Code of Conduct

Default Cheap Alternatives for a student on a budget

Hey guys,

Summer is just starting here in Canada and I'm looking to update my fragrance wardrobe with some new ones. However, I am a student saving for university, so do not have the money to buy Creed or anything in that price range. I really enjoy ADG (what a surprise right?), and Versace Eau Fraiche for fresh citrus/aquatic type scents. Both of my bottles are running low, so do you have any suggestions for alternatives that are $10-25 US?

Also, I need a fragrance that I can wear during the evenings. Any suggestions? I was thinking Cuba Gold?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cheap Alternatives for a student on a budget

If you like aquatics, you have to try Bvlgari Aqva. It's pretty inexpensive, and is very versatile. Also, If you really like AdG, check out Versace Pour Homme. I like to describe it as a mature version of AdG. Others you should sample are L'eau D'Issey, L'eau par Kenzo, Mugler Cologne, and 212 Men. You should be able to find all of these online for less than $50. Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche is also a beautiful lemon fragrance, but I haven't been able to find it for as low a price as the others mentioned (its still not up to the Creed price range though).

Default Cheap Alternatives for a student on a budget

Personally I would recommend testing fragerances that you like and see what type of deals you can find on Amazon.com. Typically I can find main stream colognes I like for around the 25-30 dollar range.

I bought Live Jazz for 20 bucks at scentedmonkey.com.

Perry Ellis 360 red is very similar to ADG at a fraction of the cost. Azzaro Chrome is pretty cheap too and smells great.

I also second PE 360 Red and Chrome, if you like huge bottles, the PE360Red sells 6.7oz (!!) for $40. Another popular AdG replacement on basenotes is Halson Unbound, also very cheap, try amazon.com. To stick with the "summer scents under $25" theme, I'd also recommend Cool Water, Paco Rabanne XS, Curve.

I do love AHS, VPH and Bvlgari Aqva, they're probably in another price range tho.

As a Canadian student, Walmart has treated me pretty well for fragrances. YSL Rive Gauche ($25), YSL Opium ($30), Burberry Brit ($25).
    Current lineup: YSL Opium pH, YSL Rive Gauche pH, Burberry Brit, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, Animale Animale for Men