Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Fragrances and Zodiacal Signs ?

Voters
252. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aries

38 15.08%
  • Taurus

18 7.14%
  • Gemini

22 8.73%
  • Cancer

16 6.35%
  • Leo

18 7.14%
  • Virgo

18 7.14%
  • Libra

30 11.90%
  • Scorpio

20 7.94%
  • Sagittarius

23 9.13%
  • Capricorn

17 6.75%
  • Aquarius

19 7.54%
  • Pisces

13 5.16%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Frags + Zodiacs !?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger View Post
    I'm a Capricorn. Moon in Scorpio and Venus in Aquarius. Trying to be classic, stylish, mysterious, sexy, sensual, intelligent and unique at the same time
    You don't need to try - Capricorns are naturally like this!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Aquarius - but I hate aquatics
    That's coz you're an air sign, not a water sign. Do you like airics?

I'm Aries, (rising and moon Aquarius).

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    You don't need to try - Capricorns are naturally like this!
    Well, of course! And Capricorns are also very polite and friendly to others
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Scorpio

Capricorn, Cancer moon and Gemini ascendant, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by alvinnjoinerIV View Post
    from the same site above...

TAURUS (Apr 21 to May 21): PATCHOULIS
    Ruling Planet: Venus, Element: Fixed Earth
    Earthy notes reflect the earth element of the zodiac and reflects the grounded, traditional nature of these talented ones. Use these fragrances to enhance your natural psychic abilities. Many Taurus’ have the capacity to become psychics, mediums, and faith healers. Your capacity to magnetize others will be enhanced.
    Patchouli Lilac
    Patchouli Oakmoss
    Patchouli Ylang Ylang

i guess i should find a bottle of vintage givenchy gentleman then... or voleur de roses
    TAURUS - and the above is a little surprising.

My favorite frag is Coromandel, I just bought a bottle of vintage Givenchy Gentleman, plus two other patcholi dominant frags...so I guess I'm on cue! I would have thought Taurians like Ferdinand the Bull would have liked florals?
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Quote Originally Posted by Hob Dobson View Post
    R'lyeh reminds me a bit of driving through the Great Dismal Swamp. I should buy a full-sized vial
    Arrived in the mail yesterday!

OK, so I might procrastinate just a bit... but a couple of the "frimps" show promise: Casanova, and Fenris Wolf

Not dispelling the Libra or Aries stereotypes much, am I?

Scorpio

Another Libra here. I tend to lean towards fresh type scents, but enjoy a little of everything. And yes, I'm incredibly indecisive. (sometimes I spend a half hour in the morning going back and forth over what scent fits the day).

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

According to this site.

VIRGO (Aug 23 to Sep 22): FRANKINCENSES
    Ruling Planet: Mercury, Element: Mutable Earth
    The Virgo is a trustworthy friend, always ready to sacrifice for the right cause. Down-to-earth and orderly, frankincense and other earthy based notes reflects their humane, compassionate personality.

These fragrances will bolster your sometimes easily hurt feelings and damaged ego, help maintain continued health, happiness and peace of mind.
    Frankincense Orange Blossom
    Frankincense Patchouli
    Frankincense Sandalwood

I can not think of any fragrance with these mix, especially Frankincense Orange Blossom.

The fragrance with these notes that I have found are
    - Timbuktu
    - Some Amouage
    I would like to have those, but Amouage seems out of my reach.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 30th November 2011 at 12:56 AM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Hello all!

I'd be very interested to see a list of the fragrances star sign is *supposed* to like! Personally I don't really believe in them, however I think there can be a sort of psychological affinity created as many of us read lots of stuff telling us what we are meant to be like, personality wise, and naturally we agree with some of it and maybe even feel proud to be a certain star sign and cultivate those traits a little bit?

As in, I'm a Sagittarius...I sometimes feel like it's my job to be enthusiastic and positive and energetic...But then if I were a Cancer I would probably feel it was my job to be kind, caring and gentle...It's like that experiment they did where they gave 100 people a personality description- they were all the same- and ninety five percent of them reported agreeing with the report and saying it sounded quite like them!

My mum says finds my favourite perfumes rather overpowering, she is a Virgo and prefers subtler scents- so maybe there is something in it
    "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." Dune

My site Esscentual Fragrance- www.designyourownperfume.co.uk

Blog Entries

Oh, interesting, just noticed the link about the connections between fragrances and signs.
    I do like ambers. And I love ylang.

PISCES (Feb 19 to Mar 20): AMBERS
    Ruling Planet: Jupiter & Neptune, Element: Mutable Water
    Sweet, dreamy, floral notes suit the emotional, mystical Pisces. They are creative and flamboyant, with a soft heart. Amber was once thought to be the tears of the Gods. Develop your natural clairvoyant abilities by wearing these fragrances when attempting to contact spirits, read the minds of others, etc.
    Amber Jasmine
    Amber Sandalwood
    Amber Ylang Ylang

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Horoscope books usually describe Librans as "obsessed with beauty." Hmmmmm. . . maybe no surprise that there are so many Libras on here.

