Code of Conduct

Default Loving Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan

Wow, got a sample from Lucky Scent and am trying it out today. This scent is fantastic! Reminds me of a sweet, lightly smokey dry wood. I cant stop sniffing my arm. There's some kind of dirty note that actually smells attractive. I cant put my finger on it. Maybe it's the clove and nutmeg? Projection and longevity seem to be doing well too. I highly recommend you to check this one out if you're a fan of dry woods.

..now to get a bottle of absinthe to see how the two compare....
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Default Re: Loving Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan

I have always been a fan of absinthe. If it's honeyed absinth maybe with some lavender,some spices and dry woods I know I'll like it. I'm a Foul for Absinthe and I'll most definitely try this one pretty soon.

Please share some aspects about longevity / projection.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    I have always been a fan of absinthe. If it's honeyed absinth maybe with some lavender,some spices and dry woods I know I'll like it. I'm a Foul for Absinthe and I'll most definitely try this one pretty soon.

Please share some aspects about longevity / projection.
    I'll try and get a full review up on youtube tonight but for projection, I can easily smell it a foot away. And that's after putting it on about 4 hours ago. And I didnt even use much of my sample. Not bad!

Dependent

Another fan of Fou d'Absinthe signing in. An understated and very well-made scent. Olivia Giacobetti seems to be a master at going low key. Nice to know there are fans of this. : )

Coincidentally, I just bought a bottle of Fou d'Absinthe on Sunday.

I have never smelled absinthe. I always assumed it smelled like Pernod, which I don't think Fou d'Absinthe smells of. Fou d'Absinthe is not as sweet smelling as Pernod. Both smell of star anise to me, though, so there is a slight resemblance.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I love this stuff. Don't bother comparing it to actual absinthe, though. Although they do share some common notes, Fou d'Absinthe doesn't smell much like actual absinthe, which smells strongly of anise with a bit of wormwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I love this stuff. Don't bother comparing it to actual absinthe, though. Although they do share some common notes, Fou d'Absinthe doesn't smell much like actual absinthe, which smells strongly of anise with a bit of wormwood.
    I only get a hint of anise in Fou d'absinthe. But the scent seems very complex. I get a different smell each time my nose touches my arm.

I love it. I was initially thinking absinthe / pernod etc. and there is a hint of that (if you're looking for it - and sort of squint your eyes and look really hard) but expectations from the name aside I think it's a great scent and particularly nice in crisp cool weather (sorry, Matt, couldn't resist ). I get a sort of piney green vibe from it but that's just one facet - it has kept me interested for a while now. Great stuff.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    ....and particularly nice in crisp cool weather (sorry, Matt, couldn't resist ). I get a sort of piney green vibe from it but that's just one facet - it has kept me interested for a while now. Great stuff.
    LOL... I'll remember to overspray when you do visit...

I get a piney green vibe from it too....

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post

I get a piney green vibe from it too....
    I do in the drydown. But it's not a fresh pine kinda smell. Sorta a dry old Christmas tree smell, but in a very good way.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Fantastic scent-- my husband and I both love it on him.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    my husband and I both love it on him.
    Why am I confused when I read this??? hahaha Are you saying your husband loves the scent on himself?

Big fan of F D'A, here. I love its *warm* pine note. Always very satisfying. It has a hint of wormwood, which I characterize as a dusky-dry green herbal sort of scent... works well with the pine.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    Wow, got a sample from Lucky Scent and am trying it out today. This scent is fantastic! Reminds me of a sweet, lightly smokey dry wood. I cant stop sniffing my arm. There's some kind of dirty note that actually smells attractive. I cant put my finger on it. Maybe it's the clove and nutmeg? Projection and longevity seem to be doing well too. I highly recommend you to check this one out if you're a fan of dry woods.

..now to get a bottle of absinthe to see how the two compare....
    Good! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I was hoping you would after your Absynthe review.

Basenotes Institution

One of, if not the best, scent by L' Artisan Parfumeur. I need to get a decant of this one of these days.

Off-Scenter

I'm glad to see this seriously under-appreciated scent getting some attention. It's a great spring and summer staple for me. (And, incidentally, a case that leaves me wondering if certain eminent perfume critics need their noses checked...)

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    Why am I confused when I read this??? hahaha Are you saying your husband loves the scent on himself?
    Well, if I just said "We both love it" then it sounds like I wear it, too. I don't, but I could...I think this scent could be worn by women easily.
    And, yes, he loves the smell of it on himself too-- just as I love the smell of my perfumes on me!

If we didn't, why would we wear them?

I bought a bottle of it cheap, and wear it occasionally. It's certainly okay, but I've never been very enthused by it.
    Renato

Love it too. Wonder why I've never gotten a full bottle? I'm going to dig out my sample and enjoy it! Thanks for the reminder.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Definitely a large full-bottle worthy purchase. A wonderful scent IMO.

I have to reply - I LOVE Fou d'Absinthe. I wear woody/spicy scents, and get more complements on my fragrance when I wear more "masculine" scents than when I wear more traditionally female/feminine perfumes.

This is the perfect cologne/perfume for women who like a heavier, spicier scent and don't want to smell like everyone else.

Very briefly tested this last year and got more skunk than I normally like. I will revisit for sure...

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I like it so much I have two!

Actually I have two by accident, bought a bottle a week before I got one for my bday :X