Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro Visit for men, worth owning?

What can you tell about it? I can get it relatively cheap, never tried it but I will before I buy.

Longevity, sillage, occasions?

Tnx in advance.

Default Re: Azzaro Visit for men, worth owning?

Absolutely worth owning if you like cedar and incense with a bit of muskiness. Great longevity and mega sillage. It's definitely not a subtle skin scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Absolutely worth owning if you like cedar and incense with a bit of muskiness. Great longevity and mega sillage. It's definitely not a subtle skin scent.
    uuu, nice, might like that one very much then

I find it similar to Cacharel Nemo, but more wearable.

I bought Visit by Azzaro blind a couple of years ago and I didn't like it at all at first. I almost gave it away, but I decided to give it a chance, since I bought 100 ml. Well, the more I wore it, the more I began to appreciate its complexities. The cedar wood, which I initially found to be almost overpowering, is eventually mellowed quite effectively by the incense note. The use of nutmeg is also well done. I now think Visit by Azzaro is a great fragrance: very dry and woody, modern, with very good projection and sillage and exceptional longevity (a good 12 hours on my skin). I have nothing like it in my wardrobe. Highly recommended.

I tend to really like wood-dominant scents, and this one is extremely woody. Cedar is the dominant note, but I detect some other wood notes in there too, including maybe some pine in the opening. It is an extremely dry scent. My only criticism is that it's not particularly original - smells like it's trying to acheive an aquatic-like freshness and coolness with the use of wood notes. Longevity and sillage are very good. I like Visit.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I quite like Visit myself. But if you find it too sharp or woody, try Bright Visit. Feels more like a vetiver aquatic.

I bought the Visit gift pack the week it came out--complete with "Visit body massage oil" and special Visit candle of romance to take to da laydee's place before the massaging begins.

Can you find all that great stuff, Z? Hehehe!

Reviews above nail Visit. It's good stuff and does exactly what sets for itself. Not one to regret.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

wow, tnx ppl, I see a lot of lovers here and I checked reviews, obviously this one goes in my collection, still have to try it, though.

Absolutely. Go for it.

Blog Entries

I have a bottle of Visit but, since I discovered Tumulte by Christian Lacroix I use it more. Unfortunaely Tumulte is hard to find but, well worth it. Tumulte has cedar in the top, middle and, base notes.

is visit whole year frag, or winter frag? Doesn't really strike me as summer...

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    I find it similar to Cacharel Nemo, but more wearable.

LOL!

I find Visit similar to Cacharel Nemo, but I find Nemo more wearable. Nemo seems warmer and more sensual to me. More 'grown up' without being mature.

But Visit is very good.
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 4th June 2010 at 05:40 PM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

A gourmand, sweet-spicy, versatile all-year frag with good projection and above average lasting power
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 4th June 2010 at 06:05 PM.

Sorry, double post, please ignore
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 4th June 2010 at 05:54 PM.

So it seems to be summer evening, and winter day/evening fragrance... I've heard about Chacharel Nemo and how some ppl are sorry for that one being discontinued...

Judging by your wardrobe, and you liking for Kouros, you may like this. It does start off very dry and somewhat animalic similar to Dirty English. For me, the opening isn't worth sticking around for the dry down. Openings always project more, and if the opening isn't appealing to me, I'm not gonna want others to smell it. Although the dry down does sweeten up and get nicer.

well, Azzaro never dissapointed me They were able to make an old school fragrance in 21. century, Silver Black/Onyx. Great masculine stuff, potent, I'm expecting nothing less from Visit

One more vote here. It's warm with nutmeg and incense and woods. I like Nemo but I think Visit is warmer and with more projection and of course, longevity. I'm really happy that I own a bottle.

For what it costs, it's definitely worth owning. I think of it as the poor man's Sequoia.

There are great reviews for this one but I think it is massively overrated. I bought it when I saw a small 30ml bottle but soon got rid of it. To me it's not a versatile smell and not that good.

I'd just like to add - I've owned Nemo and Visit at various points, and never saw a relationship between them. Nemo is much sweeter, with heavy fruit notes and some incense. Feels very synthetically sweet. Visit is a lot more woody, spare and dry. I prefer Visit, and would still own it if it didn't have so much nutmeg in it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I don't find it sharp at all. On me, it is extremely smooth and somewhat sweet. The comparisons to the brash M7 which are bandied about are completely different from my experience. I like it, but it is rather too smooth for me. You will probably like it if you enjoy smooth frags with nutmeg, cedar, and a bit of incense.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Nemo is much sweeter, with heavy fruit notes and some incense. Feels very synthetically sweet.
    Yes, that makes it a bit hard for me to wear Nemo, although the drydown is good. I'm wearing Nemo today to see how it goes. This thread makes me want to get Visit again, but I've got too many in the theme (Nemo, Tumulte pH, Lalique pH Equus, and Amouage XXV).

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    well, Azzaro never dissapointed me They were able to make an old school fragrance in 21. century, Silver Black/Onyx. Great masculine stuff, potent, I'm expecting nothing less from Visit
    Visit is much better than Onyx.

Alas I could not find Visit so I could try it because the only place that had it, removed it and its place took Chrome Sport...uhm :O

I'm gonna have to go blind on this one...
    Last edited by Zgb; 5th June 2010 at 12:56 PM.

I like the smell of Visit, but for some reason, I just feel it doesn't project and last as much as others say. I find it quite easy to wear, actually. It sounds silly, but I think this is a safe blind buy. Somewhat same genre as Nemo, but I owned Nemo and just don't think they are that similar. Nemo actually gave me a headache for some reason .
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I like the smell of Visit, but for some reason, I just feel it doesn't project and last as much as others say. I find it quite easy to wear, actually. It sounds silly, but I think this is a safe blind buy. Somewhat same genre as Nemo, but I owned Nemo and just don't think they are that similar. Nemo actually gave me a headache for some reason .
    I own Azzaro PH, Azzaro Chrome and Azzaro Onyx/silver black - all three have immense longevity and projection, obviously this house holds highly to such things. I even think chrome sport might be very good in those terms, even though I did not try it as I'm reluctant towards ˝sport˝ scents.