Code of Conduct

Default Traveling With Fragrance

So I have a problem. I purchased a travel atomizer for obvious reasons, and the first fragrance I put into the atomizer was Creeds Green Irish Tweed. Unknowingly I left it in for some time, and the smell of the fragrance is still in there after continuous washing. I have not used any chemicals (bleach, soap, pine sol) because I am afraid what it might do to the next fragrance. My question is, can I use chemicals to help the smell come out, or should I just buy a travel atomizer for each fragrance, which would suck lol.

Default Re: Traveling With Fragrance

Easiest is to buy an atomizer for each fragrance.

The plastic parts of an atomizer tend to be really hard to clean. It can be done, but it takes patience; spray through with water, then alcohol and soak the plastic in alcohol for 24 hours. Spray through with alcohol. Repeat if necessary.

just get sample vials and use those for travel. when you are done throw them out.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Easiest is to buy an atomizer for each fragrance.

The plastic parts of an atomizer tend to be really hard to clean. It can be done, but it takes patience; spray through with water, then alcohol and soak the plastic in alcohol for 24 hours. Spray through with alcohol. Repeat if necessary.
    I concur with Tott. I've given up trying to totally rid an atomizer of the scent of its previous contents. Sometimes, even when it seems like I've thoroughly "cleaned" my atomizer, and load it with a new scent, I still smell light traces of the previous when I spray.

I'd definitely pay 3-4$ for a plain glass atomizer vs. going through the hassle, and still risk tainting the new contents.

Sorry, I know it wasn't of much help....
    Last edited by MFJ; 6th June 2010 at 06:09 PM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    ....The plastic parts of an atomizer tend to be really hard to clean. It can be done, but it takes patience; spray through with water, then alcohol and soak the plastic in alcohol for 24 hours. Spray through with alcohol. Repeat if necessary.
    This always works. Allow to dry completely afterwards.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    This always works. Allow to dry completely afterwards.
    It does! But it's impractical if you're in a hurry/don't plan ahead...

Buy cheap plastic atomizers in bulk. Check seattle_4 on ebay. I'm getting 50 3 ml plastic ones for about 35 dollars.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Buy cheap plastic atomizers in bulk. Check seattle_4 on ebay. I'm getting 50 3 ml plastic ones for about 35 dollars.
    My favorite source for cheap atomizers. They sell off eBay too on their own website-- Accessories for Fragrances.com. Website prices are a little bit lower than eBay prices, due to seller not having to pay eBay fees. The 3 ml and larger atomizers screw shut and are easy to refill.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    My favorite source for cheap atomizers. They sell off eBay too on their own website-- Accessories for Fragrances.com. Website prices are a little bit lower than eBay prices, due to seller not having to pay eBay fees. The 3 ml and larger atomizers screw shut and are easy to refill.
    +1. Selection ranges from a couple of mLs to 10mL (or more?)
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Yeah, I've bought a few decants off someone who uses AccessoriesForFragrances as their source for atomizers, and I'm really really impressed by them. I've used the 5ml and 8ml varieties, and both of them spray insane amounts for such a tiny little atomizer. They seriously put some of my full bottle sprayers to shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    Yeah, I've bought a few decants off someone who uses AccessoriesForFragrances as their source for atomizers, and I'm really really impressed by them. I've used the 5ml and 8ml varieties, and both of them spray insane amounts for such a tiny little atomizer. They seriously put some of my full bottle sprayers to shame!
    Good to know! i've been looking into them.
    Last edited by NDN-01; 7th June 2010 at 01:23 AM.

I use 6ml glass atomizers bought off of an ebay seller, and I've successfully cleaned them by soaking in alcohol. (Obviously, spray the alcohol a few times to get rid of the fragrance in the sprayer.)
    someone please stop me from buying more cologne.

top five: 1) Creed Vintage Tabarome 2) Creed Windsor 2) Serge Lutens Chergui 3) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur 5) MFK Lumiére Noire Pour Homme