Code of Conduct

Talking Do you ever have a dreams about fragrances?

Tonight I had a dream. There was a nice lady which smelled great. And then I asked her. Isnt it Dior Addict 2? Yes it is, and that big pink bottle appeared in front of me.

WTH is this? I have no idea how Dior Addict 2 smells.

Do you ever have a dreams about fragrances? What are your weirdest?

Default Re: Do you ever have a dreams about fragrances?

Not about fragrances themselves but I do seem to dream about smells * no farting under the bed clothes jokes please * giggles *

I had a few but I remember that in one I saw in my bathroom Antaeus, PM and some of the Caron. I was quite happy until I woke up lol
    And in another was a friend of mine and his gf and they were staring at my wardrobe (not the one that I have but one with a lot of fragrances) and he told me to show some of them cause he wants to smell god for his gf. So I showed him a few, we talked bla bla bla and then I woke up.
    That's all folks.

Basenotes Institution

Last night I dreamt I was at a Guerlain boutique. The SA gave me a generous sample of Cruel Gardenia , beautifully wrapped in a wooden box shaped like an old book which she then wrapped in sparkly white tissue ! What a glorious dream that was..............
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 7th June 2010 at 10:45 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Never.

Yes, and to take matters a bit further, I dream even about creating frags once in a while and even remember how my fictional frags resemble real-life ones: e.g., I still find enough capacity to remember the next day -it was like Acqua di Parma and a bit like some Guerlain scents

or, I find myself on certain occasions dreaming about the dream wardrobe - probably still unaffordable - I would buy if my budget was unlimited

aaaand... last but not least, I dream of chasing good looking and stylish ladies, following them for kilometers without feeling tired, just in order to ask them which great scent- which I can actually smell in a real-life way - and, just as I said, I politely ask what they are actually wearing, they actually answer equally polite and with intelligible replies: "This is a Givenchy" or "This is a Creed"

not to mention that once I dreamed I was visiting Floris (probably related to a documentary about Floris I saw a few days before this dream), yet another time I find myself in front of the biggest quantity of foam baths and bath oils in the world, and then again when I dream I find myself at the homes of both real-life people I know and of fictional characters, looking up their fragrance wardrobes

Yes!!! I often dream that I am shopping for fragrance.....In places that I have never been.....very interesting!!!
    Gary

No such dreams...yet.

I've had the smells of Anteaus and L'Artisan's Voleur de Roses in my dreams. Really great.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Yes! And quite recently. I dreamed I was shopping in the mall, hunting for old Guerlains. Everything smelled like L'Instant... Funny that I can *smell* in a dream, but I can never taste...
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Some day it was a strange dream.
    Imagine greatest perfumery supermarket, with all vintage and new and niche perfumes, which is situated on the way out of concentration camp.
    And yes, I was in the camp, and happy about my camp release - and suddenly realise that on my way home I could find everything to please myself.
    it`s insane - to get presents upon CC release.

Other day I was surprised to see perfume antiquity fair in my city, on the river embankment (it`s never been there) - and all the Guerlains were there to choose from. Hopefully there were not much buyers, and a lot of sellers - so I spent all the night there, in my dream.

Vetiver The Great!!!

I have tons of dreams about fragrances. I still remember a certain rose and violet fragrance I smelled in a dream I've never found in real life... It was gorgeous.

Yes, I had a strange one last week.

I dreamt that I owned a bottle of Montale Black Aoud. I don't in real life. Except it didn't come in a fragrance bottle, it came in a plastic container typical of sunscreen. It squeezed out like sunscreen. It looked like sunscreen and it smelled like sunscreen. And I said to myself, "they must have reforumulated Black Aoud."

And that was it.
    Last edited by scentsitivity; 8th June 2010 at 04:08 PM.

i actually just had a dream having my dad sample creed's original vetiver

Last night I dreamt of Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford. I don't own a bottle of it, nor I have ever smelled it. I just opened the nice looking bottle sprayed it and felt surrounded by a field of tobacco flowers.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Once in a while I'm transported to Paris 100 or 250 years ago and I visit Maitre Parfumeur or Serge Lutens. The MPG shop is very dark and there are hundreds of extremely rare and expensive bottles on the shelves. And only one Lady behind the counter, LOL. No one ever in the shop, hahaha. Of course I don't know even one fragrance, sometimes I hold a bottle I have read and written much about, LOL. Often I spend hours in that shop.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I had a fragrance-related dream this past week. I dreamed that the juice inside of the bottles of my favorite discontinued fragrances had evaporated. It was more like a nightmare!

Yes. I once wrote here of my dream about Reece's new Peanut Butter based fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by SillageMonger View Post
    I had a fragrance-related dream this past week. I dreamed that the juice inside of the bottles of my favorite discontinued fragrances had evaporated. It was more like a nightmare!
    Sometimes I dream that I buy a bottle of D&G By Man in a normal shop .....

