Code of Conduct

Smile Scent of New Orleans+++

Hello!I've been listening to jazz music lately and I've been reading about the Big Easy a lot but I haven't had the chance to visit New Orleans yet!I was wondering what scent can capture the feeling of New Orleans.Something that a Southern Belle might wear!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Maya; 8th June 2010 at 10:55 AM.

Default Re: Scent of New Orleans+++

Please have a good look at our own Evangeline's Wardrobe -- she is from around there and wear her classics and strongs well and with poise.

Quarry has visited NO a few years ago and brought a haul of authentic fragrances blended by the local craftsmen, Hove line was mentioned, if memory serves.

This thread might be of help: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/203...to-New-Orleans!
    Last edited by Twolf; 8th June 2010 at 11:16 AM.

Thank you so much!:-)!

Sur la Plage

Didn't Bond create a New Orleans scent? http://www.nola.com/fashion/index.ss...tes_new_o.html
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think you can also order online to get a taste for New Orleans:

http://www.neworleansperfume.com/fragrances.htm
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

The notes I would associate with New Orleans (at least the romantic New Orleans in my head!) would be magnolia, moss, lily, cedar, bourbon, pepper and spices.
    Last edited by Thalia; 8th June 2010 at 04:10 PM.

The first time I tried L'Heure Bleue I was in the French Quarter, so L'Heure Bleue will always remind me of New Orleans. The creepy elegance of it suits that place perfectly. The French Quarter itself reeks of booze, garbage, and much, much worse things...so you probably don't want that...

If you ever go there be careful because it is SO dangerous. And you have to at least look in the windows at the antique district--it's incredible!

The French Quarter can reek of garbage after long nights of revelry (which is what it's known for after all), but the sanitation department is very good about getting the dumpsters emptied in a very timely fashion. Unless you're standing near an over-flowing dumpster, the French Quarter smells of any other urban area with a high concentration of restaurants and bars. It smells like food and booze, and if you're lucky to be there when they're in bloom, Sweet Olive trees. Walk past St. Louis Cathedral and you'll be able to add incense to the melange. Cafe du Monde adds a fantastic aroma of cafe au lait and hot beignets. Aunt Sally's will make your mouth water - one sniff of the caramelized sugar and pecans and you'll just have to step inside for a fresh praline. The French Market smells of spicy seafood boils, ripe fruit, incense and leather goods. There are times I absolutely long for the smell of New Orleans (before the oil spill..... )

Btw, it's good to use caution anytime you're in an unfamiliar setting. Greater New Orleans is suffering from horrible crime rates, but it's easy to stay outside of the areas in question, and violent crime is rarely aimed at tourists. I was born and raised in New Orleans. I lived there for twenty years and visit quite frequently, and never once have I felt the presence of danger, or had any reason to be fearful. If you ever actually feel unsafe you need a better tourguide. Be smart - stick to populated places with well-lit streets in the French Quarter, or along St. Charles though the Garden District and Uptown - and you'll experience a city and culture of incomparable grace and loveliness, and some of the best aromas (plus food, music and friendly people) you'll ever be lucky enough to encounter.

Yeah, I think there was a lot of partying the last time I was there (a few days before this past New Year's). I've visited twice and I think I had a much better experience the first time my family went, when it was an off time for tourism. We were able to see so much more.