Code of Conduct

Default Disney World Next Week...hoping to sample the offerings of the scent world at Epcot!

Taking my family to Disney World in a few days. Naturally, I'll be scoping the scene for scents I don't normally come across.

Looking forward to seeing if there are any Guerlain variants of note, and also what Italian offerings may be on hand. I have not been there in six years.

I hope to resist the lure of Geir Ness...it hooks me in every time. Any suggestions as to what I should be on the lookout for?

Default Re: Disney World Next Week...hoping to sample the offerings of the scent world at Epcot!

Go to the Guerlain boutique and have a wonderful time!

I would steer clear of the newer offerings (Elixirs Charnels and the Voyages Olfactifs) and concentrate on the classics: Habit Rouge--esp in the parfum--along with Derby and Jicky. Also try the Mouchoir de Monsieur. All in all, buy what your nose likes!
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Default Re: Disney World Next Week...hoping to sample the offerings of the scent world at Epcot!

I visited Epcot in March, Chuck. As it appears you already know, Epcot is surprisingly rich in fragrance offerings. What I like about Epcot is that it offers a slightly different selection than you might find in your average American mall.

Without a doubt, your first stop should be Guerlain - try the Beau Cavalier EdP version of Habit Rouge, not easily found elsewhere but they regularly stock it at Epcot. They have all of the classic feminine extraits - Mitsouko, Shalimar, etc., but they also carry Sous Le Vent and Vol de Nuit (in EdT only, I think). I routinely give the Dior and Chanel SAs my 2c worth for not carrying their houses' more intersting scents (no Chanel Exclusifs, alas!). Annick Goutal always tempts me, but I haven't succumbed yet.
    The Italy pavilion is awash in fragrances. They have the entire Bvlgari line, and I believe most or all of the Acqua di Parma line. Almost pulled the trigger on Profumo this time, but it was just a little too feminine and I didn't believe I could justify its cost just to sit on my shelf unused.
    I feel your pain regarding Neir Gess. The Norway gift shop reeks of it, and each time I visit I promise myself that I'll buy a bottle. But I've resisted that purchase too because it's a bit too sweet for my taste.
    The British shop stocks Miller Harris, but no Penhaligon or Czech & Speak. Bummer.
    Have a great time, Chuck. It may be a bit warm and humid this time of year, but it should satisfy your fragrance hunting needs for a while.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 5th June 2010 at 12:23 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post

I hope to resist the lure of Geir Ness...it hooks me in every time. Any suggestions as to what I should be on the lookout for?
    What is it about Geir that makes you want to avoid it? I've never smelled it and was wondering what the problem is with this one.

Well, Geir smells nice enough, but it can be a little sweet and cloying. I want to avoid it because I have owned it at least twice, and I sold/swapped it each time. Don't want to give in to the temptation yet again.

Have fun! I had a season pass that just expired, but I had my sniffer's worth. France and Italy are the stars, and Norway is great too since the whole area smells of Geir. Check out the Shopping Guide here for more: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/177...t-Disney-World
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!