Code of Conduct

Default Aramis Chromatics

Did anyone ever try this when it was out? When did it disappear? What did it smell like?

As some of you know, Aramis is by far my favourite house and, over the years, I've at least sampled every Aramis frag. Except for Chromatics. It's haunted me for years and I've not known a single person who's tried it. I've read that it had vague similarities to 900 and also Caron Yatagan, but nothing firmer than that.

Someone on BN must know...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aramis Chromatics

Quote Originally Posted by great_badir View Post
    Did anyone ever try this when it was out? When did it disappear? What did it smell like?

As some of you know, Aramis is by far my favourite house and, over the years, I've at least sampled every Aramis frag. Except for Chromatics. It's haunted me for years and I've not known a single person who's tried it. I've read that it had vague similarities to 900 and also Caron Yatagan, but nothing firmer than that.

Someone on BN must know...
    I had to reply when I saw your post- I am 54 years old and I used Aramis Chromatics in the 1970's. I remember it being available around 1972 to perhaps 1975 or so. I do remember when it was discontinued and the line was on sale- I asked the Aramis counter girl why it was being discontinued and she said it was "too advanced for most people" and wasn't popular and didn't sell in the U.S. I remember she said it was more of a European fragrance. I still have a glass bottle of the cologne and a small plastic bottle of the after shave (that came in an Aramis gift set given to my brother-in-law: he never used the Chromatics and I saved it!). There is very little left now in each. I would describe the fragrance as citrus and floral-HYACINTH is the one fragrance that very much comes to mind. I use to hoard the amounts I had left by only using them on Easter! It was not at ALL like Aramis 900, which I never liked. I'm sorry to say that I am not familiar with Caron Yatagan. I'd like to find some just to compare. Another memory I have is that there was a Chromatics product beyond After Shave and Cologne- it was more concentrated, like perhaps an eau de toillete for men, and it came in a bottle that was not clear- it was all shiny silver paint. It had a special name like "ultra cologne" or something and it was very costly- too costly for my teenage budget! I never got to own a bottle and it wasn't available for sampling. I went on to use many 1970's fragrances before finally finding the love of my life in 1982, JHL Cologne, which I have stuck with to this day. But, I think that Chromatics should be re-released as perhaps society has finally evolved to the point where it would be understood!