Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default SotD - Saturday the 5th of June

Morning ladies,

MISS DIOR CHRIE

Eau de Parfum

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SotD - Saturday the 5th of June

Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 5th June 2010 at 07:46 AM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

GooD MorninG Have a Wonderful Weekend!!!!!!!!!!

I am Wearing Versus Donna By Versace!!
    It is a sweet floriental but discontinued ...sadly ...
    Fragrance Notes
    top notes
    Aldehydes,Black Currant,Plum,Green Notes,Violet,Raspberry,Peach,Bergamot
    middle notes
    Tuberose,Sandalwood,Jasmine,Lily-of-the-Valley,Rose
    base notes
    Iris-Amber-Musk-Benzoin-Vanilla-Cedar
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Pecksniff's Grapefruit EdP -- for June S'n'S.

Have a glorious weekend, all.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Last edited by Ronin; 5th June 2010 at 10:50 PM.

Afternoon all,

I was going for Colonia for this months Sniff n' Speak, but then a parcel arrived with my latest buy.
    Instead I'm in something completely different; Miss Charming by Juliette has a Gun. Perfect for me who don't do roses much, every single rose scent I've tried seems to have turned sour on my skin. This is perfect.

Thumbs up Re: SotD - Saturday the 5th of June

Patricia de Nicola 's

NICOLA POUR HOMME

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

jardins de bagatelle - guerlain
    Wishlist is pointless.

Basenotes Plus

Jo Malone Sweet Cedar & Lime for today's SnS
    Notes include sweet lime, jasmine, ylang ylang, coconut, tonka bean, pandanus leaf, tamarind, cardamom and cedar

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lubin L'Eau Neuve.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I've gone on a tangent for SnS: Virgin Island Water. It has lime, see? But also coconut.
    Luca Turin disparages this and says it's just an expensive version of a fragrance from Bath and Body Works, but actually, VIW was first. And, while I've tried the BBW version and find it a very good substitute if you're on a budget or are going camping and don't want to take a bottle of Creed along to bake in a tent, personally I prefer my VIW. I find it is just that little bit better balanced and has more longevity.
    Furthermore I still stan by my original review that this stuff is Jack Johnson in a bottle. It just taps you on the shoulder and tells you to relax, dude, don't stress.

So there you have my mantra for the day and I hope the mellow vibes are reaching all the way to all of you.
    Peace, man. x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Herms Eau d'Orange Verte this morning.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa for Sniff-n-Speak Saturday (citrus).

Notes include Calabrian Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Cardamom, Ginger, Mugwort, Neroli, Leather, Cedarwood, Lignum Vitae, Patchouli, Benzoin and Musk.

Last edited by petruccijc; 5th June 2010 at 01:11 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Marc Jacobs Lemon. Guess what it smells like?
    Will say more over in the Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday thread
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Prelude to love...invitation, By Kilian

Top: Bergamot, Orange, Lemon
    Heart: Ginger, Neroli, Orange Blossom
    Base: Florence Iris

Hi, folks !
    I was in Caron's Pour Un Homme-
    But I'll wear Eau D'orange Verte this am for SnS;-)

Later, some Molinard de Molinard.

Be well, dear ones.

I am wearing Diorella for S n' S.

Dior Escale Portofino for SnS - I LOVE this!

Calabrian bergamot, Italian citron, Sicilian petitgrain, bitter almond, orange blossom, juniper berry, cold spices, cypress, cedar, white musk, caraway and galbanum.

Have a good day, all!

[cc attribution: MC]

Picnicing on Crazy Libellule and the Poppies Vanilla Lemon Pie, for SNS Saturday! MMmm Pie!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Good Morning All. Its going to be "hotter than a cat on a hot tin roof" here today. We're supposed to hit the triple digits here in the beautiful Southwest U.S.A. My SOTD is Estee Lauder's ' BRONZE GODDESS ' Have a great week-end everybody!

Wearing Annick Goutal's Mandragore for today's SNS. Perfect for summer wear. Not too sweet, not too heavy. Love the drydown.

Have a good Saturday, everybody!

Wearing Guerlain's wonderful and extremely underrated original Cherry Blossom EDT for SnS!

OMG!!! I'm lovin' this sooo much! It's a weird citrus-floral that has a "EDC" vibe to it.

This morning I'm wearing
    Eau de Tomato Leaf, garden dirt, and sweat.
    And not the Demeter versions, the real thing. Have completed my garden work and now I'm going to shower off the green. Will probably make the scent of today about as green...hmm...thinks.

[URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution

This morning - it's Vol de Nuit extrait which has petitgrain in it.... so that is for Sniff n Speak !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Montale Soleil de Capri for the SnS.

Have a great Saturday!

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday nsamadi! I'll wear some Noir de Noir tonight, in your honor.

Today for me it's the shiny-happy-indoles-a-go-go of...

Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia by Guerlain (from a sample - thank u 30Roses!)

Jasmine, Neroli and Citrus. Oh my!

I've been such a bad Basenoter, neglecting the forum and sniffing to a certain extend (been sticking to very few select fragrances). Today however, I'm sampling Hermes Voyage. Woods, musk and citrus (especially in the top notes; after a few seconds I get a terrible synthetic pink grapefruit note which fortunately fades after a few minutes). I'm not mad about it but it's okay.

Have a great weekend!

Blog Entries

Francisco de Zurbaran, 1633
    Profumum - Acqua Viva
    The boldest burst of citrus known.
    Then the sweetness of childhood lemonade stands.
    Broom flower and cypress wrap themselves close to my heart.
    The wood soothes and anchors the gay, cheerful yellow.

Notes; Amalfi lemon, Sicilian broom flower, cypress, cedar
    Last edited by kumquat; 5th June 2010 at 03:42 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

So much to do today, I needed an undemanding fragrance ...so I've applied a violets perfume oil made by Nectarine and sold under the private label of Pish Posh Patchouli's in Florida. This has great staying power but like most oils, wears close to the skin. To increase sillage a bit I layered over it the softer, EdT version of Berdoues Violettes de Toulouse.

If anyone is curious about the Nectarine line of perfume oils, here is their website (not a retail website). You have probably encountered their perfume oils under private labels in shops:
    http://www.nectarine.biz/products/pr...es.html#citrus

Now that the garden's washed off, ...

I've applied Blu Mediterraneo Cipresso di Toscana... and layered it with Fiore di Ulivo ... ah, what a lovely feel-good combo! I think I was inspired by the SnS theme and by the veggies in the garden that are growing so well for Oklahoma, it made me feel I was in another country...
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Hello everyone!

I'm in Ineke's Chemical Bonding for the citrussy SnS - juicy oranges with luscious peonies!

Still Life with Pitcher, Peonies and Oranges - 1906, Paula Modersohn-Becker

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Scent twins with Therese today...in Diorella.

Happy Saturday, all! It's The Different Company Bergamote for me today.

('Vangeline I'm with you on CB...wish I'd a thought of it. But the day's young...)

Started off with a sample of Laura Biagotti's Roma....lotsa grapefruit and herbs that settled into....FIGS?? Didn't last that long so went for some more Mecheri and am currently in the "vivid and sun-drenched flesh of the bloody orange of Sicily nuanced with a dash of hesperides"....Sanguine. Ackshully it has been a more lemon-y orange on me and slightly musky. Refreshing but not a compelling frag for this chick.

May head for Brooklyn later on!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Today for SnS I'm in DKNY Woman. According to DK marketing, "A refreshing, flowery fragrance.

Well, if you say so -- I'm smelling a lot of grapefruit.

Here are the official notes:
    Blood Orange, Chilled Vodka, Tomato Leaf.
    Yellow Waterlilies, Green Coral Orchids, Daffodils.
    Freshly Laundered T-Shirt, Wet Cobblestones, White Birch, Tulip Tree Bark.

Silliest bunch of notes I've ever seen. Let's see, that would be freshly laundered t-shirt as opposed to freshly laundered pillowcase? Tulip tree bark as opposed to magnolia tree bark? Wet cobblestones as opposed to wet saltillo tile? What if the vodka weren't chilled? Well, whatever.

I still get mostly grapefruit.

And faint florals... less faint since I spritzed some Keiko M. White Flowers on top. (I actually like the way this smells. Don't know why I sound so cranky!)

Un profumo affettuoso

I'm wearing OR NOIR by Pascale Morabito! Love it!

Floris Pink Grapefruit for me today. Not that hot, but humid here and the scent is refreshing.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Fresh Strawberry Flowers for today's Citrus SnS.

Notes: Mandarin, Yuzu, White peach, Mountain Strawberries, Freesia, Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Orris, Musk, White woods.

C Rose and Taolady you are both cracking me up today...

My afternoon scent is gonna be vintage Payot Pavlova, since I just reviewed it and can't stop thinking about how good it smells.

Edit: Except it's now 96 F. here and the Pavlova kind of went "poof in the heat when I wandered out to relocate some lily of the valley plants the cats keep moving (to use the area as a catbox, grr!)... and then wandered further to be sure any other tomato hornworms didn't miss my keen eye this morning... and then...

Well... that's why I have so many scents...
    Last edited by actiasluna; 5th June 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Iris gris Legendary frag. AZ
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Happy Birthday nsamadi!
    I didn't follow the S'n's thread... I had to wear FRACAS as I was going to an indie concert.

SotE - Calche de Herms
    ... pure parfum, vintage.
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 5th June 2010 at 10:34 PM.

Basenotes Plus

C Rose- you are a crack up today! Love those comments on DKNY Woman, which is perfect for SNS, and I didn't even consider it because it's stored in a different cabinet from the one I dug through to find what I'm comparing.
    On my left wrist is GIEFFEFFE
    Per Perfume Intelligence: 1995 Created by Michele Saramito in association with Diana de Silva Cosmetiques; a fresh citrus edt with top notes of orange, lemon and bergamot, heart notes of osmanthus, rose, cardamom, patchouli and frankincense on base notes of sandalwood, nutmeg and musk. Presented in a white cylindrical canister with silver cap and script designed by Gianfranco Ferr. It's acting like a skin scent on me.

Other scent on right wrist is the richer ZEN EDP the re-orchestration in the gold squatty cubed bottle
    Top notes are grapefruit, bergamot, peach, pineapple and blue rose; mid notes include freesia, gardenia, red apple, violet, lily of the valley, hyacinth, rose from China and lotus flower; base notes include patchouli, cedar, musk, white musk, amber, incense and marine plant.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Plus

I started out the day in Creed's Irisia. However, it just "bothered" me today & I washed it off.

So I tried something even lighter, Asprey's Purple Water, which is an innocuous "cologne", if ever there was one. It doesn't bother me but neither do I love it. Top Notes: Mandarin, Lemon, Jacaranda. Middle Notes: Orange Blossom, Basil, White Ginger. Base Notes: Pepper, Vetiver, Musk.
    Last edited by RHM; 5th June 2010 at 08:09 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Oops! Keep forgetting to "Happy Birthday" nsamadi!

So... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, nsamadi!

(and even more envious of our LGD's flea market haul, as he's mentioned he's wearing some of it now.)

Luxuriating in the splendid Sabi for the SnS.

Happy Birthday, nsamadi!

Take care, all.

Blog Entries

Cristalle by Chanel...................day

Shalimar by Guerlain ...............evening.

Hi, everyone! Nosing around here (pun intended) and wearing Kate Moss Vintage.

Silver Mountain Water
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Happy Birthday nsamadi.....
    Riverside Drive by Bond No.9
    Gary

Yup!

....Grapefruit, Cardamom, Cypress-wood, Geranium Leaves, Juniper Berries, Cedarwood, Leather and Guaiacwood...and did I say GRAPEFRUIT!!??
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

So... the saga continues, and I'm now wearing a sample of Lily of the Valley by Angela Flanders... in honor of my beleaguered LotV plants! Described on the AF website as a "gossamer" fragrance, it is a sweet (but creamy and not too sweet) fragrance that does, indeed, smell of summer. Warm and flowery.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 5th June 2010 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altodiva View Post
    Hi, everyone! Nosing around here (pun intended) and wearing Kate Moss Vintage.
    Oh, and welcome, Altodiva! See you've been here a short while, hope you feel comfy, cozy, and well-perfumed!

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Oops! Keep forgetting to "Happy Birthday" nsamadi!
    Me too ... happy b-day!

Rochas man, a bit too sweet for this weather.
    Had to wear it though, haven't done in months!

And happy birthday wishes from me as well, nsamadi!

My SotD was a combination of Ecover dishwashing liquid, Glassex (Dutch Windex) and Ariel detergent...
    [but *I* wanna play, too! can too! the Ecover had lemon in it! really! did so! (waaaahhhh!)]

Housework all done, I'm now in P.G.'s Hyperessence Matale - more over on SnS.

Great weekend, everybody!
    I am operating within established parameters. How are you?

Ah, synergy, I love the smell of Ecover. It DOES have lemon in it so your SOTD could be Ecover! <grins>

See! See! Tole ya, guys! Actiasluna knows!

(LOL - yup. SotD = Ecover, un parfum trs ecologique mais aussi frache )
    I am operating within established parameters. How are you?

Welcome, altodiva. You picked a splendid day to introduce yourself, as everyone here (including you) is smelling delightful!

Blog Entries

I'm all over SnS!
    L'Occitane Ruban d'Orange first (sicilian orange, fir, tonka bean, mandarin orange, bitter orange, vetiver, cedar and lemon)

Then Jo Malone Lime, Basil, and Mandarin which is a little lime in the beginning and then a clash of mandarin and basil resulting in an unfortunate smell of cilantro)

and I will be greeting the evening with Field Notes from Paris by Ineke (very orangy to me).