Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: new wardrobe feature - sotd/twitter type thang

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Scent of the day isn't working for me since the hack.
    Likewise

Blog Entries

Fragrance Directory, Wardrobe and SOTD features not working going on 2 weeks now.

Hey Grant, just FYI (and didn't want to start a new thread) the 'Pick me something random to wear' link in the wardrobe is rolling the same thing over & over for me. If you have a little time to take a look that would be awesome.

For some odd reason I changed my avatar and now my avatar isn't showing up.
    "Time to take another instant bath" - dad

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurFragMan View Post
    For some odd reason I changed my avatar and now my avatar isn't showing up.
    Still not getting the avatar...

No offense to the admins of the site but what's the point of even having this thread if you're not going to keep up with it and respond to problems that crop up?

It's not a huge deal, but I like to change my avatar according to the season. But my avatar no longer shows up when I post my SOTD. It just shows the greyed out man figure.

Is this something slated to get fixed or am I just going to have to live with it?

The point of the thread was to report on what was then, a new feature: a SOTD button.

If you are having problems with your avatar, please send a personal message to any of the moderators. I'll start looking into it for now if you like. Do you want something other than the autumnal scene that shows currently?

By the way, there is also a section called Community Centre: http://www.basenotes.net/forums/43-Community-Centre
    That's another good place to get a response to questions like yours. Posting there may help us determine if the problem is systemic, or lies somewhere else.

Well, apparently I have the same problem, as do many members who report their SOTD. My avatar shows up everywhere but there. My super powers don't work for this.

I'll ask for help.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Well, apparently I have the same problem, as do many members who report their SOTD. My avatar shows up everywhere but there. My super powers don't work for this.

I'll ask for help.
    Kryptonite? Scentonite... haha

I'll ask for help.
    Were you able to find help for this?

I'll ask for help.
    BUMP... really would like to get this answered/resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurFragMan View Post
    BUMP... really would like to get this answered/resolved.
    It is on the list of things that need to be fixed.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 19th October 2011 at 06:39 PM.

It is on the list of things that need to be fixed. Is there a particular reason this is important to you at this time?
    I was wanting to have an avatar that represents whatever season it is.

It's not a huge deal, but I don't understand why it's taking so long to be fixed. Seems like it would just be a small tweak of the code to get it to work correctly. But then I don't know what the code is, so...

Is there any way to see statistics on each fragrance? Like how many times it has been worn total, by everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by srschirm View Post
    Is there any way to see statistics on each fragrance? Like how many times it has been worn total, by everyone?
    That would be interesting.

I love this feature and use it daily. Except when I wear something not in the directory, which happens too often. It'd be great to see the directory updated more frequently. It's a shame, for instance, that the Dior Private Collection (which came out roughly two years ago) is not in the directory yet. The directory is arguably the most valuable part of the website and it's woefully out of date.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Well, at first I thought it didn't work, as when I pressed the button a strange page popped up which did not look promising. Then, returning to the link that shows you who's wearing what, there it was, with the comment window above it: Can I ever not comment? What my comment was meant to say (about "Jardanel") was: There was LSD at That Bal a Versailles. What came out was: Bal a Versailles drops LSD. (I was in a muddle) IT WORKS!
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

Quote Originally Posted by UngerWoo View Post
    I love this feature and use it daily. Except when I wear something not in the directory, which happens too often. It'd be great to see the directory updated more frequently. It's a shame, for instance, that the Dior Private Collection (which came out roughly two years ago) is not in the directory yet. The directory is arguably the most valuable part of the website and it's woefully out of date.
    There is movement at last! Leather Oud is up and I submitted Granville today - it looks like the bugs for getting stuff up have been sorted.

Mr. Reasonable,

I see Granville up at last. Thank you for submitting this. Would you be able to submit Vetiver from the Private Collection as well, please?
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

Is there any way to go back and post a SOTD for a day you missed?

Yes- I would like a "missed a day" feature as well, please!

Yes, third the above. I would love to be able to add to a day I missed. This feature and "pick me a random scent" alone have swept me away from the Fragrantica site.... about 40% of daily extra usage. These things truly make a difference. Thank you and I look forward to the addition of a missed day! Keep up the great work.
    Last edited by Indagnacious; 25th December 2012 at 09:00 PM.

Hey Grant,
    If you have a moment would you mind checking to see why Shanaan breaks my Most Worn list? Anything after it just doesn't show up. Maybe some weird character or something? It's been like that for a while.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ceekay; 6th March 2013 at 07:18 AM.

I have a suggestion, albeit not that important, BUT it'd be cool if we had a counter of how many times a frag was worn by a general public on the forum. For instance Joop! Homme worn 526 times this year, 114 times this month, 10 000 times since added to the directory. One day maybe, why not

Other suggestion - when adding scent of the day and it is not in the directory - we should have the ability to simply type it down without posting a frag per se.

Definitely a "Missed Day" feature as well as Zgb's suggestion regarding fragrances not yet in the database.
    Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart; but the heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as a fragrant forest.