Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default SotD - Sunday the 6th of June

Morning ladies,

Chanel N°5

Default Re: SotD - Sunday the 6th of June

GooD MorninG Have a Wonderful Sunday Everybody
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Hermes Hiris. Happy Birthday Asha!

Top notes: Coriander, Carrots, Ambrette
    Middle notes: Neroli, Rose, Orris, Hay
    Base notes: Cedarwood, Almond Tree, Vanilla, Honey

Last edited by petruccijc; 6th June 2010 at 12:10 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

mouchoir de monsieur - guerlain
    Wishlist is pointless.

Basenotes Plus

Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHA !.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 6th June 2010 at 10:41 AM.

Basenotes Plus

My SotD is Ladyboy by B Never too Busy to Be Beautiful.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday to Asha and Hilaryjane!

Annick Goutal Folavril
    Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

House twins with petruccijc today: Kelly Caleche.

A very lightly handled, softly rose-y leather. Veils skin very pleasantly and lasts a surprisingly long time. Good for weekend wear and this somewhat humid weather.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Penhaligon's Artemisia.

Happy Birthday to Asha and many fragrant wishes.

Ava Luxe Angel Face for me today.

DIANE!!!

Whoop it up GOOD!!

Celebrating your day in Keiko Mecheri's Jasmine.....which may become my fave jasmine. This experiment (her BIG coffret) may end up costing me a FOCHUNE!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Odd dark muggy morning and I'm in Angela Flanders
    Oudh Noir

In the mood for dark grassy woody patchouli/musky/cedary goodness. Makes me feel like I'm digging around in a big cedarchest full of old leather-bound books, wooden cigar boxes, antique pipes, woven grass baskets containing driftwood, dried leaves, and faintly still aromatic flowers from vacations long past.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Happiest of birthdays, Asha!

I am wearing the ultimate comfort scent Bois de Farine. I hurt my back (yet again) yesterday and am also in a haze of Vicodin and Flexoril.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Happiest of birthdays, Asha!

I am wearing the ultimate comfort scent Bois de Farine. I hurt my back (yet again) yesterday and am also in a haze of Vicodin and Flexoril.
    Ouch! (was there with you last week)... Dunno if it helps but I changed my meds from V/F to Ultram and a steroid pack (week long therapy that tapers down from 7 pills to one pill) and the difference between the V/F course and the Ultram/Steroid pack course is amazing, I was feeling better in literally hours rather than days. (I use a muscle relaxant called Baclofen for other issues and took that, as Flexeril doesn't mix well with Ultram... the up side to Ultram is that it's not a narcotic and doesn't fog you out like Vicodin. It's not considered as "strong" as Vicodin but seems to work well for back pain, my sister who has had problems like that for years SWEARS by this combo as she went through an entire YEAR of misery on V/F and in 2 days the Ultram/Steroid did wonders.) ... if this is a common occurrence you might ask your doc about that other strategy.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 6th June 2010 at 01:57 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Narciso Rodriguez For Him Musc Collection Edp this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Asha!

I'm glad you have found something to help with your back pain, Actiasluna. Back pain can be so incapacitating; it's not like you can rest that "part" while being otherwise active.

Diabolo Rose for me today.

AM: D&G Feminine
    PM: Roberta Cavalli

Happy Birthday Asha and Hilaryjane...

Thanks 30 Roses...it is nice to feel better and be able to move!

Now to my slightly multiple-personalitied choices for scent today (must be the weather, it's partly cloudy but warm, can't make up its mind either!)... I'm wearing Poison layered over the earlier Oudh Noir (and thinking it works.) And wondering what I can layer over that later. Or now.

Good thing I'm not at work today, or I'd be in Overapplication and Extreme Sillage Warning territory!

Basenotes Institution

Very happy Birthdays to Dear Asha and Hilaryjane !
    Happy birthday on this beautiful day,
    We wish you the best, without any delay.
    Hope you enjoy it, from beginning till end,
    Here's a hug and kiss, we're ready to send.

Scent of the morning- Carnal Flower.