Horoscopes have no basis in scientific fact, and should be used for entertainment only, not guidance. Except for the parts that are exceptionally flattering.
    Not the ones I've read.
    But I should say one thing, astrology is extremely tedious once you get down to it, and has lots of quite specific claims etc. Though more open-ended than most common 'astrology' gives the impression of (avoiding BS like you quick and nicely showed) but still all in line with the bigger archetype being discussed (e.g. Sun in Libra) which is also in a larger scheme pretty specific compared to the other archetypes how many they now are. (Then all those individual sign placements are just the tip of the iceberg.) Problem is to much information, (plus hippies, atheists, and everyone else).

Though do you think astrology is dangerous to mental or otherwise a persons health? I don't, only to a few...let them have it. And any astrologer worth the name doesn't meddle in prophesising much anything whatsoever in any real term of the word... Though I fear astrologers are perhaps more rare than Tigers.
    Or, do you think sci-fi books/movies et.c. are only good for entertainment? It doesn't require anything proven for astrology to work and educate in some ways. Star Wars didn't. Astrology is like Star Wars or whatever, "complete fiction" ;-), a study of humans, worthy some consideration. Doesn't require the pieces of puzzle to be nearly all lined up, if they are still there somewhere and you can grasp em, so don't you dare touch it friend. Belief, whole pictures nicely framed, & all that bunk...So passé IMO... I prefer Speed.

I just realized sci-fi is real.........literally (well question of semantics). Like some little description of Aquarius says they are the only sign to do so (I got Uranus rising..).

Though really that there are lots of Libras and Aries people here could easily be explained by the fact that most people just click the first option (i.e. aries) in polls, secondly Virgo in the States atleast I believe is the most common sign (people f*ck at new years), and guess what!?!?!?! Libra is very close to Virgo..!
    Though I doubt that...further research must be concluded. In astrology. Not affiliated with scientism.

And 0.1mhz more OnT: My chart be crazy I like crazy frags.

Capricorn but i had cancer. See, its all bullsht.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    You said "HAD".It's great to be healthy again ...
    Cheers!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Look!!! They're the opposite signs! See? ; D
    Cancer gets a Goat......

On a serious note they say opposite signs tend to develop close relationships. Has to do with how houses in astrology are divied up and how water (cancer) blends well with earth (capricorn)..among other things.
    So say for example you're a Capricorn then you got your lifeforce/ego/creative outlet (whatever is short for "Sun" in astrology) in plenty a Cancer Rising persons (to some extent (Sun in) Cancer peoples as well) 7th houses ....house=area of experience, 7th=1on1/close relationships. Which is why you might attract Cancer.
    Dig!
    Last edited by Heawns; 6th December 2011 at 08:55 AM.

Of course opposites attract. I had several Cancers (I'm Capricorn). I also had several Aquarians, Libras, Leos and Aries, I think. It's all true

Quote Originally Posted by Heawns View Post
    Look!!! They're the opposite signs! See? ; D
    Cancer gets a Goat......

On a serious note they say opposite signs tend to develop close relationships. Has to do with how houses in astrology are divied up and how water (cancer) blends well with earth (capricorn)..among other things.
    So say for example you're a Capricorn then you got your lifeforce/ego/creative outlet (whatever is short for "Sun" in astrology) in plenty a Cancer Rising persons (to some extent (Sun in) Cancer peoples as well) 7th houses ....house=area of experience, 7th=1on1/close relationships. Which is why you might attract Cancer.
    Dig!
    So the melanoma was my fault? Thanks a lot stupid goat sign!

Blog Entries

Addicted and Gemini...!!!

Gemini! I wear whatever I want for that day. (scattered energies)
    I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me. I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's. No time is better than the present.

Blog Entries

I wear about 10 different perfumes on a daily basis...

Geminis & LIbras to me are almost an identical sign.
    I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me. I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's. No time is better than the present.

Blog Entries

Really??? Why do you say that? Thanks

I've gotten along really well with with every Libra I've ever met. I had a cousin once that when we would hang out we would agree on almost everything. I felt at ease being around him, he passed away though. And I have felt like that with every Libra I have ever met. Being a Gemini people usually think were the odd balls of the bunch because of our supposedly split personalities but were just very extreme people (scattered energies). Gemini while being the coolest sign of the Zodiac on a flip of a coin drop of a hat can be very lethal (speaking for myself) but I remain calm & collected most of the time. People refer to us Gemins as very charismatic. Were charming people!

It's a cool hobby being into fragrances but Geminis don't need to wear a fragrance we are our own essence, people from all walks of life are automatically drawn to us. I've had random people come up to me & tell me that they love my charm & I feel blessed. All that while smelling great is a plus.

Blog Entries

I fully agree with you in all of that...Thank you...:-)

Aries here as well. The Ram is strong, add another to the flock.

Blog Entries

The Ram is very strong...I fully agree...:-)