Code of Conduct

Default Etat Libre Tilda Swinton "Like This"

Just received my bottles today from the UK. Huge relief and much-delayed gratification, as the retailer had to reship due to the first parcel being lost!

I love the top notes, which are a citrus-floral that don't remind me of any other scent I've sampled, and quickly one can identify a very piquant fresh ginger note. It has quite a buzz and is fairly zesty for awhile -- not a soft, musky comfort scent. Which is not to say that it's brash in any way; it's very pleasant and bright, but soft. The other impression I have is hard to describe: it's not powdery, but there's something about this fragrance that reminds me of certain women's cosmetics -- perhaps a lipstick smell, and I don't mean that in a bad way.

As it wears, it becomes less zesty, and after a good hour or two, immortelle is the most apparent part of the composition, under which one can detect soft musk and the slightest hint of vetiver.

Strength & sillage = low to moderate.
    Lasting power = fairly low; very close to the skin after three hours.
    Falls a bit on the feminine side of the unisex dividing line, but not extremely so.

Default Re: Etat Libre Tilda Swinton "Like This"

Thank you for the critique. I like the ELdO line overall and am interested in the "celebrity scents": Rossy di Palma, Tilda Swinton and Josephine Baker.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

I am wearing this now, for the 1st time, from a sample.

It is not instant love, to say the least...there is something about the top notes (citrus and ginger) that come across slightly raspy and aldehydic. I tend to dislike these sort of top notes, but I'm going to give this a bit more time on skin before I jump to any conclusions.

And yes, as kärleksparfym said above, there is something that smells like a makeup bag, and I don't think it's iris. I can't put my finger on it. Some sort of nitro musk or polymer smell.

ELDO is so weird.

I like the Ad campaign, not eager to smell it though. Most of the ELDO scents I've tried haven't been the best. They smell like cheap dollar store perfumes.

IMO, One of the most brilliant fragances of recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Most of the ELDO scents I've tried haven't been the best.
    Feel more or less the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Most of the ELDO scents I've tried haven't been the best.
    Feel more or less the same.