Code of Conduct

Arrow Ladies: What scent makes you want to tear a guy's clothes off?

Here's the quick run down. I'm in love. Yea just sitting and flirting with this girl is great. But add a little scent that she kind of sniffs as she approaches me that turns her on is a definitely plus.

So I'm asking: What scent makes you intrigued by a guy, makes you want to sniff him?

Please nothing overly obscure or Barber-shop-ey (like Rive Gauche).

I'm talking in the vein of Fierce, 212 Sexy, Kouros Cologne Sport. I'm 21 - so no Creeds and Clive Christians. I want something young, VIRILE. That's the word.

I want something that I can wear as my everyday summer frag, but also going out at night or (hopefully) on a date?

thanks so much!

Default Re: Ladies: What scent makes you want to tear a guy's clothes off?

Please read this long thread. In the end, there is no "magic potion" fragrance that will turn you into a Greek god of love. If your character is winning and a woman is attracted to you, I can assure you it has nothing to do with your fragrance, its name or how much you spent on it.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/189...blah-blah-blah
    Last edited by Primrose; 6th June 2010 at 08:43 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Ditto what Primrose said. She is exactly right. Of the 400+ posts to that thread she linked, there are probably over 100 different scent recommendations. And the answer to which one actually works is both "all of them" and "none of them." It's not the fragrance; it's you.

If you are still looking for more answers to your question, you can also read this 2000+ posts thread:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Smile Re: Ladies: What scent makes you want to tear a guy's clothes off?

Frankly, "Nature's Own" usually does it for me; about 24 hours worth. If you're talking cologne, I love POLO (orginal) in small doses. Sweet and dirty.
    "It's not the scent that recalls the person; it's the person who recalls the scent"

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Not a perfume but my guy's own scent....

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Not a perfume but my guy's own scent....
    Roses, I second this. The scent of a man you love is the ultimate perfume--with or without added scent on top of him.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

My wife used to tell me "Fresh Sweat".

A lady on here once posted a reply to a similar thread and used the phrase "Naughty Sweat".

However, if she's already flirting with you you're off to a good start
    Last edited by JohnTheBeginner; 7th June 2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: tpyo

See, I don't see how "virile" accomplishes much. It seems to assume that advertising, very very loudly, that something IS AVAILABLE, REALLY AVAILABLE, REALLY, I MEAN IT, AVAILABLE!, will make a person want it.

But "available" isn't so much the point. The characteristics that will draw a person in are much more complicated and subtle than that, and they vary with every person.

Tom Ford's Black Orchid. Egads it's wonderful.

My ex boyfriend used to wear Chaps.......wow, talk about sexy!!!!!!!! That mixed with his Rightguard deodorant spray was intoxicating........

GENDARME. plain and simple. The best smelling mens cologne EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by turron View Post
    Here's the quick run down. I'm in love. Yea just sitting and flirting with this girl is great. But add a little scent that she kind of sniffs as she approaches me that turns her on is a definitely plus.

So I'm asking: What scent makes you intrigued by a guy, makes you want to sniff him?

Please nothing overly obscure or Barber-shop-ey (like Rive Gauche).

I'm talking in the vein of Fierce, 212 Sexy, Kouros Cologne Sport. I'm 21 - so no Creeds and Clive Christians. I want something young, VIRILE. That's the word.

I want something that I can wear as my everyday summer frag, but also going out at night or (hopefully) on a date?

thanks so much!
    I'm not a lady, but I have some advice. First, you will get some very bad advice on this forum because basenoters often have very different taste than the general public. I would avoid anything by Creed, Chanel, anything described as a gourmand, and anything with the word "vetiver" in it.

There are two kinds of frags that would work for you here. First would be a light aquatic. Cool Water is well known for being liked by girls, and is inexpensive. It's simple, but she will probably like it.

The other route would be a soft and sexy fragrance. Armani Code is probably the king of these if its female attention you want. Some gourmands fit this bill, but they're very strong and half the female population will be actively offended by them.

Un profumo affettuoso

There is no magic potion ... since tastes are so different from woman to woman, man to man.... -

Our plumber (who had some repair-work to do at our home the other day) told my husband that DIESEL for man works miracles for him.. - heclaimed he actually managed to seduce a housewife in her bathroom wearing this stuff...- so my hubby was eager to smell it... -
    I for my part don't like it at all, so it would not work on me!

I also heard that some guys like SEX APPEAL for men ... inexpensive and "what cheesy guys should smell like" (according to Tania Sanchez in her famous GUIDE written togesther with her husband).

Your cologne will never be the thing that gets you the girl, but it can enhance things by giving her something nice to associate with you. The key is to avoid a fragrance that might offend her. Safe frags are best for this. (avoid A*Men, etc.)

Re: A man's natural scent making women swoon:

When I get in a from a run, smelling of sweat, my girlfriend literally runs away from me until I rinse off, at which point I am allowed to approach. You will probably have much better luck being a clean natural smelling man.

Also, vulcan is correct that many women like Armani Code. Light, sweet and harmless. Statistically, I think there is magic recipe, and that is it. No woman will actively dislike a light, sweet and harmless scent, though it may not make her want to tear your clothes off either. I'm not sure any scent would have that effect.

You can also guarantee that the same scent will not be loved on Basenotes. Allure Homme Sport and many other sweet aquatics fall into this category.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 11th June 2010 at 09:05 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Re: A man's natural scent making women swoon:

When I get in a from a run, smelling of sweat, my girlfriend literally runs away from me until I rinse off, at which point I am allowed to approach. You will probably have much better luck being a clean natural smelling man.

Also, vulcan is correct that many women like Armani Code. Light, sweet and harmless. Statistically, I think there is magic recipe, and that is it. No woman will actively dislike a light, sweet and harmless scent, though it may not make her want to tear your clothes off either. I'm not sure any scent would have that effect.

You can also guarantee that the same scent will not be loved on Basenotes. Allure Homme Sport and many other sweet aquatics fall into this category.
    JiveJazz, there is a fine line to be drawn here. LOL! When a man showers and is fresh from soap and water--that is squeaky clean. Nice, but not sexy. When his own skin scent...his own odeur virile...appears a few hours later, *that* is true sex appeal. When a man has done a gym workout after being at work all day...that is *not* sexy because he smells like a sweatsock.

The natural scent of a man's skin with a little perfume is VERY, sexy. A little bit of male muskiness is fine; smelling like a sweatsock is not.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

While I find these oft-repeated threads amusing, I can't help asking - don't we already have a sticky?

Anyway if a girl is drawn to you, she'd associate positive things with whatever scent you have on. Or even if you aren't wearing any scent! I used to have a classmate who often smells nice. But he behaves like a creep around the attractive girls and to cut a long story short...none of his colognes could help him get any girl. I certainly don't remember relying on scents to attract the fairer sex. Work on the charm, my friend, not the scent. And welcome to Basenotes!
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 24th June 2010 at 06:19 PM.