Code of Conduct

Default Seeking 2 different reccomendations! :)

Hello fellow Basenoters! I was wondering if perhaps you could help me out once again. I have two fragrances in mind that I would like to further explore their notes in other fragrances. The first one is Dior's Midnight Poison. This is probably one of my favorite fragrances I have ever smelled, I was wondering if there were any Niche offerings that were similar to this? The combination of rose and patchouli with that weird menthol-ey vibe is so amazing and dark, I love it so much!

The other is Le Labo's Neroli 36. I have never tested a fragrance that instantly makes you so happy or is so "feel good" However I am not sure I can justify spending 130 dollars for a meager 50 ml on something so relatively simple. Is there any other fragrance that pulls this happy kick off better? (it can be more than 130 if it is somewhat more complex than N36)

Thanks guys and gals! <3
    I'm not your toy.

Default Re: Seeking 2 different reccomendations! :)

I'm not familiar with Midnight Poison, but I tried Neroli 36... and I must say I actually dislike it quite a bit. Still, if you are looking for a nice neroli based scent with a fresh hint (Neroli 36 is supposed to have a marine note. Somewhere. Don't know where...) try Diptyque L'eau De Neroli, which has more strenght than Le Labo and a sort of happier hint at it, not to mention that it goes for half the price. For a more aggressive (and yet, happy) neroli, Neroli Sauvage by Creed is a good option. No-no on Neroli Portofino Tom Ford, because of it's ridiculous price and because it's quite flat.

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    Neroli Sauvage by Creed is a good option.
    I must admit that I haven't tried many neroli scents, but +1 on the Neroli Sauvage and it's on my to buy list.

It's an excellent scent!

I heard that Neroli 36 has a major dose of Calone in it, I think that is suppose to be the "marine" note. It actually doesn't bother me though I know some people cannot stand that melony calone note.
    I'm not your toy.