a classy formal feminine fragrance. Present for you
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 3rd June 2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Wrong Information, i remembered now

Notorious by Ralph Lauren

Good Morning All. I've finished my sample of Emilio Pucci ' VIVARA ' amd I'm totally obsessed with this scent. I have to purchase a bottle as soon as possible! I never thought I was plagued with OCD but now I just might change my mind. I have a feeling this might be my Holy Grail frag. for the summer.Top notes: Galbanum, Bergamot, Ameretto. Middle: Orange Flower, Jasmine, Narcissus. Bottom: Iris, Vetver, Patchouli. A classic chypre fragrance, but by no means linear, very senusous, personally I think it could be a unisex fragrance. The bottle design is very retro, It makes me happy just looking at it!

Good morning!

I'm so glad we got an update on the bee story -- it's just so fascinating.

I thought it would be fun to do a run of A to Z scents of the day (except I don't have any Z fragrances, so it will actually be A to Y). Today I had a choice -- I could have worn L'Air du Temps, my new sample of Amaranthine, or Escada Acte 2 (which I've tried once and which struck me as NASTY), but instead I'm in Gucci Accenti, which is a great way to start anything. Luscious fresh orange opening, that deepens into deep rich orange and red fruits macerated in something wonderful. I smell good enough to eat, without smelling like a cupcake or a package of vending-machine candy.

Iranian Still Life, Enzi Shahmiri
    Last edited by Thalia; 3rd June 2010 at 07:05 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Cologne du 68 by Guerlain

Nice to see you ComDiva - you've been missed. I have a sample of that Diptyque, I have to get around to wearing it...but I am so saffron-phobic, I'm a bit scared.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 3rd June 2010 at 04:09 PM.

ComDiva and lilybelle -- nice to see you both!

In Amouage Dia today. Take care, all.

I'm wearing JPG X today.

Blog Entries

Hello Everyone!
    Y'all smell fabulous!
    Seems like I've fallen off the face of the Earth, but I haven't really. Just several out of town all day workshops and catching up at work afterward. No time to play. That's just plain wrong

I'm in Noa Fleur by Cacharel today. In 2000 I smelled it in duty free and fell in love. I wasn't able to afford anything back then, so perfume was out of question, but I am glad to be reunited via a sample that came from a dear friend. I still can see why I liked it back then, but I've tried so many more things lately, and the lasting power seems a little disappointing. I'll try to apply a little more later.

Carthusia Aria di Capri from a generous basenoter's sample... not long-lasting but nice springy sunshiny scent.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

My parents came back from a trip this morning and brought me back a cologne as a gift ! My scent of the day is Tabu cologne by Dana .I REALLY LOVE this spicy/clean/floral/amber .Tabu is bound to become a wardrobe staple in my orientals (my mother wore it too when I was a tiny tot ,but switched to Tea Rose/Pleasures/Splendor/Jessica McClintock as her later regular fragrances.

Blog Entries

Another beautiful day here in the Bay Area following the coldest month of May on record. Warmth and sunshine, finally! I'll continue to try and master this new concept of "bed rest" out on the back porch with the sun, sky, birds, flowers, and my passel of cats around me. Gucci Envy will be perfect for this!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

30 Roses, your roses must be stunning. Your avatars are so beautiful, I can almost smell the blooms. Congrats to your dgter.

Actiasluna, how is your back? If you gave an update on another thread, I didn't see it. I'm in and out these days.

Wearing Vol de Nuit today. Why I don't wear it more often is a mystery b/c it suits me to a T.

Have a great Thursday, everyone.

AM: Lumière Noire Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    PM: Creed Acqua Fiorentina

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Cuir de Russie Chanel
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Drive by posting today... hope everyone is well! Y by Yves Saint Laurent.

Hi, all!
    It was sunny only for a few hours this a.m. Now it's overcast again, so, to cheer myself up, I've been wearing Yves Saint Laurent's...

[from a vintage mini]
    RHM, is your darling beestory available on your news network's video archives? Maybe you could post a link. We'd love to see it.

Bye, all.
    Last edited by Lyndy Hop; 3rd June 2010 at 07:23 PM.

Hello everyone, I've been absent for a few weeks... This May has been the busiest and RAINIEST that I ever recall.

