Code of Conduct

Default How many essential oils or aromachemicals do you have? Plus other nosy questions...

Just being nosy here...
    I just wondered if there may be an average level depending on experience.

Just for curiosity:-
    1) How many essential oils have you got?
    2) How many aromachemicals?
    3) How long have you been at this hobby?
    4) Would you consider yourself
    a) a complete beginner having never made a perfume but would like to
    b) an early level with a few reasonable niffs under your belt
    c) pretty accomplished with some areas to learn yet
    d) know completely what you are doing in an expert sort of way.

Plus any other questions or info anyone cares to add....

Default Re: How many essential oils or aromachemicals do you have? Plus other nosy questions...

1) About 70 natural ingredients (not just essential oils, but also absolutes, resins, etc.)
    2) About 200 aromachemicals.
    3) Hmmm, I lost track, lol. I think about 3 years.
    4) Somewhere between a and b. Just when I think I'm starting to 'get it' I come across something new that makes me realize I really don't know much!

Default Re: How many essential oils or aromachemicals do you have? Plus other nosy questions...

i have 24 naturals and 54 aroma-chemicals.
    i'm doing this for about half a year, so, i am very green.
    i have created some beautiful smelling things, but nothing that i would call a proper perfume, so far.
    Last edited by gido; 6th June 2010 at 05:48 AM.

I have approximately 100 or so natural essential oils, a few concretes, plus a few tinctures being brewed. I don't have any aromachemicals, and don't particularly intend to, but I haven't ruled out looking at the ones that are substitutes for the animalic naturals if I cannot reproduce them with plant based substitutes.
    I have only been doing this perfume side for about the same as you gido, but did do aromatherapy blends before. I have recently made four woody brews that synergy is kindly testing for me, 3 lots of nice smells which are more 'story scenes' and one perfume. I have made a perfume for a bride for her wedding day recently, plus I brew aromatherapy potions for various ailments and treatments for interest.
    I'm not sure if I know what I'm doing or not, but it's a very interesting journey learning with 'educated' experimentation. The bride is very happy with her own private perfume, so that is a good sign and very encouraging. We will see. I hope I wrote it down.......