Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Homme L'eau thoughts?

Anyone have any thoughts on Guerlain Homme L'eau (not the regular or intense versions)? I wore Live Jazz today, and while it's one of my favourite fragrances, it doesn't do very well in intense or humid heat at all.

I do have a small sample of the regular Guerlain Homme, and it did sort of give off a similar vibe, but I found it waaaay too sharp and acidic. On the other hand, I hear that the L'eau "edition" of it is a lot more balanced and toned down. I was just wondering if it still has the horribly sharp punch to it?

Default Re: Guerlain Homme L'eau thoughts?

Wearing it today for a test and to my nose it's a poor shadow of the EDT, smells like the watered down drydown of the original, sans any lime/mojito (which to me was the only redeeming quality of the original EDT). It just smells too anemic and deathly boring without the spunk of the EDT, honestly, if I had smelled this blind for the first time and was told that it's a Guerlain I woulda loughed out loud (and make a fool of myself...)

The longevity is pretty bad too, after less than two hours it's just a barely perceptible skin scent. The overall impression - they took the EDT, removed the lime/mint, watered down the cr@p out of it and called it a day. It's almost like they were trying to recreate what the EDT should smell like after 8 hours to a person with a chronic sinus infection. Mission accomplished!

Ouch! That sucks, although not being a big fan of the original in the first place, thankfully I'm not TOO disappointed.

Give it a shot still if you could test it for free at a local store, your mileage may vary. I know that some people on this board who have great taste and better noses than mine liked it. But unfortunately for me, to my nose L'Eau is a nothing but complete waste of perfectly good ISO E Super

l'eau is for hot summer days. i wore regular guerlain homme durign hot days and got dizzy. it was too sweet to overpowering during heat. it someone like g.h. he will like l'eau as a summer flanker. also if someone don't like g.h. he should try l'eau. it's more tunned down and much easier to wear.

Blog Entries

I'm looking forward to trying it - just not sure what to expect. I love the intense because it wears close, and I can deal with the EdT by keeping it light, but it can be a bit sharp and acrid, so I'm thinking that the Eau might be good for me.

Thanks for all the input. It's always different for everybody, so as many people reporting as possible is helpful.

Haven't tried it yet, but hated the original...way too much cotton candy. thanks for reminding me to try the L'Eau version.

I really love the fragrance. I don't find it sweet at all. It projects pretty well on me and the longevity is decent. The best word to describe it would be 'zingy' with a sharp citrus and grapefruit opening. I really enjoy it and it is one of my favorite scents for the summer

Blog Entries

^ That may be the best role for this one - worn like a summer EDC on those blistering hot days. GH is just way too sharp for me when it heats up. And "zingy" is a powerful word for me. Mike P. used that to describe L'Eau de Jatamansi - one of my favorite light grapefruit scents. I'll make a point to sniff this one when I hit the boutique.

I have tried it twice in passing and I am interested enough to try again, for sure. I can't get into details but 'zingy', yes, and it has it's own personality that alludes to Homme - it made me smile. Anyway - not a lost cause on me and a possible for summer, I'll wait till later in the year. I should mention that I like T. Wasser's Cologne du Parfumeur and the idea of another EDC from him that has something a bit different going on, which this one seems to have, is sort of nice. We're talking an Eau de Cologne with a twist for guys here, not haute parfumerie, after all

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I should mention that I like T. Wasser's Cologne du Parfumeur and the idea of another EDC from him that has something a bit different going on, which this one seems to have, is sort of nice.
    Don't know how he did it. Cologne du Parfumeur has bit of a retro feel and honestly quite chic.

I love L'eau. It's one of my favorite grapefruit based scents. I also really enjoy Cologne du Parfumeur quite a bit as well. Two very excellent choices from Guerlain IMO.

Blog Entries

^ Man, between the above 3 posts and mrclmind selling me on Le Voyou, not to mention juice for the wife, I'm going to need a six-pack holder coming out of the boutique!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    ^ Man, between the above 3 posts and mrclmind selling me on Le Voyou, not to mention juice for the wife, I'm going to need a six-pack holder coming out of the boutique!
    Have you sampled Voyou yet? I got Dandy this December too... it's an awesome pair!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Have you sampled Voyou yet? I got Dandy this December too... it's an awesome pair!

AFLAC!!! OK, TWO SIX PACKS!!!

Seriously, I did sample them both, and initially went for Le Voyou, but I spilled my sample next to my bed. Great smelling rug now, and it's almost a buy for sure. Dandy was nice. Yes, it's almost as nice as Le Voyou. In some ways nicer, and very tempting. Oh, rats. I don't need this now.

Redneck, (or anyone interested) if you're hitting a Guerlain Boutique with Les Parisiennes I would suggest just trying Philtre d'Amour before it vanishes forever. It's designated 'femme' but really it's a seriously crisp 'citrus+' that can comfortably stand beside Eau de Guerlain . . . and it sticks around and talks to you for the rest of that day as well