I ordered a new bed that is coming this afternoon- I have a ton of clearing up to do ,moving beds around etc. Arrgggh .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Trumpers Sandalwood Cologne.
    Happy Birthday Asha and Hilaryjane
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 6th June 2010 at 03:40 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Healing thoughts to Therese and Actiasluna, back problems are, excuse the pun, a pain in the back...loads of rest and painkillers.

I'm sampling today, got a sample pack with my order from Juliette has a Gun, so today I've tried on their latest; Calamity Jane. The notes as listed on their web page are patchouli in the top, amber and iris in the heart and musk as the base. I read somewhere that there's lavender in it too, but that would be contrary to what the company says about it: "A fragrance without flowery or fruity notes. A masculine fragrance exclusively dedicated to women."

I think I really like this stuff. To be perfectly honest, I haven't thought of it much. It's been there, it has made itself known from time to time, but it hasn't demanded my attention. You would think that with an edp with these notes, it would be one of those perfumes which wears you, instead of you wearing the perfume, but it isn't the case with Calamity Jane. All the notes come together softly, gently, and they all stay close to the skin without being translucent. I'll have to reapply for this evening and take an active part this time.

Anyone else tried it? Opinions?

Penhaligon's Lily & Spice layered with Lily Flower attar. Slightly too obnoxious for work, but just dandy for the supermarket!

Happy Happy Birthdays to Asha and to Hilaryjane!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Basenotes Plus

A very happy birthday to both Asha & Hillaryjane today! And a belated birthday wish to nsamadi for her birthday yesterday. I hope all of the celebrants have or had a wonderful day.

Joe Malone Black Vetyverr Cafe & Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien edp layered together, is my scent today.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Happy Birthday, Asha!

I hope your day is grrrrrrreat (like Tony the Tiger)!

I'm wearing No. 5 Eau Première today, which was nice for church this morning, and holds up well to the heat and humidity we're having lately.

Enjoy the day, all!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 6th June 2010 at 04:07 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Asha & Hillaryjane~ May you enjoy the best of birthdays!

We watched the “Calendar Girls” movie last night, and I just couldn't resist posting these treats. (Photo: Picasa, lorraine)

Continuing the citrus theme thanks to orchard of frags having arrived yesterday from insightful tdem: Jo Malone Lime, Basil and Mandarin. Topnotes are a little haphazard or masculine, but the drydown is great. Recently read somewhere that there's a frag similar to LBM, but considered a little bit better. Have to go hunt down that info cuz if only slightly more feminine, this combo of citrus and green could be a winner.

Am excited to learn that knit at nite will be joining us in Boston next month. Frustrated than tdem and everybody else can't be there too.

Therese & Actiasluna: I regret that the universe gives you such obstacles.
    Last edited by Quarry; 6th June 2010 at 04:45 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Happy B-day to the ones celebrating today
    ... as usual I forgot it in my first post!

POISON
    Vintage Eau de Toilette

Happy Birthday Asha!

Wearing Boudoir today

Blog Entries

I'm trying Kenzo 7:15 in Bali on one wrist, Tendre Jasmin by Yves Rocher on the other and will be changing it to something to last all day

Happy Birthday to Asha and Hillaryjane!

Quarry, how interesting, I liked the top notes of Jo Malone Lime, Basil and Mandarin, but not the drydown.
    Last edited by Warum; 6th June 2010 at 05:56 PM.

Hello all. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm wearing Calyspso Mimosa today - a present from my lovely sister.

And Happy Birthday Asha !

Shiseido Basala.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Institution

Well ,my morning of tidying, rearranging and stuff ,is continuing.
    So... scent of theday should really be Swiffer Sweeper ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Smile Re: SotD - Sunday the 6th of June

Chanel No 5

Today I'm enjoying a sample of Nanadebary Green, and I like it very much. Might be worth a full bottle!

Happy Birthday Asha and Hilaryjane!

I'm enjoying the supple leather of Cuir Ottoman tonight.

Good morning & happy birthday to those celebrating today! It's a dreary, rainy day here in Canada, so I decided on a lift with Vera Wang's Bouquet; a couple hours in I've layered it with Princess.

