Code of Conduct

Default Zen for Men, why isnt it on basenotes?

Just tried Zen for Men today and want to write a review, basically to spare people. Its GHASTLY. Basenotes needs to put it up.

Default Re: Zen for Men, why isnt it on basenotes?

You can do a service to the site by listing in in the Missing Fragrances section down under Misc. It might take a while but it will be added once it's put on the list. Thanks for the warning, and welcome to Basenotes.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by muskydusky View Post
    Just tried Zen for Men today and want to write a review, basically to spare people. Its GHASTLY. Basenotes needs to put it up.
    I agree - it is ghastly.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yeah it is indeed pretty bad. The bottle looked neat and then things went downhill from there
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Just an fyi - Grant is almost done with some work that will allow the directory to be updated on a large scale. Should be soon!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I don't see why should Shiseido come out with a scent like this. It was a wash off two times, no more chance.

it's not that bad guys.....come on!

Thank you scentimus!
    muskydusky, I've already placed this on the "missing..." thread.
    Actually, I'd like to go ahead and confess that I love this scent. Yes, it's not Basala but it's quite good.

Initially, I tried it and got the similarity with Narciso Rodriguez for him due to the violets and the musk (Kurkdjian is one of the noses on this). I thought it's very mainstream and contemporary, airy, and watery smelling compared to NR. In that combination, I usually get a cucumber type note, perhaps what others refer to as the wet cement note. On subsequent testings, I recognized more of its differences with NR, it's warmth and sweetness--and it's that sweet note that hit me all of a sudden and I did a 180 on it!!!

I love the sweet musk and leather. The purported [Shiseido brand] certian relaxing note really has a comforting effect on me.
    I have a heavy trigger finger but in this case, I think lower doses and merely a whiff is all I need for a wonderful experience.
    I'm so happy to have this in my wardrobe and yes, the bottle is goegeous.
    Just my 2 cents.

May not be on basenotes because it is ghastly
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Its the leaf scent that is in it if they could get that out it would smell good.