Code of Conduct

Default Green Irish Tweed Bottle leaking

Hey Folks,

I bought a bottle of GIT from Neiman Marcus today and when I sprayed it a few times, some of the juice leaked out from the top of the bottle. I bought the 4oz, has this happened to anyone?

Nick

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed Bottle leaking

nope

Yes, Creed frequently has faulty atomizers. I've purchased two that leaked with each spray. Take it back to the store to exchange, for sure.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Sur la Plage

Creed's atomizers are definitely not the best.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

And after awhile, I realized that GIT went stale on my skin, do you think NEIMAN MARCUS would exchange this cologne for another creed if I wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    And after awhile, I realized that GIT went stale on my skin, do you think NEIMAN MARCUS would exchange this cologne for another creed if I wanted to?
    Find out from them. They make the final judgment and any guesses here won't help.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

triple post
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 4th June 2010 at 07:10 PM.

I noticed this too. If you tilt the bottle at all (don't even bother trying it upside down! you'll spill alot) and spray it, some leaks out. Wasteful IMO. I try to keep it as upright as possible, but to me that's sorta unacceptable for a $250 bottle of fragrance, when my 25 dollar ones have no such issues.

I already used a bit of it. But I may take it to the Creed rep at Nordstrom to take a look at it when I get a chance.

Leaky cap indicates air may be getting in all the time and could be oxidizing (Aging) my bottle faster than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I noticed this too. If you tilt the bottle at all (don't even bother trying it upside down! you'll spill alot) and spray it, some leaks out. Wasteful IMO. I try to keep it as upright as possible, but to me that's sorta unacceptable for a $250 bottle of fragrance, when my 25 dollar ones have no such issues.

I already used a bit of it. But I may take it to the Creed rep at Nordstrom to take a look at it when I get a chance.

Leaky cap indicates air may be getting in all the time and could be oxidizing (Aging) my bottle faster than it should be.
    That's some good thinking. I'm glad you pointed these things out. I never thought of the oxidizing you're mentioning or even the good idea to go talk to the manufacturer's rep when he/she is at a store. Good plans and things to consider Checker.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Luckily hasn't happened to me yet.

You should exchange the bottle for another. The lifespan of the fragrance will be reduced if the seal in the pump is not intact. I can say that defects in Creed pumps occur occasionally but not much more than other brands. We've been selling Creed fragrances for well over 10 years now and I can honestly say that we've only come across a handful that had defective pumps. I'm sure you can exchange it for another bottle, we've done it for customers in the past.

Raffy
    Parfums Raffy
    http://www.parfumsraffy.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Yes, Creed frequently has faulty atomizers. I've purchased two that leaked with each spray. Take it back to the store to exchange, for sure.
    I have heard this, too. Disaster when shipped in a box. Exchange or get a refund.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
    You should exchange the bottle for another. The lifespan of the fragrance will be reduced if the seal in the pump is not intact. I can say that defects in Creed pumps occur occasionally but not much more than other brands. We've been selling Creed fragrances for well over 10 years now and I can honestly say that we've only come across a handful that had defective pumps. I'm sure you can exchange it for another bottle, we've done it for customers in the past.

Raffy
    Parfums Raffy
    http://www.parfumsraffy.com

Good luck telling this (leakiness) to an online dealer, after your 30 day return policy.

THIS is why I stressed buying from authorized, retail dealers like Raffy, Neiman's, Creed Boutique, ect... Because they are willing to provide exceptional service for the exceptional price you pay.

Let this be another lesson learned, future Creed (or any expensive fragrance) dwellers.
    Last edited by G Man; 5th June 2010 at 05:41 PM.