I've been bummed about my job 'displacement' so haven't connected much here. Coming up is my last week of a job I love, then after a week's holiday & my boifday, I start another position (I hate that kind of change). Ah well, I'm thankful at least I'm lucky enough to have a job.

Anyhoo, have a wonderful, fragrant day, all!

I don't have a SOTD, just checking in to wish dear Asha the happiest birthday!!!!! I hope you are having a warm, fragrant, lovely day, because you are just as lovely.

Happy birthday to Hillaryjane.

Oh decisions, what to wear, what to wear...
    Evenstar

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ASHA & HILARYJANE!

I'm wearing another dab of Sabi today, because I enjoyed it so much yesterday.

(((Actiasluna))) (((Therese)))

Take care, all.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD - Sunday the 6th of June

Tilleul by D'Orsay

Just came back to wish a Happy Birthday to Hillaryjane as well.

Sticking with Eau Première this evening.

Horizon - Guy Laroche

Quote Originally Posted by ronni View Post
    Today I'm enjoying a sample of Nanadebary Green, and I like it very much. Might be worth a full bottle!
    Hear that, Joy??!! Another convert!!!

Deci Dela pour le soir!! ( Wolfie!) Forgotten how sassy this one is.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy Birthday Asha and Hilaryjane may your whole week to come be filled with fragrant surprises.

(((Therese))) (((Actiasluna))) may both of you have relief from your back woes soon. I have been having some minor neck/back troubles lately (too much lifting) and cannot imagine how much suffering you both must be in. Healing hugs and vibes to you both.

Today was a lovely day for some Rossy de Palma by ELDO, which is alright, not a favorite though. I followed that with a nice splash of Fragonard Eau Fantasque, which was much nicer.

Now for this evening I will be wearing some Si Jolie by Fragonard which is divine.

Hope the week will be lovely and carefree for all.

Birthday/ Anniversary/ Congratulatory/ Special Event greetings to any and all celebrating that I may have missed in my sporadic posting schedule.

Hugs!!!
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d'Homme tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

We have had constant non-stop rain for a month here. Yesterday was the first SUNNY day that I can recall in weeks and weeks of dreary drizzle, it was absolutely perfect for S-n-S: all that citrus and sun was glorious...

Well, today we are back to gloomy gray pouring down rain so it's Miss Dior today for I always find it warm and comforting.

Hope everyone had a fab weekend!

Thank you Brielle, I am actually doing MUCH better now, the combo of meds seems to have stopped the muscle spasms cold, which was the big problem keeping me miserable. (doctors need to pay more attention to patients who have had more experience with these things before prescribing drugs that really are not that effective)... I've been able to resume "normal activities" and am only a little stiff and sore. Which is good, because I had a lot of gardening work to do today.

My Scent Adventures today are wrapping up with some vintage Guerlain Vol de Nuit EDT, powdery, "flowerdy" goodness, even though my 50 ml bottle that's about 60% full is not going to last that much longer, as I have already applied it twice over the past two hours! That's okay though, because there is an initial "bite" to the scent that is terrific, and the woody irisy drydown is perfect for the slide into bedtime.

Oh, and Trikkirikki, I have a sample of JHAG Calamity Jane that I'll test sometime soon and get back to you with comments! (I have a couple Juliette has a Gun samples that I need to try. I LOVE ... is it Midnight Oud? And have Citizen Queen also to test.)
    Last edited by actiasluna; 7th June 2010 at 02:33 AM.

Oooh, thanks so much for the birthday wishes and abundant treats! And Happy Birthday to my B'day twin Hilary! Today I wore samples of Guerlain Vetiver pour Elle and Cologne du Parfumeur--GREEN HEAVEN!

Last edited by Asha; 7th June 2010 at 02:29 AM.

Happy Birthday Asha and Hilaryjane......

At the Beach 1966........... awe loving this beachy coppertone scent. Reminds me of my Beautiful Mother, Bless her.

A~~

Getting to this late. My SotD was Vanille Galante; SotE is Caron Pour Homme. Good stuff on both counts!

Asha and Hilaryjane, many happy returns to both of you!

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

SotE

L'Heure attendue Patou
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Riverside Drive by Bond No.9
    Gary

Happy birthday to those that it applies to.
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche