Code of Conduct

Default What to purchase at Neimans

I have a balance of around $160 on a nm gift card after purchasing TF Tuscan Leather and have been thinking about what other bottle to purchase from there. I am thinking about Oud Wood or perhaps Italian Cypress but I'm looking for other ideas. Creed is pretty much out of the question... any other ideas?

Default Re: What to purchase at Neimans

You can buy some Maison Francis Kurkdjian or try one of the new Atelier available there.

Thanks for the advise... the Atelier Katana looks good - I will be sure to check them out.

You may not like Creeds, but I believe most are around $135 or so for 75ml.

I like creeds... I just have too many already as is. I think they are also 180 for 75ml.

I would maybe get one of the Guerlain exclusive fragrances, like the Les Parisiennes line or the Material line.

Quote Originally Posted by supperman View Post
    I would maybe get one of the Guerlain exclusive fragrances, like the Les Parisiennes line or the Material line.
    I like that idea.

just got back from neimans and no Maison Francis Kurkdjian or any Guerlain's :/ they did have a few of the Atelier fragrances though but not sure they're worth the 180 price tag even with a gift card this one was good: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...735cat25120735
    Last edited by rioni; 3rd June 2010 at 07:32 PM.

The Costume National Pour Homme I'm wearing today is very good, and would not break the bank.

They have all the Acqua di Parmas, so you might look into those. I also like the Guerlain exclusives idea.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    You can buy some Maison Francis Kurkdjian or try one of the new Atelier available there.
    +1 for the Kurkjian scents.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

You must missed my update they don't have any of the Kurkjian or Guerlain scents :/ I think I might just hold on to the gift card until something I like more comes out

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    They have all the Acqua di Parmas, so you might look into those...
    This was the first thing I thought of myself. Either Colonia Assoluta or Colonia would seem like the perfect summer citrus scents. Maybe even get the EdT and some bath products?

I have Colonia already and love it I may have to check out some of the others from them though

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    This was the first thing I thought of myself. Either Colonia Assoluta or Colonia would seem like the perfect summer citrus scents. Maybe even get the EdT and some bath products?

Blog Entries

There seem to be a couple of "levels" of Neiman Marcuses, with only a select few having FK, and only one or two having the Guerlain exclusifs.

You don't have your wardrobe listed - how are you doing for L'Artisan or Lutens? Those Van Cleef & Arpels exclusives are nice - try sniffing the iris one and the cologne noire. Or don't spend it all on one thing: perhaps a Hermes Jardin frag, a Havanna reissue, and one of those nice Ritz Paris amber candles they're pushing now?
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Sounds like you've got a lot of good stuff already and a nose that knows quality. I'd say your most reliable action would be to go there and smell everything and take home what you like most.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Tricky thing too is we don't know what his Niemans stocks. Here in Los Angeles, Niemans has no Lutens, no L'Artisan. They're big on Creed and Tom Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by supperman View Post
    +1

If I could afford this level of puchasing I would focus more on exclusives. As it stands I can't and I am focusing on classics and discontinueds and some low-end "what-the-hell-would-that-smell-like".

Try a sample of Van Cleef & Arpels Bois d' Iris. Neiman's carries this. A fantastic iris and wood scent. It is the best iris fragrance, I think. It is right up there with Iriss by Xerjoff and La Pausa 28 from Chanel. Neiman Marcus also carries the full line of Cartier fragrances - you might enjoy the Cartier Declaration L' Essence - a great fresh wood scent. Also they have Hermes - Eau d' Hermes, Gentian Blanche, and Pamplemouse Rose are all worthy of a look. If you do spring for a Creed I recomend you have them open the box and test the juice in the actual bottle you are wanting to purchase because the testers at Neiman's often are entirely different in formula than the more recent bottles that are on their inventory shelf. This tip came from my SA at Neiman's in Dallas - Andrew - a very sharp guy. Happy shopping!

Yes, I think my Neimans is similar to yours as far as the fragrance selection. What's odd is that they carry top end clothing in full departments such as Kiton, Brioni and Oxxford.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Tricky thing too is we don't know what his Niemans stocks. Here in Los Angeles, Niemans has no Lutens, no L'Artisan. They're big on Creed and Tom Ford.

I looked online at niemans.com and it looks like I could use my gift card on the exclusives that are on the site if I wanted to. Problem is that I'd have to buy blind and none of them looked very appealing... other than one called moscau and again I'd prefer not to buy blind (especially at this price).

Quote Originally Posted by NDN-01 View Post
    +1

If I could afford this level of puchasing I would focus more on exclusives. As it stands I can't and I am focusing on classics and discontinueds and some low-end "what-the-hell-would-that-smell-like".
    Awesome suggestions... thanks. I don't believe they stocked van cleef but will check next time I'm in. I'll also try out the others you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Try a sample of Van Cleef & Arpels Bois d' Iris. Neiman's carries this. A fantastic iris and wood scent. It is the best iris fragrance, I think. It is right up there with Iriss by Xerjoff and La Pausa 28 from Chanel. Neiman Marcus also carries the full line of Cartier fragrances - you might enjoy the Cartier Declaration L' Essence - a great fresh wood scent. Also they have Hermes - Eau d' Hermes, Gentian Blanche, and Pamplemouse Rose are all worthy of a look. If you do spring for a Creed I recomend you have them open the box and test the juice in the actual bottle you are wanting to purchase because the testers at Neiman's often are entirely different in formula than the more recent bottles that are on their inventory shelf. This tip came from my SA at Neiman's in Dallas - Andrew - a very sharp guy. Happy shopping!
    Last edited by rioni; 4th June 2010 at 12:08 PM.

I ended up selling the remaining balance of the gift card for a slight loss and purchasing some Bois 1920 extreme online sacks carries much better frags in my area than neimans for some reason.
    Last edited by rioni; 7th June 2010 at 08:08 PM.