Now that it is June, I will try to be more consistent.

Started the morning off in a sample of the new Chloe, which was friggin' AWFUL!!! Horrid, synthetic, cheap smelling, headache inducing, nauseating. I tried to keep it on, but just HAD to scrub it off after a half hour or so. I never want to smell it again, ever.

Moving on to SSS Wood Violet.

Have a fab day!

Busy meeting day. Natori is perfect for meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I have chosen Prada Infusion d'Iris for a journey to East Anglia
    (or East Angular, as the late-departed Jade Goody would say.)
    Hee! Did you take the ferry or the plane? :)

Aloe plants, rocks near entrance to lion cave. 1906

Caron, Fleurs De Rocaille vintage Eau De Cologne, which has one of those magic sprayers mentioned by CRose a while back. I'm pretty sure it's choc full of CFC's, to propel such a fine mist! Mmmm, propellant! I also have a splash of Paco Rabanne Calandre on each wrist. A blind buy - I think I got overexcited about aldehydes, and that I have found my Mother's b'day present! It may be because I am dog tired, but this is instant toothgrinding headache on me. Mum should love it though!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Howdys!

Ran out the door too early to post SofD this morning, but I'm still wearing vintage

Scent twins with Vintage Vogue

TGIT, y'all!
    Last edited by synergy; 3rd June 2010 at 08:05 PM.
    I am operating within established parameters. How are you?

Back from Santa Fe vacation yesterday -- and couldn't sleep last night (thunderstorm, worried dog) so am dragging through this day with Chanel 19 to cheer me up. (the current 19 edt spray has the second best sprayer in my collection, Petra! I really appreciate how luxe the fine mist feels!)
    (Think I'll smile every time I wear my Jolie Madame/MADWOMAN in the future, soirdelune, now that you've renamed it!)
    Feels like a reunion today on basenotes! Hugs to all you fragrant folk! Look out for bees!

Hello,

I was wearing Chanel No. 5 perfume, today.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotD - Égoïste
    SotE - Chanel Pour Monsieur
    SotN - N°19

SL Rousse.

Jolie Madame

Basenotes Institution

Bloomy - I feel for you- the new Chloe is pretty bad but humungous sillage and lasting power .

This afternoon my perfect gardenia perfume - Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVogue View Post

Actiasluna, how is your back? If you gave an update on another thread, I didn't see it. I'm in and out these days.

Wearing Vol de Nuit today. Why I don't wear it more often is a mystery b/c it suits me to a T.

Have a great Thursday, everyone.
    Went to work today after "strong-arming" the UC doc and my PCP into giving me the right meds for my constitution (with my sister's help...) the difference between me yesterday morning and me this morning was pretty amazing... (yesterday it took me more than a few minutes to even get out of bed... this morning I was sore but not incapacitated.) So I'm on the mend!

This afternoon I'm in Aramis Classic Reserve over the drydown of vintage Guerlain Vetiver that was put on over the second spritz of Carthusia Aria di Capri breezily disappeared from my skin. A nice breezy scent, but not long-lasting, definitely mediterranean feel to that one.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVogue View Post
    30 Roses, your roses must be stunning. Your avatars are so beautiful, I can almost smell the blooms. Congrats to your dgter.
    Thanks! I had fun photographing them!

I'll be putting more photos up in my albums (on my profile page) as they come into bloom. "Fragrant Plum" (purple) hasn't opened yet, and "Full Sail" (a white rose which we jokingly call "Fabric Softener", because its scent didn't quite live up to the catalog's description) has just opened up today.

Dzongkha.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Luctor et Emergo today. It's a complicated relationship: I want it, I don't want to spend the money on it.

ComDiva, the L’eau de Tarocco sounds interesting. Can't believe that Mike is afraid of a little saffron!

SotE is Purple Patchouli. It's so weird, but I think I love it. The more I wear it, the more I can smell the patchouli, which is a good thing.

Orazuli

Montauk by Bond No.9
    Gary

Chamade EDT (Guerlain)

Just returning from my trip home to Fayetteville NC. I had a blast with my classmates. My high school has a reunion every Memorial Day w/e. I wasn't able to post my SOTD's. I'm on the last leg of my 16 hr shift and I'm doing it in my beloved Alien. Man I love this stuff.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com