Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Pure Parfum application.

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Ah, "addlepate"... there's a word to conjure with! (or with which to conjure. LOL)... The tissue particles ruined the CdR? Ouch!
    I think the word "idiot" is just too tame for how I felt at the time... LOL!

The CdR is not really ruined, but you can still see the "faintest" trace of residue at the bottom of the bottle, which still has about 8 mls in it..
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Hahaha... you need to go a little more "shi shi" on your spritzing devices, seems to me! (at least encrust 'em with rhinestones or something.)
    That actually brings up something I've been wondering about. Does anyone know of a place online that sells nice little atomizers? I mean, really nice? Enameled, engraved, otherwise decorated? Google Scholar hasn't been able to help me on this one. It doesn't matter so much, but a nice bottle, for me, is also part of the enjoyment...

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    I put the bottle against my body. Am I the only one who does this?
    I thought I was the only one! I resort to this when I don't have an atomizer dedicated to the fragrance.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

I do the same thing as Kumquat, I put the open bottle against my wrist, crook of elbow and décolletée, tilt the parfum onto my skin and afterward touch my wrists and arms together to disperse the scent. If the bottle has a nice enough stopper, such as some of my Caron, Carven and Patou scents I just use the stopper to apply.
    I give not a thought to contamination of scents. they all smell just as lovely as when I first opened them. I do only apply extrait after showering, on clean skin, so that must make a difference...I guess? Too many other things in life to worry about, at least for the time being.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by carmencanada View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who uses sterile plastic pipettes to take out a drop?
    Me too.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    The CdR is not really ruined, but you can still see the "faintest" trace of residue at the bottom of the bottle, which still has about 8 mls in it..
    If the residue is all at the bottom of the bottle, and it bothers you to look at it, maybe you could "vacuum" it up with a pipette? Rather like a bottom-feeding fish sucks up food from the ocean floor. Then transfer that residue-filled liquid bit to another bottle and use it first.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 6th June 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I've also heard of folks straining perfume through a coffee filter to get rid of flotsam. Since you have a relatively small amount left, though, it may not be worth it.

Blog Entries

There certainly is a large number of posts to this thread and I, for one am glad. I have learned the combined experience and knowledge of many sage fragranceurs. My thanks to you all. I have read all posts with great interest.

I decanted 2ml of my N°5 into a small atomizer yesterday,
    applyed some on my arm, but I'm still not impressed.
    I still think the EdP is both stronger, has more longevity and
    better sillage than the parfum. Total bummer! I could have
    gotten a 100ml bottle of EdP instead of that flimpsy parfum!

I decant into a spray. Love it!

A~~