Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which houses do you have 'Subject Matter Expertise' in?

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Professionally; selling perfume in general, launching brands, marketing, research, copywriting, the 'house' of XXXX (brand name soon to be revealed, which is a new brand-within-a-brand of perfumes I'm working on with a lovely team right now).

As a perfume nerd - I guess the obvious choices - Guerlain, Lutens, Chanel, Dior... and Elizabeth Arden (only because I used to work for them ).

I'm currently hoping to sample more of TDC's creations. I've tried the bergamot and it is indeed divine. I own Charmes & Feuilles and love it more each day.

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Diamond , you must try Love By Kilian , I positively insist , its fantastic
    Very well, sir. I shall put it on my next sampling list...

Basenotes Institution

Chanel Les Exclusifs have me in a fever grip . I'm getting the whole Chanel story now.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I own more than a handful of several lines but the two houses I seem to be best aquainted with are Guerlain (an effort on my part to get to know the history, helped along by the two very well informed ladies at the Guerlain counter here) and the other is Editions de Parfums by Frederic Malle.

I was fortunate with Malle at the outset in receiving numerous samples (mercifully atomisers not 'dab tubes') and have since bought several and also spent time with the few that I would not personally wear. I was attracted to the way there are portraits of the creators at both counters here and have enjoyed looking into the 'back-story' of each perfume and also using that as a springboard into getting to know the work of the indiviudals concerned. For those interested, when Federic Malle was here a couple of months ago launching the candle range he mentioned that there is a scent coming from Carlos Benaim and I wonder if it might be an oriental or a gourmand given the two more impressionistic candles they developed together, Saint de Saints & Coffee Society? It would be interesting if an idea conceived for a candle were to evolve into a perfume. He also mentioned he 'continues to work' with Dominique Ropion so let's see what happens there . . .

Also pretty well aquainted with Parfums de Nicolai, Amouage, L'Artisan, Goutal, Lutens and the earlier TDC releases.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I own more than a handful of several lines but the two houses I seem to be best aquainted with are Guerlain (an effort on my part to get to know the history, helped along by the two very well informed ladies at the Guerlain counter here) and the other is Editions de Parfums by Frederic Malle.

I was fortunate with Malle at the outset in receiving numerous samples (mercifully atomisers not 'dab tubes') and have since bought several and also spent time with the few that I would not personally wear. I was attracted to the way there are portraits of the creators at both counters here and have enjoyed looking into the 'back-story' of each perfume and also using that as a springboard into getting to know the work of the indiviudals concerned. For those interested, when Federic Malle was here a couple of months ago launching the candle range he mentioned that there is a scent coming from Carlos Benaim and I wonder if it might be an oriental or a gourmand given the two more impressionistic candles they developed together, Saint de Saints & Coffee Society? It would be interesting if an idea conceived for a candle were to evolve into a perfume. He also mentioned he 'continues to work' with Dominique Ropion so let's see what happens there . . .

Also pretty well aquainted with Parfums de Nicolai, Amouage, L'Artisan, Goutal, Lutens and the earlier TDC releases.
    Fascinating Mr. Reasonable.
    I really would like to know what Frederic Malle and D Ropion are working on.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. Professionally; selling perfume in general, launching brands, marketing, research, copywriting, the 'house' of XXXX (brand name soon to be revealed, which is a new brand-within-a-brand of perfumes I'm working on with a lovely team right now).

As a perfume nerd - I guess the obvious choices - Guerlain, Lutens, Chanel, Dior... and Elizabeth Arden (only because I used to work for them ).

I'm currently hoping to sample more of TDC's creations. I've tried the bergamot and it is indeed divine. I own Charmes & Feuilles and love it more each day.
    Thank you, Nukapai, for the "insider" view of things. Of the most of one house that I own, it is probably the Guerlains. I like the fact that no (or very little) faux history is involved with the house. (Such as the naming of Jicky...)
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

Un profumo affettuoso

Well, having been a perfume-nerd for more than 30 years now - i must admit that I have sniffed my way through many houses - but I guess I have some "expert knowledge" on
    Guerlain
    Caron (before and after reformulations)
    Estee Lauder
    YSL
    Paco Rabanne
    Bulgari
    L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Diptyque
    Annick Goutal
    Rochas
    Editions de Parfums F. Malle
    Etat Libre d'Orange
    Jean Patou
    Serge Lutens
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Jean-Charles Brosseau
    Houbigant
    Jo Malone
    Nina Ricci
    Patricia de Nicolai

currently I'm exploring Italian niche-houses, Bruno Accampori, Maria Candida Gentile, Bois, Nobile 1942

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens (30 scents)
    Comme des Garçons (28 scents)
    L'Artisan Parfumeur (16 scents)
    Annick Goutal, Caron (11 scents)
    Etro (10 scents)
    Gobin Daudé (5 scents - the whole line)
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I've smelled the whole Frederic Malle line, many of which on my skin, wore the content of several vial samples, and bought one, which now I dislike
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
    (='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
    (")_(") gain world domination

Swap: Vetyverio by Dyptique 100 ml, Habit Rouge by Guerlain 50 ml, Onda EDP by Vero Profumo 50ml, Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens 75ml