Quote Originally Posted by paolo74 View Post
    Sometimes I dream that I buy a bottle of D&G By Man in a normal shop .....
    ....at a cheap price!!!

Blog Entries

I have dreams about upcoming releases that I want to try. Usually in the dream I'll go to give it a sniff & it's fabulous. Then I'll wait for the release, thinking that since I dreamed it would be littlerally "the frag of my dreams." The real juice never lives up to my expectations .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Blog Entries

I've had a lot of fragrance-related dreams. My weirdest was based on a real table of old scents that I encountered in a grocery store. In real life, they were just some slightly older grocery store scents like Old Spice. But in my dream, they were awesome, legendary discontinued scents. I couldn't carry enough of them, and I didn't want to horde them for myself, either. So I tried to wake all of you up in my dream, so you would come and get these awesome deals.

It didn't work.

I just had a fragrance dream myself. I walk into a store and the SA tells me to close my eyes and she sprays something in my face. It smells like Prell shampoo, so I say, "Green Soapy". She seems satisfied with my answer and sprays something else in my face. It is a mature woody type smell that I can't place. She says it has a "muscle" note and I believe the cologne is actually called Muscle. She hands me a bottle and I walk away. I also see a box full of sample for sale. I remember them being wrapped up like tootie rolls Bond no.9 style, but can't recall any specific names.

I'm trying to convince myself to plunk down the money for a bottle of Carnal Flower, and recently had a dream that I received it as a gift. Although I think that's less of a dream about fragrance per se than a basic wish-fulfillment dream.

I have dreams of Soir d'Orient by MPG all the time. I haven't smelled it yet and I want it so bad

Than that, I've had 1 or 2 dreams, usually about finding some crazy rare fragrance for cheap or something.
    Last edited by Ekove; 9th September 2010 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Tonight I had a dream. There was a nice lady which smelled great. And then I asked her. Isnt it Dior Addict 2? Yes it is, and that big pink bottle appeared in front of me.

WTH is this? I have no idea how Dior Addict 2 smells.
    It's meant for 1 of 2 things from my perspective:
    1. You need to buy Dior Addict 2 for someone, sometime
    2. God is telling you you are a perfume "Addict"

And i have not had a dream about a bottle of fragrance, most of my dreams are without smell I think. But fortuneately in vivid color and sound, and sometimes quite lucid and shapable. Though mostly i waste the lucidity purely for lust.

During a nap the other day I had a dream that I was going to by something...some fragrance that I really want in real life but I ended up buying Kouros. The odd thing about the Kouros was that it was in a thick heavy crystal clear bottle shaped exactly like the real Kouros bottle and it was made by Ted Lapidus!

I was talking with my Wife about this today.....I dream that I go to this mall that has all of the high end department stores with all of the great scents.....In my dream this place is not to far away from my house.....I have some nice stores in my city but they are not in the same mall.....I would have to travel about 4 hours to find a mall like this.....It's a great dream.....Gary

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I've had a few of them in the past couple years. Three nights ago I dreamed was in a store/mall/bank/Disney (you know how dreams are) where I went to a counter and had a woman put a fragrance composed of violet and blackcurrant put on my left wrist, and I intended to try another one with rose in it on my right wrist from another counter.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I dream of fragrance quite often.

The dream that stands out in mind the most was right before New Years Eve 2005. Chanel no 5 talked to me and told me to make her my signature scent. She would be so lucky for me, everything I wanted would come true for me IF I would just wear Chanel no 5. And in my dream, it all made sense, because the number 5 is my favorite number. I wondered why I hadn't thought of that before! So, I get a sample of no 5 ... sorry, it just doesn't do a thing for me. I could never make it my signature scent.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    It's meant for 1 of 2 things from my perspective:
    1. You need to buy Dior Addict 2 for someone, sometime
    2. God is telling you you are a perfume "Addict"

And i have not had a dream about a bottle of fragrance, most of my dreams are without smell I think. But fortuneately in vivid color and sound, and sometimes quite lucid and shapable. Though mostly i waste the lucidity purely for lust.
    Hehe. Atleast I know how Addict 2 smells right now. I smelled it month ago in perfumery and really liked it. Maybe I should buy it for myself?
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

This is hilarious, I though I was the only one dreaming about fragrances! Indeed I do.
    Few nights ago I dreamt I was in a Debenham shop and I got a free Gucci Flora (??) gift box, with the perfume in the regular bottle and the shower gel or shampoo in a very cheap and awful tube, and I was thinking to myself "what the heck? Has Gucci gone that cheap?". It was so funny, first because I dislike Gucci Flora with passion, second because it was such a vivid dream that every time I see Gucci scents I start laughing!
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)