Code of Conduct

Default Mathias Paris L"Eau Narguile

I remember hearing about this years ago and making a mental note to find it. Of course I totally forgot about it till it came up again in my head recently and it looks like it is dc'd and impossible to find. Does anyone here know if it is available anywhere? I googled and could only find a site in australia that had it listed but they do not ship to the states and when I emailed to ask if they really did have it in stock (because I was really not believing I found it)...they never answered me to confirm it. Can anyone give me any info on this? Thank you!

Default Re: Mathias Paris L"Eau Narguile

I just joined Basenotes because I want to learn more about harder to find French fragrance houses. Particularly those who also make scented candles, sachets, sprays and eau de cologne.

I believe there is a guy in LA who is now distributing Mathias Paris in the U.S.

Do you want me to find out if he also has this Eau de Narguile?
    Best, Ann

Welcome, awhite62. Some time ago (back in 2006, I think) I sampled it from a precious vial that one Italian BNer sent me and fell in love. I have contacted Mr.Mathias from Creation Mathias and he said that this fragrance was no longer in production, they moved forward to new and better concepts and gave me the address of his agent in Italy. I wrote to that agent too and there was no response. Unfortunately. Out of about 2'000 fragrances that I have ever tried, this one is unique, I have a bit less than 2 mls left in my Reference Library of Scents.

Please post if you find out something else, the name is Creation Mathias L'Eau de Narguile.
    Last edited by Twolf; 15th April 2011 at 12:01 PM.

Thank you Twolf! It must be exquisite! I am going to Paris in June and want to find out more about Mathias Paris. This really makes me want to see if I can get in touch with this L.A. "distributor"!

I stumbled across the Mathias Paris home fragrance line today, here in Perth, and was wowed by Narguile and Myrrhe.

It seems L'eau Narguile is now simply Narguile - a 100ml room spray (which, I admit Im wearing on skin). I can understand why Twolf and others have fallen for this... its a stunner! I got a rather chypre Mitsouko-esque vibe from it, and now - a number of hours later, its stlll wonderful on skin.
    It retails here for around $60 a bottle - money very well spent, to my mind.

Thank you, everyone on this thread, for alerting me to both a new fragrance and a new house that sounds like something special indeed.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Mathias' fig -- oh my goodness, oh my goodness. Lamentations over its inaccessibility. (Reviews on MUA)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Oh oh oh, Dimi. Thanks for giving it a chance and telling us all about it. Does this place in Perth ship internationally?

I will give them a call Twolf ( Monday), and ask for you.
    It was a really unique store actually... Full of vintage accessories, hand made leather bound books and art supplies! There was even a room to the side with art students taking a lesson.

I noted he didnt have a ton of stock on display... Some room sprays, candles and reed diffusers. I recall the Narguile, Figeur, myrrh, tubereuse and Fleur de Citron.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 23rd July 2011 at 05:37 PM.

Default Re: Mathias Paris Narguile & others

I did a Google search and found some website called French Home Envy and they have some Narguile and other products. I don't think they have the Eau de Parfum though.

Default Re: Mathias Paris Narguile & others

And I found a web-store which is in Australia (I believe Sorcery of Scent is writing from Perth?) named www.saison.com.au and they have what looks like alot of Mathias Paris products! I love their webstore - they have a really wonderful selection of beautiful European lines for candles and bath products, etc. I think they carry the Eau de Parfum of Mathias as well! Good luck and let me know if you are able to find some!

Saison are the Aus distributors of these products. Feel free to email them with your queries.

Many may reject the idea of international shipping as Aus Post is making it exceedingly difficult (not to mention expensive) to send perfume through the post. Companies and individuals without a special license are faced with $100,000 fines if caught falsifying declarations. And it's being enforced.

This has all been compacted by a July 4th rise in international postage rates (fuel surcharge) PLUS a preposterous obligatory additional fee for packages weighing over 500 g of $9 ON TOP of the cost of shipping for additional security / scanning.
    Seriously, it's farcical.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 24th July 2011 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Saison are the Aus distributors of these products. Feel free to email them with your queries.

Many may reject the idea of international shipping as Aus Post is making it exceedingly difficult (not to mention expensive) to send perfume through the post. Companies and individuals without a special license are faced with $100,000 fines if caught falsifying declarations. And it's being enforced.

This has all been compacted by a July 4th rise in international postage rates (fuel surcharge) PLUS a preposterous obligatory additional fee for packages weighing over 500 g of $9 ON TOP of the cost of shipping for additional security / scanning.
    Seriously, it's farcical.
    My, Am I lucky to live in a free country... bless good ol' Europe, where e.g. Austrian Mail is 'only' expensive and slow (for outgoing stuff)!!!

Twolf - just as I might have expected, the store in question cannot offer international shipping, sorry.

Larimar - you betcha. And I plan to kick up my heels in your country in a few short weeks. Might just go post something while Im there JUST BECAUSE I CAN!!

YES, YOU CAN, Dimi!!!